Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Obama supports UN global gun ban less than 24 hours after reelection

• Please log in to reply

Swills

Swills

Registered User & Abuser

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,579 posts
U.N. Celebrates Obama Re-election by Pushing Global Gun Control, says Second Amendment Foundation - PR Newswire - The Sacramento Bee

BELLEVUE, Wash., Nov. 7, 2012 -- /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Less than 24 hours after winning re-election, President Barack Obama's administration joined with China, France, Germany and the United Kingdom, and more than 150 other governments, in supporting renewed debate on the proposed United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, confirming the worst fears of the American gun rights community.

The vote came at the U.N. General Assembly's meeting of the First Committee on Disarmament at the world organization's headquarters in New York City.
"It's obvious that our warnings over the past several months have been true," said Alan Gottlieb, founder and executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation. "The election was called about 11 p.m. Tuesday and by 11 a.m. this morning, we got word that the United States was supporting this resolution. We have to be more vigilant in our efforts to stop this proposed treaty."

SAF Operations Director Julianne Versnel, who has been back and forth to the United Nations over this proposal, said the fight is not finished. The measure will be considered for finalization in March 2013.

"We will continue to monitor this issue and oppose any effort to enforce a global gun control measure," she stated.Wednesday lauding passage of the resolution, saying the treaty will protect human rights.

"The right of self-defense is a human right," Gottlieb countered, "and in this country, the Second Amendment protects that right.

"Just days ago as he campaigned for re-election," he concluded, "Barack Obama told his supporters that voting is the 'best revenge.' I guess now we know what he was talking about. The revenge he seeks is against American gun owners and their Second Amendment rights."

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

Read more here: U.N. Celebrates Obama Re-election by Pushing Global Gun Control, says Second Amendment Foundation - PR Newswire - The Sacramento Bee

Many gun owners and conspiracy theorist have been saying Obama and silly gang of bitches are looking to take guns away from American citizens. Are their fears validated?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyVldVMA7vU"]Obama's Bizarre Anti Gun Rant At The Presidential Debates (FULL) Gun Control, 2nd Amendment - YouTube[/ame]

Gun sales have been on the rise and have increased drastically since Obama's reelection.

2011 Smashes Sales Record for Guns

Tue, December 27, 2011

This was a banner year for guns -- 2011 is set to smash the record for gun sales.
The record for a single year was set just last year, when the FBI reported that 14,409,616 background checks were requested. In 2011 that figure will top 16 million. FBI spokesman Steve Fischer said just 1.3% of background checks result in denial of a weapon.

With a week left in December, the FBI said the monthly record has already been broken, and that was only set last month when 1,534,414 background checks were requested from the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

FBI data shows spike in U.S. firearm purchases in 2011 | Reuters

Thu Jan 5, 2012 12:08am EST

(Reuters) - The FBI performed a record number of instant background checks on would-be firearm buyers in 2011 as Americans went on an apparent gun-buying spree, according to new government data.

Gun Maker Stocks Rise On Obama Reelection

Posted: 11/07/2012 6:05 pm EST Updated: 11/08/2012 11:07 am EST

While some Americans on Wednesday were popping champagne to celebrate President Barack Obama's reelection, others were in sporting goods stores buying guns.

"People are hedging their bets on what they think is the worst case scenario, which is that Obama will ban some guns completely," said Steve Fincher, a sales manager at Guns & Gear in Lavonia, Ga. The store has seen an uptick in sales since the summer, particularly of handguns with bigger magazine capacities, according to Fincher. "They're making sure they will still be able to get them," he said.

On Wednesday, gun maker Smith & Wesson's stock rose 9.62 percent, a jump analysts said was due to a predicted increase in sales following Tuesday's election. Stock in Sturm Ruger & Co., another gun manufacturer, was also up, rising 6.81 percent in Wednesday trading.

Let's not forget Obama's Operation Fast & Furious/Project Gunrunner!

Issa: Gun-Control Agenda Behind Fast and Furious

Investigation into the "Fast and Furious" gun-walking scandal continues to reveal disturbing developments. On Sunday, Representative Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight Committee that is leading the investigation into the operation, told ABC News’ Jake Tapper that pertinent emails revealed that the agenda of the operation was to advocate for greater gun control, not as alleged to pursue criminal prosecutions of drug cartel members.

During the interview, Tapper played a video clip of Issa speaking at a National Rifle Association convention in April. “We’ve never answered the question, ‘What were they thinking of?’" Issa commented during that speech. "Could it be that what they really were thinking of was in fact to use this walking of guns in order to promote an assault weapons ban? Many think so, and they haven’t come up with an explanation that would cause any of us not to agree.”

Noting Issa’s implication that "Fast and Furious" was in fact intentionally fumbled in order to make the case for stronger gun laws, Tapper asked, “Do you really think that it was a possibility that they were sending guns across the border — not because they were trying to get people in the Mexican drug cartels, not 'cause they were trying to figure out gun trafficking, but because they were trying to push gun control?”

“Two things, quickly," Issa responded. "First of all, this was so flawed that you can’t believe they expected to actually get criminal prosecutions as a result of it, so the level of flaw — if that’s a word — here is huge. But here’s the real answer as to gun control: We have emails from people involved in this that are talking about using what they’re finding here to support, basically assault weapons ban or greater reporting.”

Report: Holder says he could decline second term as attorney general

Attorney General Eric Holder said Thursday that he could exit the Obama administration despite the president securing a second term.

Holder made the apparently off-the-cuff remarks during a speech to law students at the University of Baltimore School of Law on Thursday, according to Reuters.

According to the report, the attorney general said he still needed to consult with the president and his family before making a decision on a second term. And, Holder said, he needed to ask himself, "Do I have some gas left in the tank?"

Discussion of whether he would continue on as Attorney General was not included in prepared remarks circulated by the Justice Department.

I'd say no matter what you believe, may as well go get you that gun you've always wanted because you never know what the fuck is gonna happen. Bottom line, I don't trust the Obama admin at all but more important I don't trust the Federal Gov't at all and it's their own fault I don't trust them so everyone should do their best to stay vigilant.

Edited by Swills, 09 November 2012 - 01:37 AM.

Bajhshot

Bajhshot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,028 posts
if they come for my guns they better be good at catch, at 2900 feet per second...

hoboleader

hoboleader

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,092 posts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciGN8nBWkRY]Onyx - Last Dayz - YouTube[/ame]

Lenny.

Lenny.

Used Register

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,279 posts
Oh, we are posting music now

this is relevent

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACgj1gFGRDE&feature=relmfu]Taxi Violence - Nothing Left To Lose (Official Video 2005) - YouTube[/ame]

LurkMode7.62

LurkMode7.62

181 gr of pure love

• Registered Upgraded
  • 677 posts
cold, dead hands and all that.

Swills

Swills

Registered User & Abuser

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,579 posts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-IUEy_-mE]Stephen Marley - Mind Control Lyrics! - YouTube[/ame]

♪ ♩ ♫ ♬

♪ ♩ ♫ ♬

Grasscity Lurker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,647 posts
ive heard of stickers, and i think shirts that say something like how obama is the gun salesman of the year... that is crazy how quickly they are back in the talks of the treaty... i honestly think martial law, or some kind of revolution of some sorts will hit here soon, its just a matter of when

Thomas437

Thomas437

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,009 posts
Molon Labe.

KillerKush

KillerKush

Lost, Found or Pursueing?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,985 posts
If you are 18 where I live you can just go to a gun store and load up; no BRC.

Only semi-automatics pistols, shotguns, bolt action rifles, muzzle loaders.

Nothing auto obviously.

Swills

Swills

Registered User & Abuser

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,579 posts

Nothing auto obviously.

And people are clearly loading up as gun sales tells us this but each state is different with different rules. NY compared to AZ is almost like apples to oranges :laughing:

Lenny.

Lenny.

Used Register

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,279 posts
Arizona's gun laws, or lack thereof (haha) are pretty neat.

BongRips4Life

BongRips4Life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 371 posts
Posted Image

DrLingIsKing

DrLingIsKing

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,227 posts
Good thing i bought my Saiga before all this, now i just need to get about 20 thirty round mags and 20000 rounds and ill be good (ammo goes fast in a firefight) HEy but remember dont open fire on your own military, shit will make us civies look like terrorist to all them in uniform. I just hope martial law hits before february so i can riot before bootcamp :metal:

dubaba

dubaba

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,419 posts
Man I really never thought that theyd even attempt to take our guns cause that would be one of the few things that would make americans rebel. I guess there either feeling cocky or stupid.....

cball

cball

I divide by zero...

• Gold Member
  • 10,107 posts

Thomas437

Thomas437

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,009 posts

Nothing auto obviously.

They dont do background checks for muzzle loaders, the ATF doesnt consider them a gun. Thats why you can buy them in those plastic packaging that comes with everything you need.

DroMontesino

DroMontesino

DroMontesino

• Registered Upgraded
  • 821 posts
I'm in Fla, there is no gun laws here lol, if you have your concealed license there's not even a purchase wait. We don't even have to register guns and we can sell to anyone. So it's going to be hard to find them in my case. Who ever tries to take them will regret it. Even if I'm killed, I'm taking a few with me...

CapitanQ

CapitanQ

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 562 posts
I'm not going to list my hardware even though I really kinda want to lol....but after 4 deployments and 8 years as a ground pounder in the 18th ABN Corps I have some pretty rad toys and I'm far from alone. I'm willing to bet that along with the other few hundred thousand just like me, we have the final say so in the matter, and we won't be handing anything over....to any of these clowns.

I truly believe that should they really try and pick this fight...it will not end well for anyone.

Many of us were extremely good if not the very best in the world at our profession....we will teach many others our craft, thanks for the education.

So....UN.......GOOD LUCK!!

Edited by CapitanQ, 09 November 2012 - 07:18 PM.

ICGreen

ICGreen

Likely Medicated

• 14,195 posts

Bajhshot

Bajhshot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,028 posts

I don't think it is anything more than the usual rhetoric to buy your guns now before their all gone. ;) At least the shop owners are getting their election stimuli. :P :smoke:

If it wasnt just rhetoric something tells me you would still support it? taking our guns i mean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users