Pink Floyd or The Beatles

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by tokin2da, Nov 25, 2012.

1. apples to oranges.

2. Pink Floyd easily! tracks like Money, Pigs, and Time made me fall in love with them. I've never been a big fan of the Beatles or their sound

3. Pink Flloyd for Sure lol

4. #44 Techno mechanical fox, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
    Pink Floyd any day.

Not really the same kind of music, even though each is classic rock, and I still like the beatles.

5. Never got into the beatles, though I've listened to every pink floyd album. That's where I stand.

6. Personally for me its Pink Floyd. But that's because I have an unhealthy addiction to Pink Floyd. They have always been, and always will be my number 1 choice.

With that said, I love the Beatles. Their music is great, as was mentioned they had more variety and were a different band to Floyd. I love both bands, but I love Floyd more.

^Also, this comment was probably the greatest comparison ever. While the two have different effects, you gotta have both.

A better question to have asked is Beatles or Bob Dylan.

7. Did you like Dark Side of the Moon and Wish you were here? Those are both great albums that pre-date The Wall. Animals too, the two albums you mentioned are quite different. But that's because Syd was apart of those albums. He really always was, but he actually led the band early on

8. #48 Ferratti, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
    I am agree. When you are high the pink floyd is good, but in the car I like beatles.

9. Hands down Pink Floyd. They are my favorite band and have been since I was 14!

10. A few months ago I would have said Floyd, but my tastes have been changing slightly lately

11. #51 a_traveling_wilbury, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    Sergeant Pepper's was always my favorite, and really what made me enjoy the rest of their stuff

edit: I was on a certain psychedelic unmentionable when I first heard that album though

12. floyd.. My dad had wish you were here on vinyl and I always loved the trippy art.. Also our song was welcome to the machine