Whose vs. Who's

Discussion in 'General' started by Hello there!, Nov 15, 2012.

1. #1 Hello there!, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
    Just a little education for those of you who may be a little confused, whether or not you are aware of it. :smoke:

Who's: A contraction of 'who is'
    Ex. Who's a grammar nazi?

Whose: A possessive form of whom.
    Ex: Whose fault was it I became a grammar nazi?

A sentence using both: Who's sure whose briefcase it is?

It's similar to their vs. they're, and its vs. it's respectively.

Knowledge is power.

2. It is it's not ut's

3. Who's able to see the irony here? :cool:

4. After spending so much time in Whoville, 'whose' does not seem like a real word any more. :hippie:

5. [quote name='"Speak Easy"']It is it's not ut's[/quote]

Idk what you're talking about :p

6. Now I know what the other guy did. Slick :smoking:

7. Yer a good man, Tony! (notice how I avoided using "you're")

Now get on them about how "Were loosing our patients with bad english."

or

The breaks on my truck are shot.

8. Who's sure that this Indiana Hoosiers basketball program is really his? It's not his? Then it's whose-yours?

Who's sure=Hoosier
    Hoosiers=Who's sure (nearly)
    and finally, whose-yours is a play on Hoosiers.

For the simpletons out there :cool:.

9. Kind of like the guy who kept spelling bored as *board* recently...

10. lmao, sounds like he could work on his......

:cool:

spilling.

11. Wow this is so fuckin weed-tod-it ;)

12. [quote name='"Fizzly"']Yer a good man, Tony! (notice how I avoided using "you're")

Now get on them about how "Were loosing our patients with bad english."

or

The breaks on my truck are shot.[/quote]

You have no idea how badly I wish I could teach people their own language when they should already be proficient in it.

So. Fucking. Badly.

13. I wood hayte 2 poynt owt ur inkompleet sintenses, butt...

:cool:

But seriously man, jp. 5 star thread, I definitely see where you're coming from :cool:.

14. Amen.

15. Lol. I bet everyone is double checking their post before submitting. No one would want to get schooled by Tony.

16. Agree totally.

It's frustrating because I often have to read something several times before it makes any sense. Back up, re-read, WTF? :mad: Sometimes I just give up and move on.

Another thing: I don't give a shit how intelligent someone may actually be, if they're barely literate THEY APPEAR TO BE STUPID.

17. It is also slightly annoying when people mix up whether/weather.

18. [quote name='"ALTER EG0"']Lol. I bet everyone is double checking their post before submitting. No one would want to get schooled by Tony.[/quote]

Hahaha I usually let things slide. No worries blades, just posting some useful information :smoke:

[quote name='"Fizzly"']
    Agree totally.

It's frustrating because I often have to read something several times before it makes any sense. Back up, re-read, WTF? :mad: Sometimes I just give up and move on.

Another thing: I don't give a shit how intelligent someone may actually be, if they're barely literate THEY APPEAR TO BE STUPID.[/quote]

I have this one friend who is brilliant, I have the best discussions with him. He's like a fucking sponge. But he is AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL at spelling, punctuation, and grammar in general. It's nearly impossible to follow what he's saying. I'm talking 2nd grader level.

I asked him once if he wanted help with it. He said no, he would learn it in his own time. "Plus, half of it I do on purpose just to annoy people."

View attachment 1030607

19. Accept vs. Except.
    They are two different words and are not interchangeable.

20. How about, What strand of weed is this? [strain]