Help me prove to myGrandma that weed isn't bad for your lungs.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by grass man420, Nov 14, 2012.

1. I got this message on facebook today after trying not to ever post anything about weed on there,however with weed being legalized in the 2 states my joy overpowers my judgement. i have been posting tons of articles on it and stuff lol.

"You will find some interesting articles written by medical professionals on lung damage that can be caused by smoking marijuana! I suspect that down the road there will be a similar ban to this toxic inhalation as there is now to tobacco. Be careful my special boy,
    Love from your grandma xo"

i just want to inform her how it really is without being rude. i was gonna say like i know you grew up when the propaganda was strong but that's not true. lol but i probably won't.
    Also, i figure some of you will get a kick out of this.
    maybe i'll just go look at granny storm crows links.:smoking::smoking:

2. Even though it's nowhere near as close as tobacco, inhaling smoke is still bad for you.
    Next time you take a hit put a paper towel over your mouth and exhale and it will turn brown

3. Using a combustion method to heat dried plant matter and inhaling it is certainly not good for your respiratory system.

4. Tell he whats up while still remaining respectful. Put her in her place, I don't take that propaganda shit from anyone. I'll fight over it hahaha.

5. yea lol. i know that smoking anything isn't good for you.

6. grandma thinks there's a ban on tobacco? lol... where does she live?

7. I dont know the name of the study but they've already prooven that natural cannabis has compounds that both cause harm and cancel it out at the very same time.Someone please get granny on these people so we can help eachother learn.

8. Vaporizing or edibles.

9. Tell your granny to talk to granny.

10. Just tell her YOLO. I'm sure she'll understand.

11. #11 JakeMader, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
    Tell her you respect her opinion, but there's other ways of consumption that don't affect your lungs at all (edibles, vaporizing, etc). I know some dispensaries that even sell weed chapstick that can get you high. Educate her nicely, and if she doesn't agree don't force your opinion down her throat.
    And also, since she asked you to look at one of her websites, it would only be fair for you to ask her to watch one of your websites. Get her to watch this:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRTWIcqc9c]Smoking marijuana does not harm lungs: study says - YouTube[/ame]

Edit: I'm only suggesting you be so respectful because, well, she's your grandma! lol, I could never imagine being disrespectful to my granny. However, if it were someone else besides my grandparents and parents, I wouldn't be as soft when expressing my opinions about weed. Just saying :p

12. I would make her a firecracker,,then her lungs won't even figure in.

2 Saltine crackers,spread both with a thin layer of peanut butter(the oilier brands work best)crumble into dust 1/2 gram of marijuana onto one cracker then place other cracker on it so that the pot is completely inside the peanut butter,place in baggie and microwave in three 10 second cycles,,allow to cool and give her a glass of milk

13. [quote name='"claygooding"']I would make her a firecracker,,then her lungs won't even figure in.

2 Saltine crackers,spread both with a thin layer of peanut butter(the oilier brands work best)crumble into dust 1/2 gram of marijuana onto one cracker then place other cracker on it so that the pot is completely inside the peanut butter,place in baggie and microwave in three 10 second cycles,,allow to cool and give her a glass of milk[/quote]

You're suggesting he should drug his gramma? Are you kidding me? Lmfao.

OP: forwards her granny's list. Just Google it, or search the forums for it.

14. ^^where did you come up with that? I said nothing about not telling her the pot was in the firecracker,,it was a suggestion to get past having to prove to his grandmother that smoking marijuana is not that harmful to the lungs,,her reading and understanding all those studies well enough to believe the facts may take more time than she has left..if she ever understands them at all.

15. Tell her to go ask a doctor if anybody in medical history has died from cannabis use. Then give her a copy of DR Grinspoon's book.

16. First off, you could have clicked that first link in my sig, and done this all yourself, but here you make poor old "Granny Storm Crow" do all the work!

Websites are "nice", but how about what PubMed says? It is where most doctors get their info! Let's start with an oldie-

Physical assessment of 30 chronic cannabis users and 30 matched controls.
    (abst – 1976) Physical assessment of 30 chronic cannabis ... [Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1976] - PubMed - NCBI

And while some scientists were busy smothering with pot smoke monkeys to "prove" that cannabis damages brains, some were actually looking at the facts!

No increase in carcinogen-DNA adducts in the lungs of monkeys exposed chronically to marijuana smoke. (abst – 1992) No increase in carcinogen-DNA adducts in the lu... [Toxicol Lett. 1992] - PubMed - NCBI

Effects of cannabis on lung function: a population-based cohort study. (full - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Effects of cannabis on lung function: a population-based cohort study

And some of the latest news articles on the subject-

[/FONT] Marijuana Smoke Not as Damaging as Tobacco, Says Study (news - 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Smoke Not as Damaging as Tobacco, Says Study - Yahoo! News[/FONT]

Pot smokers don't puff away lung health: study (news – 2012)
    Pot smokers don't puff away lung health: study | Reuters

Science Says: Lungs Love Weed (news – 2012) Science Says: Lungs Love Weed

And this last WebMD article, although it has an "unfortunate" title, when you crunch their numbers, it shows how little damage cannabis actually does (yes, smoking ANYTHING, even pot, is not good for the lungs).

Smoking Pot, Cigarettes Ups COPD Risk (news - 2009)
    [FONT=&quot]Smoking Pot, Cigarettes Ups COPD Risk[/FONT]

"When COPD was clinically confirmed though a diagnostic method known as spirometric testing:
    • The incidence of COPD among participants who smoked cigarettes alone was 2.7 times higher than among nonsmokers.
    • The incidence of COPD was 2.9 times higher among participants with a history of smoking both cigarettes and pot, even after controlling for other risk factors for the pulmonary disease.
    • COPD risk among people who smoked marijuana, but not tobacco, was slightly higher than among nonsmokers, but the increase was not statistically significant."

Tobacco damage is a 2.7 risk increase. Tobacco + pot damage is a 2.9 risk increase. Subtract to find the amount of risk that cannabis causes!

2.9 - 2.7 = 0.2 increase of risk attributable to cannabis! Not exactly up there with tobacco! :cool:

And after your granny gets over her shock, you may wish to send her these little gems! :rolleyes:

Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis (news - 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis - Yahoo! News India[/FONT]

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Science: Treatment of Crohn's disease with cannabis: an observational study
    (news – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]International Association for Cannabis as Medicine[/FONT]

One in 8 with fibromyalgia uses cannabis as medicine (news – 2012) (so just why would 1 in 8 "normal" women risk jail to use a herbal medicine?)

[FONT=&quot]One in 8 with fibromyalgia uses cannabis as medicine | Reuters[/FONT]

Now see that email at the bottom of my sig? You guys need to send me an email and get your own copy of the 2012 List! Do your own research! Then you can think about all the ailments your Granny (or Mom) has and show her how cannabis can help her! :yay:

Granny :wave:

17. Granny rules....

18. DANG RIGHT! lol

19. #19 claygooding, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012

Historically speaking,,grandchildren have always worked their grandparents to death,,,the cost of being family is tedious snd rewarding at the same time.:wave:

PS:come to the couch sometime here,where you can share knowledge with some of the most active advocates I have met,,and many are fans of your lists.