BioDiesel Mass / Berry Ryder 400W Tent Grow - X-MAS BUD

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by albertahigh, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Are you planning to harvest on Christmas ?

2. I think it will actually be more of a New Years harvest, maybe even later, but we will see. Somewhere around there anyway.

Not getting that update today guys, sorry for the let down. :rolleyes: Not much time for it tonight but I will do it tomorrow for sure. I got in the tent today and re-worked the exhaust and lights a bit. The hood is now @ 12" from the girls. I also have a temporary thermo/hygro in there. Plant level is holding @ around 74 degree's, and the tent is @ 33% RH. Temps seem good but I am thinking I should be getting that RH up higher, suggestions?? I am also toying with the idea of bringing the light cycle down to 20/4. Any input on that? Other than that I am going to try to get the order in for some stuff in the next day or so, and get those pictures up tomorrow. Till then .. :smoking:

3. i wish i could get some autos :( the agonizing wait is less!

4. #44 Chronicgrowbox, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    What's up Alberta! Your rocking the temperature. It's in the optimal growing range. No higher than 85 and no lower than 65. We'd be pushing that temp to get some of that purp out. lol. I just watched a video from Green /house Seeds company, and they grew an autoflower with 60-70% humidity at the start of the flowering stage and slowely reducing it as the plant gets older. check this out. Arjan's Ultra Haze 2 Grow Video 2011 HD

As for your lighting situation, stay 24hrs until you see sex pistols, (not the band)Then make the switch. you wont hurt it by having 24hrs when seedling. since your running HID lighting, your plants may finish quicker and show sex quicker than mine anyway. This is what I did, no problems here. That 4 hour time period gives you a chance to water, foliar spray, or what have you without the risk of burning your plant. On the other hand, I'm not sure of your BioDiesel Mass, some strains like 12/12 like the ulltra lemon haze, some like 24 hours of light like my Auto#1.

5. The plant in that ghs vid,grows just like my crylog..only mine finishes alot faster...and mine smells more like diesel,instead of mango...
    Great info tho...ghs has a good chemdog vid too...

6. Really the reason why I love auto's so much. I see grows that last a ridiculous amount of time and cant imagine having the patience. You look at some of those long flowering sativa's and you could sow and finish an auto just in the time it takes to flower the reg. But there is obvious advantages to having that patience.

Thx chronic. The temps are still @ 75 give or take a degree. The set-up with my fan and hood work perfect for what I need. I'd say I could get to about 6" and still be low 80's. And ya I watched that vid, that plant is a monster. Would love to grow something like that someday. That can't be an auto tho is it?? I will probably do like you suggest and drop the lights a bit when the girls start showing. I will also be switching my MH to my HPS right around that time too.

I dont think I've ever smoked or smelt diesel. What is it like guys?

Oh ya P.S., I am gonna throw a couple of pics up here in a second, not much but there isn't as much change as I would like either. Fuck I wish I could just stay home all day and work on my plants.

7. Ok, well here are the pics I promised. I don't know if they are just slowing a bit, or it may be the fact that I am staying on top of these plants more than I normally would. A watched pot .. doesn't grow. :p Not sure if my Berry Ryder is looking right. Seems to be a bit wrinkly. Temps are @ 75 plus or minus a degree, humidity was @ 30% when I got home so I decided to bring in my humidifier to bump that up a bit. I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong or not. If anything I am not watering enough, but I have over watered like every rookie in the past so I am trying to avoid that this time. Anyway here are the pics, hopefully next update there is more progress. Let me know if anyone has any ideas for things I could be doing better. Thanks for stopping by blades. :wave:

Sister Day 9 (BR on the left, BDM on the right)
    [​IMG]

BioDiesel Mass Day 9
    [​IMG]

Berry Ryder Day 9
    [​IMG]

8. Diesels smell kinda weird but they are nice. its a very pungent "gassy" bitter smell but it smells good, its strange, its like woa, that doesnt smell very good, but wait, it does smell good. its a strange one for sure but you cant stop smelling it.

9. Looks good man. They've grown pretty good. working on 3rd and forth leafs. I hope your biodeisel tops itself. looks like it just might with that retarded leaf lol. im just kidding, its not retarded. just special.

10. It is a special leaf , like a 4 leaf clover . That one is gonna produce hahahaha .!. I started some clones on the 10th and some seeds on the 14th
    I'm subbin along to see how your lucky strike grows bro

11. You hit the nail on the head..very good description.

12. Coming along nicely

13. Ya, lets hope she doesn't stay retarded, but regardless, I'll still smoke her stupid ass. Glad to have you along bud.

Thx Ford, means a lot.

14. [quote name='albertahigh']Ya, lets hope she doesn't stay retarded, but regardless, I'll still smoke her stupid ass. Glad to have you along bud.

Thats the funniest shit i ever fucking heard..HAHAHAHA subbed..

15. lol right on tyrell, happy to have you along.

the girls seem noticeably bigger today. temps are still in line and the RH is getting up closer to 40% which should be alright for now anyway. i still haven't ordered anything new for my tent or whatever. i've been trying to track down the best online shop for selection and shipping to canada. hope to have a good update for y'all by thursday.:smoking:

16. [quote name='"albertahigh"']lol right on tyrell, happy to have you along.

the girls seem noticeably bigger today. temps are still in line and the RH is getting up closer to 40% which should be alright for now anyway. i still haven't ordered anything new for my tent or whatever. i've been trying to track down the best online shop for selection and shipping to canada. hope to have a good update for y'all by thursday.:smoking:[/quote]

EBay HTG grow supply or online htg grow supply

17. ya htg wont ship to canada for whatever reason. definitely the best online shop i've seen for gear which sucks but i will find a good shop when I get a break from workin'.

just a little two week update. things are going pretty good in the tent. temps are still averaging 75degrees and humidity is hanging around 40%. for keeping tracks sake I name all my plants alphabetically, so I have given my biodiesel mass - heather, and my berry ryder - isabelle. it may be a little premature seeing as they haven't shown sex yet, but they are fems so they better be girls.

heather is still showing signs of uneven growth. I figured that mutation was more of a one off, now i'm thinking that might not be the case. either way she still looks healthy. she is working on her 3rd node, and is just over 3" to her very top. slight smells of mj now when close. she's smaller i think than any other auto i've grown at this age, but i still think she has time to impress.

isabelle is still the front runner. also on her 3rd, just a bit further along and standing just over 5" to her very top. also healthy looking with that nice mild smell of mj. man i just love growing these plants. thinking more about lst'ing her. probably wednesday when i have some time to dedicate to them.

here are a couple pics to show you the progress. sorry i havent been around as much as i would like, but someone has to bring home the bacon ya know. thanks for dropping by blades :smoking:

heather from the top - 2 weeks
    [​IMG]

heather from the side - 2 weeks
    [​IMG]

isabelle from the top - 2 weeks
    [​IMG]

isabelle from the side - 2 weeks (sorry forgot to crop)
    [​IMG]

sisters - 2 weeks
    [​IMG]

18. Girls look good man. I wouldn't worry about the weird growth. Looks like they are right where they should be. Just keep doing what your doing bro.

19. Thx bud, your plants are looking great too man.

20. Yo peeps, hope everyone is all good. First day off in two weeks so i'm hoping to get some more time in the tent and on here. Just posting a bit of an update on my girls.

Things are still moving forward in the tent. Temps are still 73-77, RH is 40%. Planning on switching up my MH for HPS in about a week or so, we will see how things keep progressing. I still haven't put in my order for new gear yet but I will be doing that soon.

Heather (BioDiesel) is looking healthy but still small. She is standing 5" tall and she started showing her pre-flowers, which is great. her new growth seems to have evened out. One thing i have noticed is that she seems to bend back and forth between nodes. Not sure if that is just how she grows or maybe just leaning to the light? as long as she is growing upwards, green and all that good stuff i wont worry about it too much.

Isabelle (Berry Ryder) is still dominating the growth. She is 7" with tons of new healthy growth. No pre-flowers which kinda makes me wonder. I don't usually see an autoflower this large without them. I wonder what the chances of it being a male, especially seeing the vigorous growth and whatnot. time will tell i guess. The smell is getting fairly strong from both of them, but most notably from the Ryder.

Here are some pics from the tent and out in my old veg cab. Let me know what you guys think of where these girls are at.

Sisters @ 18 days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heather @ 18 days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Isabelle @ 18 days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]