Pax by Ploom Questions from a new user

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by undertheshade, Nov 9, 2012.

As you can see in the following list, there are different types of THC all with different boiling points:

[​IMG]

2. nothing that's close to 250 though. But all the different forms of THC and their metabolites are psychoactive right? So you want to vape at the highest temp to get all the of them. The highest the pax goes is 210 and most people reccommend medium which is <200

3. This is the best information I have come across in my research:
    http://www.zamnesia.com/content/284-vaporizer-temperatures-for-cannabis

4. I posted on the wrong page about leaving the store without the Pax today so I could do some research. I'm going to be there when they open in the morning!! It's 220.00 where I found it, with a 10% discount if you're a card holder. You all seem pretty happy with yours, I'm really exited. Sweet Dreams!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I loved mine for the first few weeks I had it and then I started to have a ton of problems with it. One of my friend's friends bought one and we loved it, so another friend bought one and then my friend and I went half each on one. We all loved them, then starting having issues with it heating up, the mouth piece not staying closed or the mouthpiece opening very slowly when its cold due to some oil clogging everything up. I ended up buying my friend's half and they all stopped using theirs due to issues. I've had it for about 1.5 years and use it occasionally, like when I go to my parent's house, but it's a pain in the ass with all of its issues.

I know you have to oil it and clean it all the time, which I do since I'm anal about cleaning my pieces. I clean it with 90% isopropyl, a q-tip and an actual pipe cleaner (not the arts and crafts kind) but that only helps it for about a day. I stopped buying the oil from them because it's a mess and kind of a rip off since it was a small foil package with like 0.2 ounces of oil for $10, you couldn't reclose the package or cleanly apply it, I just looked now and they finally have a little bottle to dispense it from it's still a tiny amount though (a mere 0.18 ounces/4.7 ml) and it's $7 but it's better than what it was, probably going to buy some now (any idea what type of oil it actually is?). The biggest problem I have is when it switches from purple/green to red all the time and I have to apply lateral pressure to get it to turn green again, if I release it, it goes back to being red. All my friends had this problem too so that's why they stopped using them.

The only thing that confused me about the architecture of it was that the screen is a solid piece of metal that covers the pipe that you draw from, after a few loads the oils and tar would create a seal around the screen and it would become damn near impossible to draw from it, I resorted to using aluminum foil and poking holes in it to get a better flow. The other thing I have a huge problem with is the push in to turn on/off mechanism. I feel it would be 100% better if that thing was stationary and just had a small switch or button on it. In my opinion it definitely wasn't worth $200.

6. #26 Mr Phatal, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
    I have had my PAX for over a year now. 

This is how I found the best use:

Pack it with GROUND leaf, slightly from the top, if you have an old screen, you can pace it on top as well. It gives it better burning. Also I put 1 drop of 0mg (nicotine free) ejuice  in it to give it a better combustion and some flavor. I like Raspberry, Blue Berry, Strawberry. You get the point.

Cleaning the unit, I have taken a metal clothes hanger and cut a straight (along the bottom of the hanger) length from it.  I remove the mouth piece and soak it in alcohol for a minute to loosen the gunk.

Remove the oven lid, and insert the metal hanger (i found this doesn't bend like the pipe cleaner) through the opening in the PAX next to the light, and push out the screen. I use a more sturdy pipe cleaner with little bristles built in. I dip one end in some alcohol and run it from the mouth side through the chamber and vice versa, I will either replace the screen or soak it for a few moments and scrape it with a flat object to clean it. 

The mouth piece I clean around the little ring at the stem (this is the guy that sticks on you), and run a pipe cleaner into the stem and into the mouth piece as far as I can. I also take a cotton swap and clean the mouth piece also (it will collect some junk there from your pocket or wherever you store it.) I dry it (the mouthpiece) with another cotton swab. Apply some oil (PAX lube) to the ring on the stem and reinsert the mouth piece (this most likely solves the sticking and red light issue). With the oven lid  off, I power on the PAX and I wait until it gets hot (turns green) and I use another cotton swab dipped in alcohol and clean the chamber and the sides of the chamber. 

I reinsert the screen and clean the oven lid, I might use a tooth pick or a paper clip to clean the leaf from the edges of the lid and wipe it down with an alcohol wipe. Don't let the lid soak in alcohol I heard it was bad to do.

Follow these instructions and you should achieve the best use of your PAX.

:bongin:  :hello:  :yay:  :smoking:  :smoke:

Here is a good video on cleaning the unit, Not me but its pretty much the same thing as I do minus the metal hanger. Thanks to Vaporizers Reviewed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltvb3YK--yY

7. I just bought my pax about a month ago or So. I am now having plant matter get into my mouth. How can fix this issue?