BudSlinGer Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Yoda, Nov 8, 2012.

1. :laughing: im def going to have to build something, man I miss the cubby :(

2. Well been out of smoke for far to long,
    winter is approaching and growing how I have in this house isn't going to cut it, I will have to build something to give better control over temps and such.
    I do have a timeline as I started germinating seeds a week to 10 days ago, I had 3-4sd seeds almost older then me, and some 4sd x jack herrer just as old.
    I started 8 seeds total. as of now 1 of the 4sd seeds and 1 of the 4sd x jack has its 1st set of true leafs and growing.
    no other seeds showing sign of life yet. I made a call to a friend and im getting 4 og kush clones in about 10 days.
    So the plan will be try and get something put together to get me thru a few runs and make sure I don't run out again.
    So Ill get back to my love of growing :)

3. Man, haven't been by here for ages, glad to see AW's still busting your chops for pic's. And I seem to recall once upon a time, waaaay back about when I had to cut a hole in the ceiling of my grow room because Medicine Man was stretching too tall, and the wife fell through the hole from upstairs, that you had pollenated a crop of Medicine Man and had more seeds than you could shake a cactus at (cactus ... AKA prick, heh heh). If I'd known you were that bad off I'd have sent you some of mine.

If you're shopping, Kalashnikova auto will put a smile on your face. One plant, 2X2 party tent, 250W HID, 11+ oz cured in the jars. Never met a girl who liked being tied up as much as she did
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. #626 Yoda, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
    So nice to see you dude.. I remember that like it was yesterday.. and no I have about 1000 medicine man seeds.. lol..
    haven't done a auto yet and cant see myself doing it.. got some good up and comers though..
    Picked up a clone of sweet tooth today, this plant has been my nemesis for so long ha ha..
    Also have some pretty special babies at home trying to make roots, once they do Ill back up in here or maybe a new one,

5. Sweet, I'll be sure to drop by occasionally & see you progress.
    I bought my little 2X2 party tent to play with some seed making and little breeding projects. About the same time I got a freebie Northern Lights-Big Bud auto and decided to try it. Figured since I'd never done one it was time to see if there was any fun in it. Surprise, Surprise, as Gomer would say, it finishes up at 6+ oz from the one plant & the Mrs. falls in love with the stuff. So I start discounting everything I've read about auto's being light producers and weaker smoke, and still haven't used the tent for what I bought it for.
    The Kalishnakova auto in the pic has been close to as good as anything I've ever smoked. Not as couch lock heavy as the Chemdawg I've been running but a great up high.
    So live & learn [​IMG]got a BubbleGum auto in the little tent with about three weeks to go.
    I guess I'm going to have to buy another tent for my breeding projects. And hope like hell I don't get another freebie auto to tie it up. I'm running out of grow rooms [​IMG]

6. I grew a couple of auto's once and was impressed with the quality and quanity. They just take so long, as a well rooted clone will be cut dried and jarred before a seed from a auto will finish.
    I bought me a new house to Yoda, moved 800 miles and have to get something by spring or before built, small tent now with 2 in it that just hit 12\\12 with this new Mars II custom spectrum light. I should be able to cut one by Christmas and hang lights from it. haha

7. Wow, your auto's take longer to the jar than clones? I've done 5 or 6 auto runs under my little 250W HID, and they all have finished around 11 or 12 weeks from seed. My real love is running clones from assorted mothers, but they always take 2-3 weeks to root the cuttings, 4 weeks to veg (sometimes 5), 10-14 days to transition and at LEAST 9 weeks in bloom under my 400 or 600W HID. So all the auto's I've run have been several weeks quicker than my traditional photoperiods from cuttings.
    But I won't be giving up my clone mothers, I'm with you on that.

Yoda, not meaning to hijack your thread, just keeping it warm for you as winter creeps in [​IMG]

8. Hard drive great news brother, big move but congrats on the house, we moved about 45 miles that was a pain in the ass canty imagine 800 miles..lol Nice to see you..
    Leds and autos.. who are you guys and what have you done with my gromies.. :laughing: :poke:
    I have some real nice stuff going now, in process building my new grow room, seems like it was easier 10 years ago.. ha ha.
    Feel free guys post away.. pretty stoked to see you.. :)

9. What I mean on the well rooted clone, it's already 10" tall or so and I start the 12\\12 around15". Really I got 30 days in the clone, but it's in a different tent under LED. The main big tent is 600 hps, so depending on strain, and if I start a 12\\12 while still in the veg tent it's faster. I guess I'm cheating a little.//static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/stonedsmilie.gif

10. Oh yeah Yoda the ole man has retired and moved to Fla for the winters, back to Ky for the summer. Fuck it can't take the money with you so spend it now plus If I don't get a liver in the next year or so it's ten toes up.
    You know the doctor actually told me to smoke pot to keep from losing so much weight, hahaha they must not test for it down here.
    HD

11. well damn dude, sorry to hear that I sure hope they find one, Start eating man :poke:
    Ill have to get over to your thread, That old school looks good on you dude. see ya in the vip lounge :hello:

12. Haven't strayed TOO FAR off the beaten path, the auto's are fun to piss around with. Plus with the Mrs.'s medical needs she smokes a shit-ton of weed, so I hedge my bets against her running out by supplementing her jars with the auto's. And it's just be downright fun to play with something different.
    But just to show I haven't strayed too far from my roots ... late last year I finally put my modified RDWC bonsai mother system online. No auto's here!!! Your old Budslinger RDWC DIY thread provided a lot of the detail for this, so many thanks for the inspirations. Here's a shot of the almost completed assembly with (3) mother pods & (1) clone pod.
    Yeah, I know, who needs that many mothers???? That's not the point, you do because you can.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've found the six - hole is a bit too constrained for the individual mothers to thrive. At three per pod each mother is thrilled to be here. I believe four may be the max practical per pod, which will give me the ability to keep up to sixteen different mothers. As long as I cut them back and do a healthy root prune every couple of months they seem to flourish. Been online for a year now with no problems. (That's a lie, I added an overflow manifold so that just in case a root string happens to get sucked down a pod's primary drain, or a grow rock gets dropped in the pod and clogs the drain, it won't overflow. And I did this before any roots or hydroton pebbles caused an overflow. Really. I promise. Fingers crossed and everything [​IMG])

Here's the locked and loaded version. Depending upon how diligent I am with the training, I can get more clones than I ever need. It's so easy to get 8-10 cuttings per mother plant, 25-30 per pod, which is waaaayyy more than I need. I end up throwing away so many viable cuttings it's not funny. But for me, this setup is not about the quantity, it's all about the variety, not needing to sacrifice one mother to roll in another. This setup is in my "old" mother plant area which originally would hold three mature mothers and that was it. Now I can do 12 to 16 with minimal overhead in a 4' wide X 18" deep footprint. Two to three 42W CFL's in brooder reflectors light the whole thing, and provide the flexibility to have different mothers at different stages of training, plus room on top for a DWC clone pod. I'm happy.

[​IMG]

The last feature I HAVE to point out is a gem of an idea that I'm particularly proud of. Note the blue hydro tube on the front of the reservoir? This is my overflow protector. If I ever lose power, and the RDWC modules drain back into the reservoir and try to overflow, once the water level reaches the top of the hose it just flows back into the bottom of the reservoir.
    Catastrophe diverted.[​IMG]

Sometime my engineuity amazes myself.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks for the upgrade man.
    You have been busy and I like the new setup, looks very near what me and a bud are working on now, clone\\veg room with T5's and another with 1200w of HPS. It should be complete by Christmas.

14. Cool! I initially though of using a T-5 with two 55W bulbs (4') but the more I thought about it, I liked the ability to adjust the CFL's individually. But yeah, if I were veg'ing that would be a sweet way to go.
    I could run these pods with one or two 6" net pots & take them through a complete grow, but my real intention was to have an easy to maintain mother support system. So far I'm happy.
    Bestaluck finding that liver, Man. No need for me to say that's important, but I'll be hoping for ya.

15. Thanks man. we are going commercial in a couple months, got the misting cloner on the bottom already working, mothers on the top of a steel rack and kinda looks like yoda's setup, just got my beans, waiting on my filter and fan. We already got a chiller, the buckets laid out and hoses ran and silicone for leaks. Portable AC for the summer etc... I need a new truck, so I be thinking I'm gonna grow one.
    Gonna run 1200w HPS depending on how these mars II I'm running with now, may change to pure LED
    HD

16. #638 Hypeshot, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    <3 Yoda Missing ya, Aloha

• Like Like x 1