Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Pax Questions

• Please log in to reply

greenleaves23

greenleaves23

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi All,

Considering the Pax and have a few questions. Hoping you can help?

1. Does anyone have any experience with the heat from the pax? Does it hurt your throat or gums at all?

2. Has anyone tried to mod the pax to attach to a water pipe?

3. Had a really bad experience with thermovape customer service. Has anyone had experience with Ploom customer service?

Thanks!
GL

Similar Topics: Pax Questions     x

john0connor

john0connor

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
1. heat: the vapor is never hot in my experience, but i only use the low temp setting until the bud is completely cashed.

2. I can't see a reason to attach a bong/bubbler to the pax, the vape is already extremely smooth and delicious, so there is no reason to filter it.

3. i wonder about the warranty service myself, but from what little i've herd ploom is really good about customer service.

supersm0ke

supersm0ke

• Registered Upgraded
  • 170 posts

Hi All,

Considering the Pax and have a few questions. Hoping you can help?

1. Does anyone have any experience with the heat from the pax? Does it hurt your throat or gums at all?

2. Has anyone tried to mod the pax to attach to a water pipe?

3. Had a really bad experience with thermovape customer service. Has anyone had experience with Ploom customer service?

Thanks!
GL

2. yes someone has, on the f-combustion forums someone posted a pic of their setup. again you can imagine it's a bit of a hassle to do, but doable yes.

fluge

fluge

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 123 posts

Edited by fluge, 19 November 2012 - 06:30 PM.

john0connor

john0connor

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
not to beat a dead horse(because it's been covered in other threads), but if you fill up the oven all the way, the pax should never get hot enough to burn your lips, just saying ;)

I don't know if this helps, but i find finely ground bud packed tight works best on the low(yellow) setting, and a more coarse blend or whole little buds works best on the medium(orange), but especially high(red) setting.

all depends on the bud your smoking too...

fluge

fluge

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 123 posts

greenleaves23

greenleaves23

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Super helpful!! Thanks all very much!

Regards,
GL

greenleaves23

greenleaves23

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Actually I do have one more question - do you burn your lips on the vapor that comes out? Or on the plastic/metal? I guess I'm confused as to what could burn with the device...I had thought the heat would hurt the inside of your mouth/throat - not lips...

Thank you!
GL

fluge

fluge

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 123 posts

Komatic

Komatic

• Registered Upgraded
  • 892 posts

I ordered my Pax directly from Ploom. I contacted them once when I ordered my unit for an update on it's shipping status and they returned my inquiry in less than 24 hours. Only time I have conversed with them but was a good experience.

Does you pax have any heating issues?
Mine usually takes a while to first start up after a charge. Like a long time.

- Komatic

greenleaves23

greenleaves23

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the clarification fluge-

fluge

fluge

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 123 posts