Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Screen won't stay in bowl

• Please log in to reply

nunsbythebundle

nunsbythebundle

• Registered Upgraded
  • 100 posts
I just bought a brand new bong. Its my first bong but I've used them before. I tried to put in a screen but it kept popping out so iI cut it smaller but it still kept happening. I ended up using some tinfoil. How do I stop it from coming out?

The Incredible

The Incredible

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,563 posts
wouldnt use tin foil in the bong... can you post pictures to see what the bowl looks like?

nunsbythebundle

nunsbythebundle

• Registered Upgraded
  • 100 posts
Posted Image
I couldn't link real image. It was way too big. The hole is like 3mm in diameter

Edited by nunsbythebundle, 01 December 2012 - 06:16 PM.

zachw15

zachw15

R3g1st3r3d Us3r

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Just put a big nug in first.. A perfect screen that will get you higher.

SiriusWolff

SiriusWolff

GC Resident Furry Deviant

• Bronze Member
  • 9,668 posts

iamkush

iamkush

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
you need to build up the resin in the bowl so the screen has something to stick to. smoke a few bowls, then try putting the screen in again

smokehound

smokehound

Autodidact

• Registered Upgraded
  • 6,635 posts

Just put a big nug in first.. A perfect screen that will get you higher.

Uh..

yeah, i dont think so. lol

SuperDieselHaze

SuperDieselHaze

BAD MOTHER FUCKER

• Registered Upgraded
  • 117 posts
Yea I wouldn't use tin foil. Your probably using those really thick stainless screens, those can be a bitch. I cut mine down and bend them, and they work great, and hold up pretty well too.

Try using brass screens, there much more workable, but they clog up faster. If all else fails, just get a glass screen.

TobySucks

TobySucks

Island Life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 284 posts

you need to build up the resin in the bowl so the screen has something to stick to. smoke a few bowls, then try putting the screen in again

Yeah this or get a glass screen, what i do with metal on a new glass slide is rest the screen in the bowl then sprinkle bud onto it then smoke out of it the air from your pull will pull the screen down and the bud ontop should add resin to make it stick.

In reality you should get a glass screen because eventually that metal screen will tear open from all the sucking a bunch of weed smoke through it contantly

SwichOne

SwichOne

No thought is true. Ever.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 7,893 posts
Dude do NOT use tinfoil! That shit is bad for you... The screen won't fit cuz you got the wrong size.... Next time ask for a glass screen and in the meantime use a piece if glass from a broken beer bottle as a screen

Guest_greger_*

Guest_greger_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Dude do NOT use tinfoil! That shit is bad for you... The screen won't fit cuz you got the wrong size.... Next time ask for a glass screen and in the meantime use a piece if glass from a broken beer bottle as a screen

Glass screens are Great But I would never use a broken piece of glass!:cool:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

It's just "The Doctor"

• Gold Member
  • 29,870 posts

Purple Dream

Purple Dream

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 282 posts

this.
this is what i do.

habitual addict

habitual addict

• Registered Upgraded
  • 309 posts
i had this problem the other day screen wouldnt stay so i just scraped a big ass ball of resin from my pipe and broke fat balls off of it and stuck it all around the hole so the bud cant fall through now its hard and built up and looks like a pefect small little hole

Purple Dream

Purple Dream

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 282 posts

i had this problem the other day screen wouldnt stay so i just scraped a big ass ball of resin from my pipe and broke fat balls off of it and stuck it all around the hole so the bud cant fall through now its hard and built up and looks like a pefect small little hole

but you're smoking resin too. :/
which i have nothing against if i'm out of weed.
but i don't like the taste.

BudButler

BudButler

Student

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,625 posts
you just gotta get a small resin build up in the bowl so the screen has somthing to stick to if you have ever noticed glass is vary slippery

acura2012

acura2012

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello try the glass gauze its in the accessory section on the store or you can get them at your local hs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users