Advanced Nutrients

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by automan142, Nov 28, 2012.

1. [quote name='"automan142"']

Iv done all that, this runs about quality and iv got a better shot at 10/10 with the right nutes. Im not assed about weight thats what autopots r for lol[/quote]

[quote name='"bizie"']

Does this not make sense to anyone else?

I get, I've done all that, and this runs about quality, but then he loses me...
    :smoking::laughing:[/quote]

If i want 10 outta 10 quality then the better range of nutes the more chance iv got.

If i wanted 12z off 1 girl id run it in an autopot, this is for quality, not yeild bro

[quote name='"Ace420"']makes complete sense :)[/quote]

Thanks man, i did have to read it again to make sure but it makes perfect sense to me

2. Iv got this

image-3922686640.png

Those numbers they give me, would they b to make up my fresh soloution to change buckets once a week.

So week 1 of flowers bucket would consist of 28ml a & 28ml b along with 14ml voodoo juice

Changing weekly according to the chart

Week 6's would consist of 28ml of both a&b, 14ml b-52 and 14ml of overdrive?

Have i got this right?

3. thats what they say :) I also use the hobbyist bundle. I just go by my TDS

4. [quote name='"Ace420"']thats what they say :) I also use the hobbyist bundle. I just go by my TDS[/quote]

So iv got the right understanding on the way it works then?

5. yes but go by your TDS meter

6. Thanks for clearing that up for me because I really could not make any sense of that gibberish. assed about weight? lol

So in your opinion an auto pot gives the best yield? But this is only opinion and in mine a hydroponic dwc plant gives best yield. And IME quality comes from a dialed in environment and a good strain. Here I just found this doing research for another thread. This is Lucas's take on additives.

Lucas recommended that you do not introduce additives until your setup is dialed in. After you’ve ironed out any deficiencies and fully understand how your plant and strain likes to be fed, feel free to begin using additives (such as Floralicious) – not that the additives will help. For increased quality and yield, focus on good genetics, and ample light and temperature control, rather than trying to compensate for those with additives.

7. Opinions are like assholes, everyones got em and they all stink! :D

8. I would listen to bizie tho from what I can tell from him in 1 comment i know he knows his shit

9. thats funny, in other posts people are disagreeing :)

10. #31 bizie, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    Thanks w89. Been growing about 7yrs now and I read everything about cannabis I can get my hands on weather its on the internet of at a store but we all have room to learn. Ace, people can disagree with me and that's fine but I just ask for the info to back it up. Then people want to attack my level of skill, of course I am going to get defensive. Too bad they cant have a debate as maturely as you sir.

11. I know this is a little off topic, but I wonder why folks get so defensive in the first place. I mean, I know we're all guys with egos here (and girls too), but really, I don't care if someone tells me I'm doing something wrong.

If it works for me, then I'm happy to keep doing it, no matter what anyone says.

And if I am f-cking up, then I want advice - that's why I come to the boards!

Why can't there be a conversation about what's going on instead of just arguing about who has the best idea? I mean, we're not talking about religion here. Well, I'm not. LOL

12. Your line up looks good.. have never run AN, but looked at doing it more than once. I do use Voodoo Juice though as a root stim in veg along with Rhizotonic ( I run Canna ). I have had success with one, the other, and both together... so.. I would recommend a root stim for the Veg stage at least. Also, I am sure that you know, but when running the DWC you should have bubbler stones in your bucket...

13. I think a lot of the problem stems from the belief that we are our ideas or our opinions. Ever had a bad idea? Me too. Does that make me stupid? Nope, just means I'm human and had a bad idea. I can't count the number of times things have happened that have forced me to change my opinions.

If your opinions never change that's not a good thing. It means you're not open to learning new things.

But you're right, we see it all the time and I would wager most of us are guilty of it from time to time - we get personally offended and then defensive when someone challenges our ideas or our beliefs.

The thing to keep firmly in mind is that the truth withstands scrutiny. No matter how hard to analyze it, no matter how vigorously it's challenged, the truth holds fast.

And of course some of this is just personal preference. DWC or Autopot? I suppose someone could run a hard-core scientific experiment to prove which one averages more yield or whatever, but if I can't get an Autopot to out-yield my DWC, why would I care? Every grower is a little different and those differences can mean one guy does insanely better than average on DWC, another guy can outgrow anyone in soil...

Don't even get started on nutes - folks get seriously riled up if you don't like the same brand they like. Ask 10 growers about nutrients and you'll probably get 12 different opinions.

We could all benefit from more "I'm not my ideas" thinking. We all have good ideas, and we all have bad ones. When people challenge our beliefs we should... maybe "welcome" is a big thing to ask, but at least accept that it's okay to challenge. One of three things happens, they're proven right, you're proven right, or the result is inconclusive. None of that is the end of the world.

14. you sir, deserve some rep :D

15. Thanks, I appreciate it. Sometimes it seems all people want to do is fight and make things personal. It's nice to see level heads prevail.

16. What? A whole series of people being sensible and not viciously attacking each other's opinions?

Verily we are living in the end times! hehe

17. Don't use advanced nutrients, you pay a lot for nothing. I've tried advanced nut. and was very sorry, due to poor production. I suggest using General organics (Grow) and Bloom), You'll be glad you did if not you soon will learn the hard way. Good Luck !!!