Burping uncontrollably after too big of a hit?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Zach375, Nov 17, 2012.

1. First off, I'm new. My name is Zach. Hi :D anyways, I've been smoking for about 10 months 4-5 times a week and lately I have chosen joints over bowls/bongs. Whenever I take my first hit off a joint and inhale, I start burping uncontrollably to the point where I think I'm going to throw up. It takes about 20-30 seconds to pass and during that time I'm really scared. Afterwards, I have to take little baby hits so it doesn't happen again, or French inhale which usually doesn't make me burp a lot. This never used to happen and now even when I hit my friend's bong it happens. What can I do to solve this? Everybody gets really scared for me because they think I'm going to pass out or something. Can someone give me some incite?

2. Don't suck it into your mouth and swallow it... inhale that shit, use your lungs.

3. You just need to pay more attention to how you're inhaling - I've thrown up from smoking twice, and both times it was because I tried to take too big of a hit, tensed up, and swallowed some smoke. Coughing turned in to burping which turned in to throwing up.

So yeah, just try inhaling differently - don't do anything fancy, just pay attention to how the smoke "feels" as you're inhaling it.

I have a feeling that you can burp on command, burp the alphabet, that kind of stuff. Am I right?

(not a random question, I'm going somewhere with this)

4. Yea sounds like you swallowed some smoke. When I was a rookie it would happen to me all the time if I took a big hit. Better learn how to avoid it because I find that swallowing smoke is the biggest cause of a green out. Burping it out is better then puking it out though.

5. Nah I can't burp on command lol.