Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone have any edible questions!? I can help!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by the bubbla, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Just be careful and start slow, as the effects differ dramatically from 1 person to another. When you find a product you like, work with it to get your personal right dosage & effect. Sit back, relax, and then get .........Blissfully Baked :) Enjoy!

2. At what temp would hash oil decarb if it was simmering in coconut oil? Would it be like 220-240?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I added a thread can u help me out pleaseeee

4. I don't know if anyone has tried warming a flour tortilla put the weed butter in the middle then scramble eggs and put it on top of the butter. Grate some fresh cheddar and close the tortilla burrito style. Let the butter melt, put more cheese on top then top with hot sauce. You'll stay baked all day :)))

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. hello I hope your still around I have some questions about ml/mg conversion

6. So I have a jar full of vaped remains, could I just dump it on some scrambled eggs and cook? (the eggs will have cream cheese and milk to)

7. The slow cooker method is highly effective and damned near impossible to screw up. I've recently seen "magic butter" machines but it is so easy and foolproof in a slow cooker (on low) that I see no reason to fork over damned near 200.00 for it when a small 15.00 slow cooker does such an excellent job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Wait a crock pot

9. Coconut oil, water, weed and 6 hours in the crock pot. Alternating between high and low. Never failed me ;)

10. Ok Il try that, do I just put straight bud in the crockpot? (with the other ingredients

11. How do I make hard candies with shatter?

12. Need quick help, made successful canabutter and separated it, how long will it keep outside the fridge in a tupperware?

13. #754 puddleglum, May 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    I assumed by "separated it" you mean you evaporated the water and strained the milk solids to make clarified butter (ghee)? Ghee will last 3 months or more in a sealed container in a dark, cool place like a kitchen cabinet.

If you did not clarify the butter, in my opinion it gets pretty rancid after a week or two in the summertime, but I also know plenty of old timers who never refrigerate their butter and have been doing so for decades.

If on the other hand you mixed water with your butter (I see this recommend a lot for some strange reason) then that is the opposite of what you want to do to preserve the butter a long time.

14. I used water Il just have to make some cookies tomorrow Il have to find time

15. Or if I freeze it completely tonight can it sit in room tempature for a day before baked

16. #757 puddleglum, May 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015

Are you talking about potency or food safety?

In terms of potency, I can't imagine much if any potency would be lost in 24 hours at room temperature.

In terms of food safety, it depends on lots of variables like: temperature, light, humidity, whether the butter is salted, if there are strong smells nearby (butter is notorious for absorbing odors), what kinds of spores are floating around your kitchen, etc.  Butter predates refrigeration by hundreds if not thousands of years. There is an invention called a "butter crock" that people of my grandparents' generation used to keep their butter fresh at room temperature.

Let your senses be your guide: if the butter smells rancid, tastes bad, or has mold growing on it, throw it out. [​IMG]

I personally do not use butter in canna-cooking (it is a very fussy ingredient in the kitchen, too easy to burn it and ruin the whole batch) and prefer coconut oil.

17. Ok Il freeze it and put it in a tupperware, thanks for the quick response I was blunted freaking out about my 1st butter batch

That should help as long as you keep it out of the light. Of course, depending on the recipe, you may want to place it back into the fridge or freezer until it solidifies slightly since many recipes want the butter softened and not melted. [​IMG]

19. Ok screw it Il keep it.img the freezer to be safe