Another ez cloner problem thread

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by RichardDean, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Hey guys and gals I have used the ez cloner in the past with mixed results and decided to have a go at it again with a 60 site. I have the water at 70 to 75 and room humidity is in the 60% range and ambient temps get highest of 77 or so. Been using the clear rez that came with it every 5 days and ph is at 6.1 at day 6 or so and it seems more clones are keeling over and getting mushy then surviving. I took some more and didn't cut the leaves back like you normally do for plugs and they seem to be staying better so far. Just wondering if anyone can see from my numbers if I got anything going wrong that may be hindering my cloning this machine should make things easy hahah but usually isn't the case.

2. I am using ro water as well forgot to mention that. As far as I can tell I got everything where it should be but not getting results I should be.

3. The ones that seem to fair better are the clones that I left the leaves intact guessing with the cloner it is different because without a humidity dome you don't need to cut back the leaves to transpire water I'm guessing?

4. Well I give up this thing sucks hahaha my plugs worked way better no wonder I never messed with hydro its too much work for not enough results.

5. You should be getting better results, there is something not going right.

First, clean the hell out of everything. Make sure there isn't messiness on the inside.

Quit using anything in your water, just use straight RO water. Do not PH your RO water either, just do straight RO water.

What kind of light are you using?

If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.

6. It was clean and I had just bought it used ro water but was phed to 6.1 and its just was at the edge of my veg area which is a 400 mh and 215 watt t5.

7. When I start it up again I might just throw it out in the front room where it is cooler and leave a Cfl a foot or so above it so that is its only light thinking maybe they were getting too much light.

8. Bet you thought the money dump'd on that would sprout you all kind's of clone's bummer .
    Blame it on the getting to much light ? naa it was user error , constructive criticism = EZ CLONER WASTE OF MONEY =this thread .

9. You must not have a life such a sad little man. They work great you just have to have all variables set and my light was too bright plain and simple. Go smoke some of your indoor and chill out Jesus man never in my life seen someone so eager to talk shit to people they don't even know. Go do something constructive.

10. Sorry to hear that, I made a home made one of these for a friend and had good luck.. Perhaps it's something to do with the design of the ez cloner? i use EZ cloner sprayers.

11. I have used them in the past with good results but that was with straight tap water and low light this time my light was more intense and I used reverse osmosis water so seems like going back to how I was using them originally is the best bet. I am going on vacation for the holidays so I will mess with it when I come back and I will get plenty of roots popping from this machine no worries. :)

12. Have always been told to cut leaves in half when cloning and not to add any moisture to the leaves so maybe the humidity dome is too much?

13. You my friend are a waste of space :rolleyes: go bother someone else

14. Yeah I have always cut them down as the plant has no root system to support a lot of vegetation. Shouldn't need a humidity dome with a cloner but sometimes it can help if you live in extra dry areas. We left an ez clone on our porch a couple summers ago in the shade and it was cloning shit all day.

15. Perhaps was the difference in humidity being outside in the sun or the heat from the outdoors?

16. A lot of people have problems with heat in these units so it was probably staying very cool along with low light

17. I would try to duplicate those conditions and see where you get.

18. Yeah I'm taking the cloner out of the veg room and running it in the front of my house in a corner by itself with just a 26 watt cfl and tap water and should be good to go.

19. I have read to leave clones in the dark for the first 48 hours of cloning. I was wondering about trying to put some baking soda in the water.. Wouldn't it make a clean batch for clones? or mess with the ph too much

20. Yeah I actually do that with my rapid rooters on a heat mat just leave them in the dark for a day or two and it helps a lot. I had always left the light on 24 hours with cloners but some dark never hurts. Ph should be like 5.8 to 6.1 in a Aero cloner but I have heard some people not phing the water at all and being fine just depends on your water quality in your area really.