Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best substitute for liquid besides water in bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sprink, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Gasoline, just kidding obviously. Water is life, what would possibly be better to inhale into your lungs if you have to filter bud with a liquid?

2. Never use a hydrocarbon like ethanol (or gasoline) in your piece. Apart from tasting terrible, these liquids, while polar themselves, are good solvents of many non-polar compounds. All the fun compounds found in your marijuana can be dissolved by these solvents; you'll loose a good amount of cannabinoids, depending on the proof of the alcohol used.

3. Cannistry is correct. Unless you plan on drinking the alcohol afterwards (it applies to ethanol, petroleum, whiskey, beer, wine, vodka, etc.) then you will lose a lot of potential THC.

@OP: Hot water in a bong is a very interesting experience. hits are harsh because they are *dry* not because they are hot. otherwise as long as you used ice water you'd never get a harsh hit and we know that's not true. so try hot water. tea could work as well, just preferably without sugar. any juices or sugary drinks *would* work, but you'd have to clean your bong out well. snow also works. you can also buy these soft bead things that are usually used for decorative small plant pots but just toss them in the bong water and they help break up the bubbles. i have in the past also used dry ice in my bong. i realize that sounds really stupid, but in fact it is not - all it is is carbon dioxide which you are inhaling from the weed/air anyway. just don't put a lot, only a small nug.

4. Why would you put whiskey in your bong? What a fucking waste

5. I use the blood of 100 aborted fetuses

6. I always forget the water when im up in the mountains with my homies, so i end up using ice tea or gatorade :D:D

7. Substitute for liquid? Yo only got solids & gases left. Well, not including plasma. I doubt any of these will work. I suggest yo stick with liquids.

P.S. Why did you add 'besides water'?...since water is a liquid and you said you wanted a substitude for liquid it was pretty damn obvious wate wasn't included as an option.

8. he messed up the wording you pedant. offer advice or get out

9. ...which contains alcohol (albeit not as much as whiskey).

Water is the best, man. You can mix it up & use flavored water (preferably sugar-free so you don't get your bong all sticky), or just change the temperature -- hot water is nice sometimes (as ddog mentioned). I just don't get what the fascination is with putting liquids other than water in bongs (not just you, OP...there have been other threads on this very subject here).

EDIT: dammit, I really don't like these Skimlinks...totally arbitrary words that it links on.

10. I would say some chlorine.

11. I see what you did there :cool:

12. Häagen-Dazs.

13. 40 weight 2 cycle oil, used oil, works everytime

14. Besides all the good recommendations already found here, diesel fuel. It'll add some pep to your step.

15. #38 Granthi, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
     Hate to bump, but I'll bump cause I made a lame thread about this that didn't catch on, just wanted to share this breakthrough discovery with the world. Apologies.

Me and my roommate have tried literally everything mentioned in this thread (mouthwash, virtually every fruit juice, ice, tea, coffee, special flavoring) - being honest none were good enough to make us want us keep coming back for more. Apart from ice.

We discovered yesterday in the heatwave. The best bong water by far is - Coconut water . Zico mango-flavored Coconut water. Trust me it filters the smoke so effectively, leaving it so thick & moistened you'd think it was made for smoke to pass through it. It tastes so natural, & Zico has that distinct taste almost like scented sunscreen, a 'vacation in a bottle' flavor. Thus subtly flavoring your hits a slightly creamy & fruity taste. We're never smoking through just water & maybe some ice again.

It isn't at all sticky.

Try it, come back & thank me for converting you.

16. clear American flavored water. no carbs no sugar no cals none of that an they have a bunch of great flavors makes for a tasty smoke even with dank

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17.  dihydrogen monoxide