Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How much will a 600w grow raise my electricity bill?

• Please log in to reply

TokeWithPassion

TokeWithPassion

• Registered Upgraded
  • 241 posts

Also, will one 600w light work for two plants?

ruffstylez

ruffstylez

• Registered Upgraded
  • 800 posts
Not much. Even my 1000 watter only raised it about 20 bucks. And yeah if you only did 2 plants that's kind of a waste of a light. Id do at least 4.

Dub316

Dub316

• Registered Upgraded
  • 339 posts

Also, will one 600w light work for two plants?

Check ya electric bill it shows you how much you get charged per watt then do the math

MyDogSmokesWeed

MyDogSmokesWeed

Cap'n Chronic

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,308 posts
You take Price per kilowatt hour. Let's say it's 10 cents just for reference.
First a 600W uses .6 KW hours each hour.

So take .6 (KWH) X .10 (price per KWH) X 18 (hours veg time) X 30 (days in month) = $32.40 for each month of Veg.

.6 (KWH) X .10 (price per KWH) X 12 (hours flower time) X 60 days = $43.20 (or $21.60 per month)

Price will change depending on your price per KWH and veg time though. Round about, that's what you'll be looking at.

Ẅest Čoast

Ẅest Čoast

i'm just a soul whose intentions are good

• Registered Upgraded
  • 10,247 posts
Here is a calculator

Costs Calculator

Find out how much your electricity company is charging a kWh and you can have an accurate cost per month.

I think for a 600w you're looking at around $22-$28 per month while you're light is on 18/6 cycle and then $15-$19 a month once you switch to 12/12

AloeRuss

AloeRuss

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • 863 posts

Doc-J

Doc-J

Dont mind me, Im fucked up on cornbread

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,745 posts
My power went up about $25 or $30 running a 600w and fans on 20/4. We have cheap electric though.

600w will grow two plants very well. You could add more if you wanted, or stick with two and scrog and/or top for huge plants.

AloeRuss

AloeRuss

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • 863 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users