Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does gosting/stale smoke loose thc?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by The Golden Spiral, Dec 1, 2012.

1. so the other day i saw an old thread that said that stale smoke lost thc.
    So yesterday while i hotboxed with some frieds. well you know everybody start trying to do french inhales and ghosting and ring ghosting(well only i* can). and i was thinking that at home if i try to do that i don't get as high.
    may it be because the smoke that you hold in your mouth is technically stale smoke and it¿'s loosing thc?
    or is it just placebo?

2. Hope someone in your crew is at least a female if you're a dude. Hotboxing with a bunch of dudes doing french inhales and smoke ring tricks sounds like a real sausage fest. Just sayin'

3. Hotboxing with a bunch of dudes is inhaling smoke thats already been in their body into yours. Whatever floats your boat OP

4. Some real homophobes here.. if he cracked a window would the gay lessen?
    ZOMG DUDE SMOKE?! shut up...

OP, not sure if it loses THC. I'm sure it does but there has to still be some amount in it I would assume. No matter what, sitting in a car filled with smoke is just a good time.

You guys remember when Cheech and Chong smoke that joint and hotbox the car in Up in Smoke? Total fags, amirite?

5. Pretty sure you inhale other peoples smoke whenever you smoke with other people

6. yea if smoke just chills its loosing THC by the second. 8 seconds or so before the smoke is considered stale.

that's why there's no reason to hold it in longer than 7 seconds ever, won't get you any higher bro:)

7. most helpful comment of a lifetime

it doesn't make much of a difference

8. I'm pretty sure it keeps the THC until absorbed into the lungs

9. Yes, it 'loses' THC, no, it's not something you should worry about because it's negligible.

10. yea^ negligible with joints unless you hold it in your mouth for like 30 secs lol :)

11. Some people actually smoke like that man, people with lung problems.

You have to smoke way more, but it actually works. I suppose if you are out of edible's and need it for medical reasons, it'd be the only way to do it.

12. what even? if you only hold smoke in your mouth and get none of it into your lungs you're going to need literally 10x the amount to feel anything. people with lung problems should be using vapes/edibles.

ghosting hits gives you more THC if anything since smoke is in your lungs longer. stale smoke loses a bit of THC but not very much. negligible like the other dude said.

13. ?? Why's this gay? I hotbox with my dudes everyday. Smoking is a mans game anyway.

14. It's a placebo. The smoke won't lose THC just from you ghosting/french inhaling

15. I think it is actually more than 10x the amount, but if you would read closer I did say it takes alot. I also said it would be for someone with medical needs who is out of other options...

16. #18 The Golden Spiral, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
    Haha dude hotboxing is not gay. Not hating nor judging but you sound homophobic.

And i don't care if I'm inhaling other people's smoke. It's a hotbox. That's kind of the point of it. Just chill with a bunch of green in the air.