Homemade oil rig?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by SmokeFuckEat561, Nov 24, 2012.

lmao you tasted 7x purified butane  :laughing:

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389938381.690300.jpg soldering iron. Super easy but I'm using a bubbler. You can just use a bottle with the bottom removed put it above the smoke though Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. [quote name="thatbongguy" post="17108425" timestamp="1359787853"]Use a hookah coal and a bottle with the bottom cut off. Dab off the coal.[/quote]Hmmm theoretically that should work just fine, have you actually tried this or are you just throwing out ideas??Sent from my cloud of smoke:)

4. [quote name="frr" post="19356403" timestamp="1389938438"][​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389938381.690300.jpgsoldering iron. Super easy but I'm using a bubbler. You can just use a bottle with the bottom removed put it above the smoke though Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Dude that's brilliant, I'm mad at myself for not thinking of that lol. What's up with the foil though? Is it meant as a screen, a reclaim catcher, a spacer between the iron and glass, what's up?Sent from my cloud of smoke:)

5. Well I have a flat head tip iron. My bowl is round though. So I just put it in so I can press the iron into it and the oil won't drip down my bowl. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390239831.770604.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. STARTING DISCLAIMER!!!!: please always use the proper personal protection equipment (e.g. goggles, gloves, closed toe shoes, face sheild ect......) use only tools you know how to safely operate, do not use steel alloyed with aluminium, chrome, and high level of zinc or nickle you assume all the reprecussions consequences and responsibility by follow these instructions or any variation there of.

I just finished a project like this for my bubbler. since it is a reverse joint and i happened to have converter so that a normal bowl style joint can be used. using my calipers i measured the diameter inside the joint where i wanted the dab "spoon" it sit. i then measured the depth that i wanted to sit at inside. starting with a piece of 3/8" steel i cut out the basic shape of a spoon and started shaping it down to the basic shape but leaving the "spoon" area i little big so when i heated it and pressed the bowl shape into it that the metal would have some stock to strech from and to compensate for some shrinkage. i found a ball from a bearing that would create the sized bowl i wanted and then something with a hole i could set up on the press that would allow the ball to pass through.  i then heated the metal, set it in the "doughnut" and using a press i pushed the ball into the steel forming a bowl letting it cool. i then finished off the shape with the grinder measured and trimmed over and over (plus some test fitting) until i had the final form. i then bent it in the locations i measured. works great fits amazingly and heats up great without much issue. i know that most dont have these tool but you can see how it might be done.

will post pictures soon

7.  i can myself say that the coal method works cheap too 10 pack for 2 bucks at the local smoke shop (might vary from place to place) 

photo 1.JPG
    i have a deep-ish bowl so i can really just drop a piece of coal down there and not have to worry about a dome. 

photo 2.JPG
    The coal was heating up my bowl to much ( i didnt want the resinated wax to fall out save them for rainy days lol)  so i had to elevate it with a screen *aluminum can i know i know i have not used one since* 

photo 3.JPG
    Grape Ape.  :smoking:

photo 4.JPG
    Balled up the dab at the end of the hair pin so there wasnt any metal-to-coal Interactions

photo 5.JPG
    Homemade attachments, broken perk , i need a new bong  <_<  <_<  <_<

8. i have a torch and i heat up a socket then put it in my bong then put the dab in the hot socket and it works dank af

9. lol

Hare Krsna :)
    IPAD
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404314182.011324.jpg

Hare Krsna :)
    IPAD

10. Mmmmm..I love the taste of chrome when dabbing..tickles the palate

11. titanium pan
    hottest stove setting
    straw

12. Buy a glass on glass joint down stem, buy a cheap Dome less quartz nail, buy a watter bottle.

Done and done!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

1. Put a steel travel mug that's seamless on the bottom a hot plate, or what you use to get it glowing...
    2. once its glowing drop the dab and the piece of metal its attached to into the cup.
    3. Quickly cap the travel mug with a plastic bottle (16-20oz) whose bottom has been cut out
    4. Simultaneously, stir the mug using its plastic handle (so as to stir the dab knocking off the inner sides of the travel mugs glowing bottom) ALL while your inhaling
    5. Slap yourself in front of a mirror until your face glows like the travel mug you just ruined

13. I have a solution although im not guaranteeing success, first make a homemade bong (or a glass one). Then make a small bucket shaped thing out of tinfoil that has a little handle type thing coming off of it. Next put wax into the bucket and drape the handle of it into your bowl piece of the bong. Make sure the aluminum foil bucket is as close to the bowl as possible then when you want to take a dab just use a lighter to heat up the bottom of the bucket. If this doesnt make sense i will add another reply tonight with a picture of the idea telling how it worked and all that. Also I dont give a fuck about the whole aluminum shit i think as long as its rare that you use aluminum i think youll be okay i dont need a homemade doctor telling me about my homemade rig