Homemade oil rig?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by SmokeFuckEat561, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Yep. Once the coal is lit it burns clean. It will act like a nail and the bottle a dome. It works great.

2. oh you sad sad amateurs hahaha

take one paperclip, make sure there is no coating or anything, then bend it straight with your fingers.

step 2. using PLIERS, and i cant stress how important a hefty pair of pliers is in this process, fold about 2 mm of the end of the paper clip back onto itself.

step 3. fold that section back onto itself, as if you were making a coil

step 4. continue in this fashion until you have a small plate measuring about 1 cm diameter

some tips here:
    you are making a coil, but the paperclip wont bend in that circular motion easily.
    try and make sure each wrap is touching the others. the more contact the better

you will end up with something that looks like the meniscus of a butterfly at the end of a stick, bend it 90* so that when holding the still-straight part of the paperclip the plate you just made is flat i.e. parallel with the ground

to use this: heat up the coil with a lighter (torches are 14385x quicker, but regualr lighters will work) until your coil is literally red hot. any less and your concentrate will melt and be wasted

put a straw/emptied pen tube/cut open bottle in your mouth, and hold the apparatus close to your face.

place the dab on coil, inhale smoke through tube, and enjoy your high!:smoke:

this is small, cheap, and will fit in your pocket until you save up to buy an oil pen. ill go take some step by step pictures

3. here's one i made in <5 minutes. its smaller than it should be and you can see the gaps you are trying to minimize

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Btw I have posted here in 2 or 3 years but when my friend invented this I knew the world had to know. it is surprisingly discreet if you don't use a torch lighter. you can toke in bathroom stalls in a bathroom filled with people as long as you take small/medium sized hits and hold them in.

Oil to all!!!

5. The hookah coal is so much simpler.

6. Hot knife that shit man

7. ^again, same concept as the hookah coal just less work.

8. The hookah coal sounds horrible.

I think the paperclip is an ok idea. Wonder what kind of toxins a paper clip gives off when heated to red hot, though. (If any)

9. So the paper clip is like a ladle. Nice!

10. Once the coal is completely lit, it burns CLEAN. paperclips are oxidized and release a lot of harmful chemicals. No wonder you all are beginner tokers.

11. bob I've tried the hookah coal method and it is very wasteful compared to the paper clip method.

But yes, before you use the paper clip please torch the thing two or three times to remove any toxins that might be released. While this is not an ideal setup, it is more efficient than putting it in a bowl with green (which works pretty sell anyway). The hits are harsher than if you used a proper Ti nail, but it is a considerably cheaper alternative until you can save up for a rig. (please save up for a rig, this shit cannot be healthy)

this is more of an alternative to a vaporizer pen because it's on-the-go.

on an unrelated note, why are people here paying >$60 for a nail?!?! My local headshop has fully adjustable universal Ti nails for $30, and knowing the owner he's still making considerable profit. so go to your local shop and bargain friends!

12. Bc the nails they have are prob fake ass t1 or theyre just t2 plated. And the hookah coal is not wasteful if done right. But i dont care because I have a rig..so w.e. lol

13. I recently made a rig from an old SSV bong attachment, paperclips wrapping its base to securing it to the attachment, then meeeting underneath its pertrsuion, and a metal lever/button that i took from the mechanical part of an old binder! Worked the mechanical so it fits right with the paperclips and then you just heat the metal binder clip like a pad or something and works beautifully. Things been going strong for a month! :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Do NOT use a paperclip as your nail or any cheap ass metal heated that hot. Also, try using a lightbulb for your dome instead of that plastic bottle. Walk through the isle of home depot or lowes and you'll find something worth using.

Also, people think it's ok to heat stainless steel; and usually it is... to a point; at least as a dabber. Though most stainless tools are only stainless plated or some alloy; and after it's been heated a few times the finish is gone. Unsafe, not worth saving a few bucks... stop buying weed for a few days or a week and think of your health.

15. #35 AfganiKush, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    Alright guys, no need to buy a rig if your super ghetto. Just buy some real glass parts and your set. You could even skip the glass mouth piece. Just no plastic stems/parts near heat please!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFwqPBDC6KQ[/ame]
    -not mine btw...

16. Took my idea before my lazy ass could go get the jar

17. #37 AfganiKush, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013

Im sorry but there is a lot of misinformation in that post. First off: ALL canned butane has some additives of some sort...they need to add chemicals to canned butane so you can smell it leaking --> Mercaptins. They also have propane in all canned butanes. I think its used as a propellant. You say your 7X is pure and has no smell...spray some tane right now and smell it before it purges off, it will smell of something, and that something is added chemicals to give it odor. 7X, 5X, 3X they all dont mean SHIT, Its mostly just a marketing scheme among companies to push the same butane for a higher price. Its not how many times refined it was, its what kind of additives they have. Again not if, but what kind of additional ingredients are in your tane. Pure butane can only be bought from chem suppliers who would deliver it to you in a large tank. Even then, pure N-butane extracts taste of varmint asshole. Something about the additional chemicals in canned butane pulls out terpenes or something. A lot of speculation is that propane is this mystery ingredient, and some extraction artists have even begun mixing pure n butane and propane to create their solvent.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ok check this one its easy.and you will likely have all the materials. Personal invention of mine. Get a drinking glass (thinnest glass possible) , put glad wrap over the opening of the cup folding it over the edges. Use an elastic band to fix glad wrap in place. Make it tight for the next step. Ok now stab a straw through the cling wrap ensuring a snug.fit. now stab another hole as a carb and also to pack ure stuff. PLEASE ENSURE SECOND HOLE IS ABOUT 1/2~3/4 OF THE SIZE OF THE FIRST TO ENSURE PRESSURE. Now just enjoy!!!! Pack. Heat. Roll

19. #39 🍁420kush🍁, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388309698.803799.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388309709.147587.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388309716.481343.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388309727.389660.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388310142.217557.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388310154.948849.jpg

20. #40 🍁420kush🍁, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    1.Go to walgrees or any store with medicine department and get a a glass medicine dropper for 3$ and pull the rubber part off 2.buy glass screen on amazon or wherever 3$ that will be used as the nail 3 stick screen into glass dropper hole where the rubber was at amd stick it into your bowl 4. Get a torch lighter amd torch the dcreen until it gets red then dab it Nd smoke it with .lSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1