Time Travel is Impossible

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by AshTapper33, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Possibilities are endless. If you have watched stargate, you would've seen the massive amounts of universes out there, with some containing a earth where everyone's a cowboy still, or when everyone is being watched by 'Big Brother' or even on an earth where we live in medieval times. That seems to me that time is in a loop, constantly experiencing new time frames. Is it possible that there are 11 of us? Jet Li 'The One'. This brings me into the debate that since our electrons are moving in and out of dimensions, maybe the parallel universes are sharing energy. & like in the movie, you can move between space and time. Since all matter is basically energy (atoms are proven to be vast empty spaces & energy), wouldn't it be awesome to kill your other selves and gain all the energy from the other universes, just like how jet Li did in the movie.

2. now ill HAVE to see this episode, probably bs though, but sounds very entertaining. thanks for the info.

lets say its true, then what? theres some type of time travel warfare going on?
    I dunno man, seems to paradoxy for me to buy into it.

3. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']

Side to side wouldnt technically be back and forth if you leave this dimension but thats how i also think it works..we could possible go sideways into a parallel universe but there would be no way knowing if that would take you to the future, past, or present and no way knowing if that universe would even be the same as ours[/quote]

I think it would bring us to the present but there would be very big changes in the way the universe works

4. such a device would require incredible amounts of energy. More then i think were capable of producing, and once you do time travel, unless your going to the future, i dont see how you would be able to bring enough energy with you to get back.

5. A stargate using some kind of irradiated element would suffice & to bring one back I suppose they have a watch with that element.

6. Do you mean like going really far far far out to where like comets and stuff are? Because yeah in a sense that would be going back in time lol.

Time travel to the future seems very possible, going back is the hard part. If they do find a way to make it a back and forth thing, then we are in trouble. And say in the future they aleady have such a device, then why aren't we seeing crazy time paradoxes happening right now? Unless there is like time traveler conduct code or something, but even if you went back that would change shit drastically...
    My brain, someone show me the light! Am I really able to go back in time and stop that bowl of noodles from tipping over on me and burning me? :confused:

7. Seems alot of things are possible these days. I finished talking with a professor & he says there are some stars that are Cool enough to TOUCH! Wtf mindfuck

8. LINK OF ANY SORT PLEASE?! I must see this. Or more details on the show you saw this on.
    Also how do we know those kids werent summond by Abe himself? He was into shit like that you know.

9. Wow I've been burned my noodle water too haha. Sucks doesn't it? Worst part got it on belly button

10. traveling back in time is probably impossible but traveling in the future is!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ0gQevrPTo]Stephen Hawking - Train Ride to the Future - YouTube[/ame]

11. Abe was in the massive crowd surrounding him and he didn't notice but I'm sure someone told him. It was Conspiracy Theorist with Jessie Ventura : Time Travel

12. [quote name='"digu miki"']

LINK OF ANY SORT PLEASE?! I must see this. Or more details on the show you saw this on.
    Also how do we know those kids werent summond by Abe himself? He was into shit like that you know.[/quote]

I really want to see it too!! Plz give a link bro

13. well i saw the episode of conspiracy theory
    here [ame=http://vimeo.com/54307358]Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura - Time Travel on Vimeo[/ame]

waste of time, complete BS imo. they compared the the photo of the kid at gettysberg with his real photo from when he was a child, and found that his head and shoulder structure matched, but the face of the kid in the gettysberg photo cannot be made out making it much more then likely a very small coincidence.

I could find a photo from the past with a kid whos face is blurred out and it might just happen to match my shoulder width and head shape, doesnt mean shit.

14. You are over looking the evidence. An out of place kid standing alone during a major political event wearing adult shoes & clothes & oversized hat. All the while, a president is in the background and him in the middle. Why wouldn't the photographers take pictures of Abe? And what is that boy doing there all sketchy like? If it sounds like a duck, and looks like its a duck, then it is a duck. I just wish that Conspiracy Theorist does lie detector tests

15. #37 Modality, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    Sorry to say, but that is not evidence. If it cannot be repeated in a lab experiment, then it doesn't exist.

16. Why wouldn't time travel be possible? Because it cannot be lab tested? Even then, some go out their way to say the test was bogus. Quantum physics is theoretical, so is this. There are so many possibilities unlocked in this universe. Scientist found stars so cool you can touch it for a brief second. Imagine that. Years ago I would've brushed that off as mumble jumble.

17. That's called the quantum fluctuation of the vacuum, which is predicted by quantum field theory. It tells us that over very, very small time scales and energy conditions wherein energy conservation and causality would appear to be violated since there is an inherent uncertainty associated with the system. This would mean that it is possible backwards time travel and matter being created and destroyed is possible since you cannot fully know, but it is a phenomena that only applies to particles in the vacuum. Macroscopically, energy is always conserved and causality is never violated, so no time machines.

18. Because it violates the known laws of the universe.

Precisely.

While that is true, that in the past that scientists have rejected experiments that contradicted what they were thought, there are equally as many and more scientists who would be willing to embrace time travel as science provided sufficient evidence.

Quantum physics is not theoretical, it is the most successful explanation of the universe thought up by the human mind and it has not been contradicted by experiment. In fact, the computer you're typing from uses technology that would only be possible through quantum physics.

In general, rhetoric doesn't work too well when one is trying to debate science.

Scientists were also able to create temperatures here on Earth that are colder than anywhere else in the known universe. How is that relevant to proving time travel is possible?