First time Medical grow for your mind, body and soul!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Hortila, Nov 10, 2012.

1. yeah i was scared that my plants wouldnt make it as i was out of power for 3 days. Thank god that they show no sign of it!!

2. [quote name='"cdphalanx"']

here's a rough way to do it...

you'll want to take whatever ratio you are using for your nutes and add one part of each, only in a one gallon bucket and following your feed schedule. Now note the before and after ppm.

You now have the exact #mL you add, per gallon to change the ppm by X amount.

Figure out how many ppm the desired difference is and divide that by how many ml per gallon you determined, above.

Then, take the total #of ml and figure out how many ml of each nutrient, in the right ratios, totals your desired number of ml

this is basically adapting the Lucas addback formula to work with any size res or feeding schedule. as long as you adjust the formula accordingly, it'll still work

1-(Current ppm / target ppm)*res gallons*[ml of one part of nutrient line][/quote]

Thanks for the breakdown, I managed to get my ratio to 730ppm going off the AN web calculator. So now that I know what I need in 1 liter I can multiply it by 130 Land I've got my soup!

I've wasted a day trying to figure out why my T104 timer wasn't working. The clock didn't turn and I now know its because this unit is pre wired for 240v and I'm running 120v. The good thing is this timer runs 120v as well. I've just got to re wire the thing and that's easier said then done. Electricity to me is another language.

Anybody out here pull this one off?

3. [quote name='"poobar"']That's a long time studying - should go well -hoping to learn along
    the way myself:)[/quote]

Hey thanks for dropping in, I'm still learning first hand! You can only learn so much from reading but more from doing!

4. [quote name='"4ddiction"']

yeah i was scared that my plants wouldnt make it as i was out of power for 3 days. Thank god that they show no sign of it!![/quote]

Dude they not only survived they are looking great!

5. So I managed to rewire my T104 timer to work on 120v tonight!!!!! It took a lot of web searching and trial and error (lots of back and forth trips to the panel) but the fucking thing works!!!

I really want to transplant but I've at least got to get my exhaust fan working cause the "seedlings" already smell so good! I can only imagine the smell when they reach for the 400 watt!

I did feed them 730 ppm of 3 part AN base, voodoo juice and super B+ yesterday and today. They seam to be ok with it, and my little messed up WW is coming back from the dead! Once my exhaust is hooked up its grow time!

6. #26 Hortila, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
    Little update for y'all! Not sure what day we're at, thinking 55 lol (so embarrassing) but it's the third day of 730ppm feeding. All are looking good except the VK, what a finakey bitch! Happy that WW is coming back from the dead something fierce!

Should be getting parts for my diy duct booster/carbon scrubber Friday! Here are some pics,

forgot to label them:

WW,VK,VK,BV,BV,BV, family and family

Attached Files:

7. you dont really need to worry about the smell till you start flowering in. And even then 3-7 weeks into flowering. My mothers are not being scrubed at all and you cant smell em.

8. Those do look great, keep up the good work!

9. [quote name='"4ddiction"']you dont really need to worry about the smell till you start flowering in. And even then 3-7 weeks into flowering. My mothers are not being scrubed at all and you cant smell em.[/quote]

Oh that's good to know, thanks 4d! To be honest the little girls are already letting off such a nice dank smell thou, even in their small state. That's why I was worried they would get worse with more light. They are in my closet next to my ensuite bath, so I've got the fan running 24/7. That at least keeps the smell in that area.

But I want to set up some reflective boards for the three sides that won't be close to the walls and remove the water I've got in the rez and buckets because it's been sitting there too long and isn't all that clean anymore.

How did your "experiment" turn out? Lol

10. [quote name='"HigherEducation"']Those do look great, keep up the good work![/quote]

Hey Higher education, thanks for dropping in! I can't wait to get them in their new homes. Have been hand feeding them for the past 62 days now! Geez! Lol

11. We'll find out. The reason i did it, was Ak48 is a really bushy plant, a lot of fan leaves. I know there are some people that say to just leave it alone, however, i realized it was getting a little too busy and the lower buds above the screen werent getting any light. Mind you my tops are only 11'' above the screen. The stretch stopped, so i wanted to see if i got rid of certain leaves that the lower buds would receive more lights. I did a lot of research on this topic and it varies. Its 50/50 on opinions. Some people say nay, and other say go for it. This grow around i want to see how "selective trimming" not defoliation works for me.

But from what i read, trimming some of the fan leaves stresses the plant for day or two, however, it releases a large amount of growth hormone to respond to the "threat = trimming". So im hoping since im day 29 into flowering, the hormones will go straight to the bud sites where most of the energy is going.

Also people say fan leaves are power plants and storage. Photosysthensis occurs on every part of the plant that is green, and the amount i have left and the amount that grows on the buds will be sufficient. Storage i dont really care about since they are getting FED the entire time. Like i said i just trimmed certain areas of the plant to allow the light to penetrate to the last bud on top of the screen. Well see. Time will tell.

12. Sounds like you've really looked into it and that's good. From what your saying it all makes sense to me! I have read about stressing being a good thing and JJ has proven it with his torture of his last run (tut). I'm going to copy past how he did that and mimic it. So you've done a scrog before? I really want to but being my first attempt at growing JJ has advised me not to. And I think that would be best, thinking I'm going to veg for at least a month to balance that.....i want monsters and pounds you know!

13. Well first timers can scrog!!! TRM is a clear example! I would have scrog my first bitch too but what i originally planed to do did not work (my clones didnt take root) so i had to flower my mother so no time to scrog so i LSTd instead

14. Hmmmmm..... Both you guys got me thinking now! I'll have to take it up with my sensei (JJ) lol

15. You cut anything above the screen and JJ will castrate you by squeezing your balls between two spoons. Careful now!

16. [​IMG]

Well if your scrog is 4' above the screen line, then I guess you have to... [​IMG]
    Wonder who did that cause he wanted to do his own thing???? :poke:

:bolt:

17. [quote name='"Unhinged"']You cut anything above the screen and JJ will castrate you by squeezing your balls between two spoons. Careful now![/quote]

Lol.....ouch!!!

18. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']

Well if your scrog is 4' above the screen line, then I guess you have to... [/quote]

Can't really call that a scrog then can you? More like a sapport screen!?

[quote name='"jakesterjammin"']
    Wonder who did that cause he wanted to do his own thing???? :poke:

:bolt:[/quote]

Lol, I'm sure it's not 4' high.

19. Hey! They are 11" thank you very much!!