Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC topical salve *Healing ointment* How-to

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ironhead, Nov 25, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Stihmata"']
    I agree with the part about adding the wax to strained coco oil instead ofmelting it 1st, unless you have a mirco/proof bowl and melt it in micro and then add
    I screwed up and added 1/4 of a 1lb bar duh................. 4oz of bees wax to 16oz (left over after boil)
    After the balm set it was very hard to take a dip of it , so I remelted and added another 12ozs of coco oil and let it reharden. Softer and more manageable, second time around.
    So if you screw up you can adjust again.

OH and by the way THE Miricle Cream Works AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It relieves pain in my feet that nothing else has.
    Thks again Buddy
    [/quote]

It makes me so happy to hear that it's workin for ya bud! I'm glad at least one other person besides myself actually believes in this salve! Now you have experienced the benefits first hand.. Let's hope others follow along as well my friend.:)

2. I had that same bong you have in that first pic.

3. [quote name='"Gnomish"']I had that same bong you have in that first pic.[/quote]

Sounds like you got good taste my friend.:smoke:

4. Hey now! I believe in it, just waiting on my beeswax to get here.

I have a failed glycerin tincture...works great if taken orally but I wanted to use it in my ecig and it has no effect that way for me, so for me it's a fail. Anyway, I was in a LOT of pain the other day so I rubbed a bit on my back...and it worked! Didn't last long though, so I'm VERY interested in trying this salve once my beeswax gets here and my indicas are harvested.
    Soon :)

5. Hey now.. three's a crowd! :p:D

Ya know I live in a pretty big metroplex and I was able to find the vitamin E, ,coconut oil and the glycerin I have at the local Whole Foods.. I just could never find the beeswax for this recipe.. I just so happened to wander into an art store and boo-ya there it was staring at me just begging to be turned into fantastic THC salve.:smoke:

6. Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing

7. [quote name='"treehugger057"']Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing[/quote]

Thanks for checkin it out!

Folks I have been using this salve on my sore muscles at night.. I have a very strenuous labor intensive job and this stuff makes my ole body feel great! :D

8. It is a really great muscle relaxer and massage cream. :)

9. I LOVE the way it smells But I also added Peppermint

10. this stuff does work, my friend makes the same stuff for his grandmother who aches from all that athritis shit and she rubs it on her and it takes the aching away

11. [quote name='"habitual addict"']this stuff does work, my friend makes the same stuff for his grandmother who aches from all that athritis shit and she rubs it on her and it takes the aching away[/quote]

See.. I think this is sooo cool. :cool:

Does anyone know of any other ingredients to add to the salve besides what we have already talked about?

Coconut oil
    Beeswax
    Vitamin E oil
    Essential oils (for smell and specific healing)
    Aloe Vera

Any other kinds of beneficial additives to make this more medicinal than it already is? :confused_2:

I'm surprised that badkittysmiles hasn't come in here and dropped a bunch of knowledge making me look like a super amateur.. I was kinda hoping she would.:p:D

12. Send the thread to her and ask her to chime in, shes very busy, but im sure she may have time to look things over for a fellow Blade trying to help otheres THKS

13. About to gift this to my mom for Christmas :)

I think this would work wonders with her...she smokes and stuff, it's just I'm sure she would never think it could be a topical cream.

14. #54 STIGGY, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    I wonder if this would work as a wrinkle cream for the face Hmmmmmm?
    Oh I almost forgot here is the best price Ive found was $16 DOLLARS WITH SHIPPING
    You need to search Amazon for it Enter this :
    Jacquard Products 1-Pound Bees Wax, Yellow

15. I got mine from Amazon for $14 including shipping, but it's organic rather than refined. Looks good to me. Should be making my salve soon...it came today :)
    I have lavender oil, which I love, but I was thinking of trying tea tree oil in mine.

Sent from my iPad using GC Forum

16. Thks I did not even know that it is refined
    does refining add anything to the wax or just cleans it for sale?
    Not sure

17. Ya the stuff I got was organic too.. I think it was right about 14 dollars as well.

Lavender should be nice noob! :D

And apparently I need to read up on tea tree oil..:confused_2::laughing:

18. I only know about it because of my dogs....it has antiseptic properties and smells 'clean'. Maybe I'll use both...1/2 tea tree and half lavender. That sounds like a winner to me :)

Sent from my iPad using GC Forum

19. #59 hemi4spd, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
    Melaleuca alternifolia (aka tea tree)
    USES: fungal infections(candida, ringworm), sinus & lung infection, tooth& gum disease, water retention/hypertension, skin conditions(acne, sores)
    High levels of terpineol 4 makes it an excellent antimicrobial, antiviral, antiparasitic, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory.

Melaleuca Cajeput (aka Cajeput)
    USES: Throat/lung/sinus infections, urinary tract infections, coughs, intestinal problems,
    Again excellent antibacterial, antiparasitic, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic.

Melaleuca Quinquenervia (aka Niaouli or MQV)
    USES: hypertension, urinary tract/bladder infections, allergies, Anti-inflammitory, antibacterial, antiviral, antiparasitic, vasodilating, skin penetration enhancer.

Melaleuca Ericifolia (aka Lavender tea tree)
    USES: herpes virus, respiratory/sinus infections.
    This one is the most gentle on skin.

This concludes tea tree 101
    As I said any questions u got about essential oils. The wife would be most happy to share. :)

20. Oh wow! Thanks Hemi for dropping that here. It sounds like the tea tree oil and the salve have alot in common healing wise. I bet they would marry right up with one another.. great info. I am for sure going to have to try this out. Thanks again friend!:wave:

Its pretty cool that they make a lavender tea tree oil.. one stop shop baby!:D