Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

15 States including Texas submit petition to succeed from US

• Please log in to reply

NasaJoe

NasaJoe

Life is sacred

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,314 posts
15 States including Texas have filed a petition to secede from the United States - Dallas Top News | Examiner.com

As of Saturday November 10, 2012, 15 States have petitioned the Obama Administration for withdrawal from the United States of America in order to create its own government.

States following this action include: Louisiana, Texas, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York. These States have requested that the Obama Administration grant a peaceful withdrawal from the United States.

These petitions were filed just days after the 2012 Presidential election.

Louisiana was the first State to file a petition a day after the election by a Michael E. from Slidell, Louisiana. Texas was the next State to follow by a Micah H. from Arlington, Texas.

The government allows one month from the day the petition is submitted to obtain 25,000 signatures in order for the Obama administration to consider the request.

The Texas petition reads as follows:

The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government’s neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it’s citizens’ standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.

As of 12:46 am, Sunday, signatures obtained by Louisiana, 7,358; Texas, 3,771; Florida, 636; Georgia, 475; Alabama, 834; North Carolina, 792; Kentucky, 467; Mississippi, 475; Indiana, 449; North Dakota, 162; Montana, 440; Colorado, 324; Oregon, 328; New Jersey, 301 and New York, 169. Many more States are expected to follow.

A petition is not searchable at WhiteHouse.gov until 150 signatures have been obtained. It is the originator's responsibility to obtain these signatures.

Obviously Obama is not going to just let these countries succeed, and its possible the petitions are more symbolic than anything.. but its good to see these states at least threaten something so monumental.
  • oceansgreen likes this

Guest_Made You Look_*

Guest_Made You Look_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Is this real?

CaptainBobbo

CaptainBobbo

Green "Belted"

• Registered Upgraded
  • 343 posts

Obviously Obama is not going to just let these countries succeed, and its possible the petitions are more symbolic than anything.. but its good to see these states at least threaten something so monumental.

Considering they're all about 2X,xxx away from the signature limit (which isn't even really very high, I doubt they'd be able to succeed from the states with just 25k signatures a state.) I doubt it'll happen. Even if that was eventually the case, like you said, Obama wouldn't allow our country to divide apart.

Weird thought though, I didn't know so many states actually felt so strongly about that, also a little weird they waited till after the election. "Oh hey, that Obama fella got elected another 4 years.... better just try and make a struggling Louisiana it's own country." It will definitely send a message though, it's not every day a good chunk of states wants to break off from the US.

Thanks for the share blade.!.

:smoking::cool:

Dissec

Dissec

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,339 posts
Chyeah time to form our own country guys!

Lennу

Lennу

grasscity is cool

• Gold Member
  • 11,272 posts

NasaJoe

NasaJoe

Life is sacred

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,314 posts

Weird thought though, I didn't know so many states actually felt so strongly about that, also a little weird they waited till after the election. "Oh hey, that Obama fella got elected another 4 years.... better just try and make a struggling Louisiana it's own country." It will definitely send a message though, it's not every day a good chunk of states wants to break off from the US.

I def agree with you, almost seems like this is a result of Romney losing the election which as you know would be hardly any different than having Obama in the first place.

But i will keep my fingers crossed. :D
  • Yoda likes this

Trippers

Trippers

Viva la revolucion!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,242 posts
And we thought those military militia guys were nut jobs. Lock and load boys, the rebellion is on.

dudeindistress3

dudeindistress3

Workaholic

• Registered Upgraded
  • 6,066 posts
Anybody know how common these are? Sadly this will never happen

Messiah Decoy

Messiah Decoy

Schitzo=Spiritual Savant

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,226 posts
Waaah Waah! Our guy lost so we're going to secede! Waaah!

Fizzly

Fizzly

Unregistered, downgraded Neanderthal

• Registered Upgraded
  • 6,695 posts
Although I fully support secession, I doubt it will go anywhere at this time.

But it will happen someday, IMO, despite whoever tries to stop it. Empires always break up sooner or later.

The land mass is too big to be ruled over by a central authority as it is now. Federalism obviously has not worked. Even Thomas Jefferson thought that it was too big back when the US only went to the Mississippi.

Lennу

Lennу

grasscity is cool

• Gold Member
  • 11,272 posts

hoboleader

hoboleader

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,092 posts
fine with me. Just leave the borders open and I dont see anything wrong with that. Give them there share of the military. We split the nukes up 10 nukes per million people for each state.

cball

cball

I divide by zero...

• Gold Member
  • 11,130 posts

Malvolio

Malvolio

You don't smoke the 'erb

• Bronze Member
  • 2,579 posts

hoboleader

hoboleader

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,092 posts

fine with me. Just leave the borders open and I dont see anything wrong with that. Give them there share of the military. We split the nukes up 10 nukes per million people for each state.

and how about one nuke = one electoral vote in the NWO system. Every million people are designated there nuke/mascot, and a computer manages and randomly assigns you to a vacant nuke nearby.
This way we can have votes filled out at ICBM launchpads.

Fizzly

Fizzly

• Registered Upgraded
  • 6,695 posts

What do you think about Quebec wanting to become it's own country?

Any group has the moral right to secede from a larger nation. The founders of this nation certainly believed it, because that's what the Revolutionary War was all about: seceding from Britain.

But since The War of Northern Aggression (1861-65) that right has been bashed and trashed. It has been brainwashed out of modern thought, except for a few of us radicals who remember history.

Fizzly

Fizzly

• Registered Upgraded
  • 6,695 posts

*Secede

It will never happen, lol.

Yes it will, we just don't know when. Could be in 20 years, could be 100. But it will happen.

Goopus

Goopus

Official Beah Cat Drivah

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,565 posts
Hell yes, it has begun. Just waiting for Tennessee to start this. I shall sign.

HighMountainSkier

HighMountainSkier

Smo Queed

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,511 posts
Awesome. Where do I sign up?

Messiah Decoy

Messiah Decoy

Schitzo=Spiritual Savant

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,226 posts
It's funny, the people who swear they love this country the most are the first to abandon it at the drop of a hat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users