Massachusetts MMJ law

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by TheKushLife, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Question 3 just passed a few days ago, wondering (1) who else out there is ripping Bay State, (2) what people are thinking about it, and (3) what you think the future of MJ in strictly MA will be like; whether it will work out really well and full legalization will be pushed earlier than expected, whether law enforcement will be a tough cookie to crumble as MA writes the rules and regulations of our dear new system, etc. just trying to have a conversation about the passing of Question 3, which surprisingly I haven't gotten to do yet.

2. I think it's marvelous. Now I'm a legal grower in RI, but with Mass on board that means all the New England states are now medicinal. That's a pretty strong unity of 6 states all together in one area. This will lead to legalization of marijuana in this area sooner than later, I think

3. i am very happy with it. the guidelines are very strict however and one should not mess around if they get there card. and yes all of new england is medicinal. more time and the legalize it.

4. I have three friends with MS, two being brothers (and their father has MS as well). I have been asked by my closest of friends to be his caregiver.

The law states you can have no more than 24 plants (including seedlings) & 4 ounces of cured bud as a caregiver. And all medicine must be provided to said patient. The garden must be locked and marked.

I am extremely excited to start growing legally in just several months. I expect him to get a card by May-June???

5. I was happy to see the law passed. At the current rate I wouldn't doubt we would see something similar to the Colorado Law in 4 years, maybe 2. We got the decriminalization of under an O a few years ago which was big and now the medicinal is even bigger. I turn 21 next year and I will definitely be getting my prescription if I can.

6. I can almost imagine a trade union between all the states or something like that could come up since 6 are medicinal states. Would be even better if new york joined us, though

7. I was actually having similar thoughts about the trade union. Could be a very useful and powerful union especially to the whole legalization movement.

However I do wish it was in the law for it to be prescribed/recommended for psychiatric conditions such as depression, anxiety, etc. Other than that I am extremely happy with the new law. Read the whole text of the bill online a month or two back, in my opinion, very well put together.

8. It says right in the bill that a doctor may write up a prescription for what he sees as a condition that could treat depression and anxiety and the like. As a matter of fact im pretty sure that in California you can get a prescription for anxiety

9. I could see it being legal In a few years, but I bet sooner than later there's going to be people trying to make MMJ illegal again in MA.

10. My state New Hampshire is not medicinal my friend :(

11. Whoops :(

12. That's the only thing about NH, they have pretty strict laws about marijuana, if I remember right. Everything else about that state kick's MA's ass though. I love visiting NH.

13. #13 Deleted member 197774, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    Yes it was all because of Gov. John Lynch but now he will be gone on Jan 2, 2013 and new Governor Margaret Wood Hassan may be marijuana friendly I heard and might *MIGHT* be looking to change things in NH, which would be great.

14. yah im from mass and go to school in nh and the mj laws here are a real bummer. Im pretty sure that lynch said he didnt care how far the bill made it he was going to veto it no matter what because he doesnt believe in mmj. I am so excited about massachusetts though, assuming its not only for cancer patients i will probably get a card, weed helps me with multiple things on a daily basis.

15. im exited n hope 4 full legalizatoin in new england

16. Im just hoping that people follow the law enough so that it doesnt become re-criminalized in the next election. I also am a little uneasy with just how many people are assuming they can just go to a doctor and say "my toe hurts" or "i have glaucoma" and just get a rec. card. I mean its a given that people will do that, and it may not affect the law and its effectiveness, but its unsettling how people want to take advantage of it already. I am just happy that the people that truly need it for medical purposes FINALLY fucking have access.

17. I think it's great. I have many family members and friends who rely on mmj to feel better. it's awesome to know that their lives will be that much nicer with the new laws.

18. Is NH medical I didn't think it Washington

19. Anyone know of any MDs that have or plan on prescribing Cannabis?
    Feel free to PM for privacy concerns.
    Its open-enrolment time and I need to pick a new Primary Care Doctor.
    I have a legit reason for the prescription. (neuropathy)

20. CannaMed in Framingham will be writing scripts in January. Presently, they are only booking appointments. One of my friends has an appointment, made a few days ago, for mid January.