Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Which prominent strain were you most disappointed by?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Capnfalconpunch, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Wish i had a legit answer. No medical for I:(

2. I had a similar experience to the OP with Purple Kush. I took six or seven righteous hits, coughed my lungs out, spent half an hour high as fuck and then I just felt like I had gone a day without sleeping and passed out on my friend's couch. Sour Diesel was disappointing too, it always makes me paranoid but never high.

3. Bluedream, Kinda not as potent and overwhelming as i expected.

4. Pretty bad thread. You can't dis a thread cuz you had one bad experience. Purple Kush? GDP?! Lol sorry to say you guys got a bad batch

5. Wwwoooowww lotsa blue dream haters, guess I got a good batch? tasted like pie and sent me sky high :)

I mean, I had white window a year or two ago after hearing about it CONSTANTLY and it was meh, but then I got a g in amsterdam and WOOOSSSHH back to the top of the charts. s'pose it really depends on where it's from...

6. super silver haze

7. bubba kush did in the past

8. I've bought medical LA Confidential twice and for all the rave I heard about it not only did I not think it wasn't great, but I really disliked it and most good mids I've had were quite a bit better.

9. I grew Mazar a couple of times. Didn't care for it at all.

I personally have grown White Widow, White Russian and have smoked some blue dream from another grower and I liked them all, very much.

The differences we see in the thread probably has more to do with where the seeds came from and how it was grown as opposed to the "general" strain itself.

I've grown White Widow from a couple of different seedbanks and can tell the difference. The White Russian I grew was actually too damn strong for my tastes.

10. I notice a lot of people are mentioning heavy sativas, which makes me think they might not be smoking a good example of the strain, probably flowered for 2/3s the time it actually needs. So, yeah.

Ive had chemdawg batches that are embarrassing tothe genetics to even witness. And other amazing batches. Fuck lazy growers

11. it smells so good, but it never got me off :confused: though i did have some sour jack at one time :smoking:

12. #32 NoelG, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    i think mine was super silver haze...lol i posted 2 years ago 5 spots above, at least i rememberedededededdd right

13. Granddaddy Puple. Big disappointment. The smell and flavor is incredible, but the high was just so weak. No head effects and a minute body buzz. I want to like this strain, but its too weak. I've had it more than once and each time it was the same.

14. Bubba Kush just didn't get me stoned, real bummed about that. Maybe a t-break is due

15. Green Crack. Had a guy give me a dub bag of it in turn for giving him some fish and some bait and tips while we were fishin' nearby each other. The taste was great, but the high.. The roof of the buzz was too low for me.

16. idk what kinda blue dream you people smoked but that stuff can be a mindblower.

17. Green Crack. Nuff said.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. blue dream

gsc

19. Hate to say it but pretty much every single Kush from every 'broker' in Las Vegas...I have been sold Citrus, Master, Bubba, Blackberry and Kandy Kush. So far the Kandy Kush is the only thing that actually didn't have me checking my joint to make sure there was actually pot in it...really really lame but this whole thread kinda points out three things that makes the thread worthless aside from entertainment value:
    1. Everyone wants/needs something different (body high vs head), in different mixes (pure strain vs hybrid). This is just biology at work here. For example, I see alot of folks complaining about Sour Deisel...this is my go-to strain and works fantastic for everything I need. This is over a lot of time and different sources. I have no doubt that it didn't do shit for you; Green Crack and frankly most of the OGs don't do shit for me no matter the price.
    2. We are at the stage where many dispensaries are pot dealers gone legit-ish and the modus operandi for these guys we have all known for years is the name shit whatever he thinks will get him the best price. Trust but verify which is where lab testing at least helps (and why these guys won't do it). Thus unless you grew it yourself you really don't even know for certain which strain you are complaining about.
    3. Plants like all of natures things are chaotic and the potency, taste, appearance will vary from plant to plant in the same strain so just labelling Blue Dream for example as lame doesn't mean much when the next plant over probably would have gotten you plowed.

One other point is region. The Blue Dream might be excellent and true in one area (say LA) and fake dried up crap in Vegas (or where ever)...what would be cool is something more regional so if someone says Blue Dream sucks, at least you know its the same Blue Dream you might get from a local dispensary...

20. I've seen several people say they were disappointed by Sour Diesel and Blue Dream. I, however, have had the opposite result with these two. I have some Sour D right now that is outstanding. The Blue Dream I had was probably 1 1/2 years ago, but it was great too. But, as I heard someone say once, unless you're getting it from a grower or from a dispensary, names are usually bullshit. I'm pretty confident that the Sour D is legit. The Blue Dream, I'm about 50/50. Anyway, whatever they really are/were, these two didn't disappoint.

But, one that was kind of a letdown was Black Cherry Soda. It was pretty and purple, but a little on the weak side.