Massachusetts MMJ law

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by TheKushLife, Nov 12, 2012.

1. If the industry becomes like how it is in places like LA... then there will be problems. Im not even from Cali and i was able to get a med card when i was on vacation there on the first day i landed.

I wasnt even planning to get a card... walked by a doctor place and they practically tried dragging me in even after i told them im not from cali they told me it didnt matter.. and hey presto, i got a card just like that.

A lot of the dispensaries turned a blind eye to the fact i didnt have Cali ID.. they accepted my passport. Im not complaining though id rather it be that way.

I really dont think theres a way to fully control it. I think the government should just shut the fuck up and make it legal everywhere because clearly no matter what they do people are always going to find a way to get it.

Part of me believes they get large payments from cartels to keep quiet and help influence to keep it illegal in order for them to remain in business.

I just dont understand the logic... its either u want ur people to have weed or u dont.. why do so many cities go half way? Like in Dubai, theres a 0 tolerance policy. No one out there blazes weed. If u find someone its VERY VERY rare and dangerous. In england, u get warning ur first time (if the cop is nice) then u get sent to prison if ur caught again. Its either u let ur people have it or u dont.. what is this bullshit of criminally charging people over weed when ur not even putting out laws to have 0 tolerance over it?

I also think they get money from incarcerating and arresting people, and what better way than through something almost everyone does.

2. I heard that CannaMed was coming to MA but didnt know they were already here. Are there other locations as well? What about dispensaries? Are there any locations set up or mentioned???

3. You are right. The govt themselves sell to cartels and gangs when they confiscate the drugs. They have been caught before. They also get money from lobbyists who own the prisons because those people can have prisoners work at a rate of about 25 cents an hour to make products or do labor tasks and the fat cat sits back and rolls in the dough.

4. I heard they were a cali based company but in mass they were only going to write scripts. In California do they own dispensaries or do they only do the scripts?

Anyone know how the dispensaries are going to obtain their trees? Do they have to grow their own or are they going to be buying from people?

5. Bump..I would also like to know when the first dispensary will open, hopefully in Framingham.

I think it is a rip off paying $199 for your medical license when you can just go see your primary doctor, psychologist, neurologist, or whichever doctor you are seeking help from, then have him or her recommend you the medicine for the price of a regular visit which for me is like $25 copay.

-Rev612

6. Unfortunately, some doctors, like mine, are not going to prescribe cannibis for their patients because they are old school. Even some of the young docs are against it too. I take pain meds that dont really help much and I KNOW I cannot ask this doc for a pot script!!! I also get severe migraines... one neurologist I had, who has since left, was okay with it, but now I am seeing the pain management people for shots in my head and when I mentioned pot, they got all bent out of shape about it! And this was a young doc. Under those conditions, you need people like CannaMed. Unfortunately :(

7. There are many doctors that aren't against medicinal marijuana. If you ask around you can probably find a doctor that would be willing to write you a prescription.

8. Who in MA has gotten a doctor recommendation yet?

9. I would highly advise against going to any CannaMed location if possible, or at least please do some serious research and make sure you set up assurances...

I did some digging into their practices, and I found some serious felony complaints on one of their doctors, Peter Ruben Shrier, MD BIO, and four other employees of CannaMed.

Doctor Shrier and his four associates have felony complaints for Grand Theft and for Presenting False Medi-Cal Claims in the State of California.

I just want people to see this information and be aware of this. I can't say it's all 100% true, or that it's factual in any possible way, but provided are the URL's to the information and document about the Felony Complaint.

Also if anybody has any information to share on this topic, please do.

http://www.cannamed.com/

http://www.cannamed.com/blog/about-cannamed/medical-marijuana-doctors/peter-ruben-shrier-md-bio

http://oag.ca.gov/system/files/attachments/press_releases/n1527_complnt_1.pdf

And beyond that information, I am currently pushing to get a written recommendation. I was going to travel to Boston today actually, but after I found that out, forget it. I was hopping MediCann would have an office here in Mass, but unfortunately not yet. I'm calling every doctor in my area. :|

10. I know someone who has......

I've been to cannamed. Kinda 'shady', not too bad.

11. When you got alot of pain issues, you cant just go jumping around to different doctors. Files need to be transferred and you have to start a whole new relationship all over again. Its just not that simple. Its easier to leave everything as it is and just pay the money until it becomes more common place. Thats what I am going to do anyway. My orthopedic doc would throw me out on my ass if he knew I saw a chiropractor! Never mind smoking pot! Hell, the chiropractor dont take asprin!!! WTF? Its just easier for me this way. No one get their feelings hurt and nothing gets screwed up as far as my medical records are concerned. Im good!

12. It's amazing how little has changed in the last two+ years.  Regular PCP doctors still not prescribing (seems to be legal fears from what I have seen).  Dispensaries still not open, maybe one in August 2015 (but new rules may help with that).  No clear, legal means for patients to get mmj if they don't want to grow their own.  

At this rate, the legislation before the MA government or a 2016 ballot initiative may make MMJ a moot point before it even really gets going.

Make your voice heard:
    https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=3111
    http://www.mass.gov/governor/constituent-services/contact-governor-office/ (You can use the sample text from the first link as your comment or use your own words.)

13. Also Bill Delahunt got the licenses for half the dispensaries in the state. Conflict of interest much? Hopefully he can't hold up recreational legalization because of how much money he's going to be pulling in from medical...