Horrible reaction to Marijuana. It's been 3 days and still not feeling normal

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Crackhead165, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Maybe bud now is stronger? Some people don't handle being SUPER high very well especially not their first time if they've never done drugs. I've seen people have a bad time their first time since they smoked too much and when they smoked again on a lighter amount and had the time of their lives.

2. I want what your smoking

3. calm down you'll be alright

4. It really does happen and it's not trolling.

But it has very little to do with the weed, and everything to do with the people. Some people get panic attacks, and some don't. I never have and can't even imagine how I would. Other people get them, and an unfamiliar chemical suddenly making them high is a great way to trigger it. Once the panic attack is started, it has nothing to do with the drug anymore. You aren't even feeling the THC at that point; instead you're feeling all the adrenaline and other hormones that your body is pumping into the bloodstream.

PS - I find it so incredibly funny that you are implying that importing weed from Mexico/etc might be safer than growing it domestically. A little backwards from the norm, eh? :D

5. #45 SiriusWolff, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
    As a constant sufferer of bad anxiety attacks i have a good amount of knowledge on them and the ones people get from smoking too much are mild and self induced.

edit: let me say i'm not saying this to be mean or belittle anyone i'm trying to point out that you CAN get over anxiety and anxiety attacks you just have to work through it.

6. It ain't the weed homey

7. 'Why do we fall Bruce?'

' So we can get back up, chill for a bit and know not to smoke such strong shit first time round'

'Exactly'

But along those lines. Trust Batmans dad.

8. lol similar experience when i first started. me and a friend packed like 6 or 7 bowls (!) and smoked for like an hour in his bathroom. then we decided to put on a movie. lol thought i wasn't feeling it till i literally got sucked into Where the Wild Things Are. the opening scene with the snowball fight made me straight up smile and fall asleep for like 3 hours hahaha

9. Woke up today feeling like shit again. Trying to calm down but I just want to go back to normal. It's been fucking 84 hours!!!

10. Maybe try modifying what you are doing during the day? or eating?

11. My days since this started have been pretty much wake up, eat a light breakfast, go on the computer all day, eat a light dinner and go back to bed. I've been drinking a shitload of water though.

What you said about anxiety attacks, it's like when I think about it they get worse, but when I occupy my mind the effects lessen. The simple answer would be to stop thinking about it, right? Well it doesn't work like that. I mean I went to bed last night with a great feeling that this was 90% over, but then when I woke up a little bit ago I had these terrible "I miss my old life" thoughts on my mind. :(

Maybe I'll try working out today...

12. I know man i have cyclical thoughts is what they call it which is where you over think everything over and over and over in your head stressin yourself out. If you can realize that those thoughts are just a symptom of something and not necessarily yours you can ignore it alot better. Keeping active and doing things to distract yourself helps alot.

13. Thanks man. It's weird though. Before I smoked I have had nothing even remotely close to what I've been experiencing. Literally zero anxiety, stress or anything like that on my mind.

14. Had a friend a long time ago that could NOT smoke weed...every time she tried she would hallucinate (not the good ones) and have a very bad time....

She had said she was allergic to it.....I assume she knew what she was talking about as she was in pharm school at UNC...Idk ....you should look into it if you want to smoke again

15. I just have a hard time believing you can truly be "high" 2 or 3 days later. No matter how potent that shit is, it usually only lasts a few hours. Yeah, sure, I've smoked a lot of green and felt different the next day. But I can't fathom being high for 2 or 3 days from marijuana. It's probably just in your head because the weed triggered a bad response for you.

16. I could be. I grew up around stoners. I mean literally every one of my family and friends either smokes weed or has at some point in their life, but my parents were never big on that. In fact, I've had family friends and cousins tell me that they always had bad experiences with it and that weed did not agree with their system. Could I be genetically destined to feel the same way? Sucks because the smokers I know seem to have a very good time when they're high.

17. Could be MIND OVER MATTER. Or it could be, you are just fucked. Only one way to find out? Try again, except start smaller, and keep reminding yourself that plenty of people smoke more weed than you, with less psychological problems. i think you also need a very good stoner body to partake in this with you, so you can see how he acts, how he feels, how it affects him, etc. then maybe you'll feel more in bounds. ya know?

18. #58 Finger My Urethra, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    Pot DOES induce psychosis and shit in a small number of people, just as pretty much any mind altering shit will.

Regardless of the potency you will feel a little bit groggy, wierd, yadda yadda for about a week after smoking, depending on your weight; If you weigh more that feeling may stick with you for longer, maybe even with a higher intensity..

Go for a run or something, get your blood pumping; Regardless of how potent the weed you shouldn't be expericing these types of symptoms; If these symptoms were normal we probably wouldn't be on a forum about the drug, right?

Maybe even go to your doctor and say i tried smoking marijuana i dunno lol

And i just read your last post, you sit on the computer all day? That doesn't sound healthy dude. Whenever you induce something mentally unhealthy you have to think of ALL the things your already doing that are unhealthy, yeah, your probably feeling like shit but from personal experience if you sit on the computer all day your going to feel like shit regardless and find something else to blame it on.

Go for a walk or something. And as i said, marijuana will have a lasting effect that may make you feel strange; Most people on here don't notice it because we're all regular smokers or don't smoke at all but if your a first timer having that feeling will def. make a difference to how you should be normally feeling.

19. If you try it again and it goes bad again it may just not be for you? some people just don't take it well who knows why, could be genetics, could be the person who knows.

20. Just calm down OP, its all in your head

Unless you smoked angel dust