Burping uncontrollably after too big of a hit?

• by Zach375
  • Nov 17 2012 06:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • Zach375
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

First off, I'm new. My name is Zach. Hi :D anyways, I've been smoking for about 10 months 4-5 times a week and lately I have chosen joints over bowls/bongs. Whenever I take my first hit off a joint and inhale, I start burping uncontrollably to the point where I think I'm going to throw up. It takes about 20-30 seconds to pass and during that time I'm really scared. Afterwards, I have to take little baby hits so it doesn't happen again, or French inhale which usually doesn't make me burp a lot. This never used to happen and now even when I hit my friend's bong it happens. What can I do to solve this? Everybody gets really scared for me because they think I'm going to pass out or something. Can someone give me some incite?
Replies (4)

• PLUR

• PostPavilion
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Don't suck it into your mouth and swallow it... inhale that shit, use your lungs.

• ----

• 9D3
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

You just need to pay more attention to how you're inhaling - I've thrown up from smoking twice, and both times it was because I tried to take too big of a hit, tensed up, and swallowed some smoke. Coughing turned in to burping which turned in to throwing up.

So yeah, just try inhaling differently - don't do anything fancy, just pay attention to how the smoke "feels" as you're inhaling it.

I have a feeling that you can burp on command, burp the alphabet, that kind of stuff. Am I right?

(not a random question, I'm going somewhere with this)

• brlegend
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 645 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Yea sounds like you swallowed some smoke. When I was a rookie it would happen to me all the time if I took a big hit. Better learn how to avoid it because I find that swallowing smoke is the biggest cause of a green out. Burping it out is better then puking it out though.

• PipPip
  • Zach375
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

You just need to pay more attention to how you're inhaling - I've thrown up from smoking twice, and both times it was because I tried to take too big of a hit, tensed up, and swallowed some smoke. Coughing turned in to burping which turned in to throwing up.

So yeah, just try inhaling differently - don't do anything fancy, just pay attention to how the smoke "feels" as you're inhaling it.

I have a feeling that you can burp on command, burp the alphabet, that kind of stuff. Am I right?

(not a random question, I'm going somewhere with this)

Nah I can't burp on command lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users