Pink Floyd or The Beatles

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by tokin2da, Nov 25, 2012.

1. So im curious, who prefers pink floyd over The Beatles or the other way around. I was thinking about this and both bands are great and changed music forever. I personally like floyd but love the beatles to so i cant really say i like one more than the other lol, what do you think?

2. This is really tough. Both very good, very innovative bands for their time periods.

I think I'm gonna go with The Beatles because they found their footing a lot earlier than Pink Floyd did. The Beatles started to really blossom at Rubber Soul, which was still fairly early in their career. Pink Floyd, while they released lots of great music for their entire career, I feel like didn't become as well developed as artists until about the time of Meddle or Dark Side, which was actually pretty late relatively speaking. The Beatles also covered a lot of different ground... a lot of different styles of music can be heard in their catalog.

3. For me pink floyd, but I can't say they're "better" since the Beatles were a huge influence on early floyd

4. thats like asking indica or sativa.

5. I like both, I listen to pink Floyd all the time, don't really listen to Beatles but like their music.

Pink Floyd for me, but they are very different types of music.

6. Beatles had better lyrics but I liked Pink Floyds sound better :smoking:

7. I respect the Beatles for their contributions and recognize their huge influence on music history, but Pink Floyd all the way man.

Nothing beats listening to Dark Side Of The Moon with a few bowls ready

8. Taste wise, I like Floyd much more than the Beatles, but if you were going to rate them as to innovation and influence on music, the Beatles win hands down. Wherever Pink Floyd went the Beatles had been there first.

9. I'd take pink floyd all day. I don't listen to the beatles much..

10. Pink floyd hands down

11. Gotta vote Floyd on this one. I had some Floyd on an hour or so ago.

12. They're kinda too different to compare, but I'ma go with the beatles they have more classic songs there was a three month stretch where I had recently just got in to weed where I would play no other artist than the beatles. A lot of the time I'm just not in the mood for the Floyd. I hardly listen to either nowadays though.

13. Im a Beatles fan til the end. and like others above me that even took floyd over them acknowledged their influence....its pretty crazy how the Beatles broke into the whole "artists writing their own songs" scene, imagine music without that

and to all my high brothers, listen to this:smoking::smoking:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkzg8TQKUI]The Beatles(LOVE) - Strawberry Fields Forever - YouTube[/ame]

14. That song got me in to psychedelic music ^^ well the original anyway, the original is superior in my opinion :p Second time I got high I listened to it and suddenly I was appreciating music on about 10 more levels than I had originally ever done. The line where he goes "You know I know when it's a dream" for some reason struck this chord inside me and I was hooked to there music ever since.

15. i love that line too... "always no sometimes think its me, but you know i know when its a dream"

16. That could be argued.

17. "does anybody here, feel the way i do?"
    "mother do you think they'll drop the bomb"
    "we're just two fish swimming in a fishy bowl, year after year, what have we found, the same old fear, wish you were here"
    "i have become, comfortably numb"

18. It's just like Syd Barrett said " it sounds a bit old"

19. Beatles are good, Floyd is better. David Gilmour has got to be the greatest lead guitarist in the history of rock.:hello:

20. Not a big fan of either but ill pick the beatles