Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does my weed look moldy? (pics included)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by torenxw, Dec 1, 2012.

1. I think my weed looks moldy. If you agree, what do you think I should do with it? I was thinking I might leave it in a medicine jar for a few days and see if it gets worse.

Attached Files:

2. does it smell of musk?

3. Its probably mold...but from the picture it looks like spider mites. Either way F that stuff man. I wouldnt recommend smoking that at all

4. I would say so. The one on the left clearly looks lik a cobb webby material that is usually identified as mold.

I wouldn't smoke it but hey that's just me

5. So I'm going to toss it. Do you guys think the medicine jar that I used to contain it in is still safe?

6. looks like it but id still smoke it i herd it will ither get u blazed as fuck or u puke :smoking::smoking::smoking:

7. clean it with rubbing alcohol, the mold can leave residual matter in the container.

8. that's definitely mold

9. You got a lot to learn, man.

10. I'd say that stuff looks fine I'd smoke that right up, if any one thinks that's a bad idea then you wouldn't want to see the stuff I just made hash with, I've smoked a lot of moldy weed and besides splitting my sides caughing I was fine, if that is mold on there it's not even enuff to taste it, go get that shit out of the trash and smoke it!

11. We got a genius over here. What would possibly lead you to believe smoking mold is any kind of a good idea?

12. Just because it hasn't had a negative effect on you doesn't mean it's safe to smoke.

There is absolutely mold on that weed which makes it unsafe to smoke.

The biggest risk is if you have a compromised immune system or a mold allergy.
    There was actually a case of a man in his mid 30's who smoked marijuana that had mold present after a bone marrow transplant. He died from a lung infection caused by the mold.

I realize that OP probably doesn't have a compromised immune system, and it's unlikely that he would experience severe negative effects. But why make that bet?

And more importantly, why tell someone else to make that bet?

13. You better be a Mensa member if you want to bust on me, cuz you'll need that 140 if you want to look at iqs

14. Just another reason IQ tests are unreliable as a measure of actual intelligence.

15. I've seen and know a lot of people who have smoked moldy weed and no one got sick, so I don't worry about it, but you do have a good point some one could have a week system and get sick.

16. You know some times I start to take offense at stuff online then I remember , it's problem just some dumb kid who doesn't know any better and if not a kid then just someone who's dumb

17. There are a few very dangerous mold strains (Stachybotrys chartarum and Aspergillus flavus to name 2) that if smoked could easily kill you. Note these types of mold are rare on marijuana and youd have to smoke alot but ENTIRELY possible to die. There are MANY more strains that will make you very ill...

NEVER EVER SMOKE MOLDY WEED

18. Aspergillus fumigatus was the strain that killed the marrow transplant guy, if anyone was curious.

19. Done and doner. Cleaned my grinders too. Took forever.

20. I took it out of the trash, but I'm just letting it sit, in no container, on my desk, in hopes it will dry out and the mold will die off. Seems to be working. :D