God against marijuana

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by The Golden Spiral, Nov 8, 2012.

1. How would anybody know that God is against marijuana?
    just thought of how all the christian people (except christian stoners) think that marijuana is against God's will saying that god gave us everything but not everything is for our benefit (somewhere in the bible). but there is no way that they or anybody can know
    so what do you think?

2. They've been brainwashed and would rather believe what their pastors and friends say than what is written in the Word of God

3. My God! You both have 83 posts each. That's a sign that God wants you to stop marijuana, it's obvious!

4. Me and my friend asked a christian preaching man on the street if it was ok to smoke weed and he said there was nothing in the bible to suggest it was wrong.

5. #5 esseff, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
    Exactly. The reasons why religious people are afraid of cannabis, is more to do with the media's collective reporting on the idea of drugs. The government's war on drugs that's pushed down throats in very insidious ways, and the images of addiction they get to see. Excessive alcohol use is also frowned upon, as anything that makes people act out of control worries them. They equate cannabis use with being out of control.

It's very likely that Jesus used cannabis anyway.

As doubtful as the following hypothesis might first seem to the reader, I might as well boldly state my case right from the start: either Jesus used marijuana or he was not the Christ. The very word "Christ", by the implication of its linguistic origins and true meaning, gives us the most profound evidence that Jesus did in fact use the same herb as his ancient semitic ancestors, and which is still used by people around the world for its enlightening and healing properties.

The Greek title "Christ" is the translation of the Hebrew word Messiah, which in English becomes "The Anointed" D. The Messiah was recognized as such by his being anointed with the holy anointing oil, the use of which was restricted to the instillation of Hebrew priests and kings (See CC#5). If Jesus was not initiated in this fashion then he was not the Christ, and had no official claim to the title.
    D The title "Messiah" is much older than Christianity, as all the ancient kings of Israel are referred to as the "Messiah". "Christos - Anointed One, a title of many Middle-Eastern sacrificial gods: Attis, Adonis, Tammuz, Osiris. . ." 12

The ancient recipe for this anointing oil, recorded in the Old Testament book of Exodus (30: 22-23) included over nine pounds of flowering cannabis tops, Hebrew "kaneh-bosm" B, extracted into a hind (about 6.5 litres) of olive oil, along with a variety of other herbs and spices. The ancient chosen ones were literally drenched in this potent cannabis holy oil.
    B The "m" is a pronounced plural, and the singular kaneh-bos sounds remarkably similar to the modern cannabis. Although often mistranslated as "calamus", the word has been translated as "fragrant-cane" in most modern bibles, and specifically designates the fragrant flowering tops of cannabis.

From the time of Moses until that of the later prophet Samuel, the holy anointing oil was used by the shamanic Levite priesthood to receive the "revelations of the Lord". At the dawn of the age of Kings, Samuel extended the use of the anointing oil to the Hebraic monarchs by anointing Saul (and later David) as "Messiah-king". These kings lead their people with the benefit of insights achieved through using the holy anointing oil to become "possessed with the spirit of the Lord."

"Anointing was common among kings of Israel. It was the sign and symbol of royalty. The word 'Messiah' signifies the 'Anointed One', and none of the kings of Israel were styled the Messiah unless anointed."1 The title was clearly only given to those "having the crown of God's unction upon them" (Leviticus 21:12).

After the fall of the Jewish kingdoms, and the bloody purges following the forged discovery of the Book of theLaw (1 Kings 23), the cannabis holy oil was prohibited as associated with pagan worship. Yet it seems that certain sects retained the topical entheogen, and continued to practice the older religion, silently awaiting the return of a Messiah-king in the line of David.

The ministry of Jesus marked the return of the Jewish Messiah-kings, and thus the re-emergence of the holy oil. Jesus was called the Christ because he violated the Old Testament taboo on the cannabis oil and distributed it freely for initiation rites and to heal the sick and wounded.

Although there is some evidence of Jesus' use of this Judaic cannabis oil in the traditional New Testament, we get a clearer picture of its importance when we also look at surviving Gnostic documents. The term Gnostic, meaning "knowledge", refers to a variety of early Christian sects which had extremely different beliefs about both Jesus and his teachings than those which have come down to us through modern Christianity.

6. why would god be against something he made?

7. well it's illegal, so it has to be a sin...

8. #8 SourD77, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012

Was he a Jehovah Witness?? if there was someone on the street preaching and he said that then he shouldn't be on the street preaching lol.

Obviously i'm not taking sides on this matter cause i love weed and i also love God.

One time someone even asked me about that since it is legal in some places then why is it wrong to smoke it. The reason why it would be wrong is kind've hard to explain because there is no verse in the bible that says you can't smoke it. There are parts that say drinking is bad like "only give beer to those who are perishing" and how prophets were punished for drinking with drunkards and all that. But for smoking there really isn't anything.

However there is a few verses in the bible that says that Christ is the head and we are all made up of one body. Then imagine if your hand becomes numb, lazy, and even getting sick, then it effects the rest of the body. Smoking can do some type on internal damage like to the lungs, and makes you slower in some exercises like running you'll run out of breath faster then taking care of the body becomes difficult and the body in the bible is known as the temple, when we keep Passover Jesus Christ remains inside of us and us in him, then imagine a temple with God inside and it's filled with smoke, and God said anyone who desecrated his temple will be punished.
    Even I heard in Korea that it's like super strict like they can't even smoke cigs over there or anything, i heard its really clean like the ticket for litering is ten times higher, and they do actually show how advanced they are in everything to.

Once again, i'm not taking sides, just showing the reason why smoking would be considered bad or sinful in the bible.

As for Jesus Christ being annointed, which verse in the bible says that he was annointed with the holy oil or anything like that??
    Cause in Luke3:21(continue reading) and Luke4:16(continue reading) it says that when Jesus Christ was 30 years old he was baptized with water not oil, and when he was baptized the Holy Spirit came on him and it says he was "annointed" but it didn't say anything about oil going on him or anything like that he just got baptized with water.
    And for the early Christian "sects" he referred to, which sects?? because Apostle Paul was known as the ringleader of the Nazarene Sect, Sect is like cult, because not everyone believed in Jesus Christ yet so the Pharisees would call the Christians a cult, the one's that followed Jesus Christ in the Church of God he established.

9. God made the serpant who tempted Adam and Eve, isn't he against him?

10. He was just a regular christian as far as I'm aware and a really awesome guy too.

11. I don't know.But again, why would he be against something he made? How do we know it wasnt his plan the whole time? Maybe he could of been upset at the snake's action but would still love his own creation.It seems that is how it works now, no?

12. All hail the homeless preacher.

13. Its simple.

Illegal=immoral=Unholy=unheard of

People find it easier to refuse facts than to think on their own.

14. i think your right.
    maybe it was God's plan all the time, but what if it was a plan that he intended us to sin cause he knew we would but then after that we can be made into a perfect creation?? like the movie Thor where he learned to become mature on earth and stuff maybe on earth is like some sort of test to become perfect like everything we go threw makes us stronger and more knowledgeable.
    :confused:

15. Marijuana is bad and you should feel bad.

But the good news is, all you have to do is ask for forgiveness. ;)

16. There is a passage in the bible somewhere about every seed bearing plant being created for mans use, I've posted it on the city before. Either way it's not outlined in the bible as being a sin so smoke all you want and you'll still get through the pearly gates. Me? I'm headed to the hottest party known to the otherworld.

17. Thinking for yourself is the issue here. In most cases, the definition of the followers of religion reveals the very opposite.

It is the state of mind that thinks it knows something, decides something, that the ego gets heavily invested in. That's why it's often impossible to have a proper conversation with a fundamentalist Christian, for example, because they've already decided they no longer have to be open to consider what God wants them to know, only what they've decided they already know, and need nothing more added to their belief.

18. To this day they have 83 posts...its...its as if they have posted 83 times simply to cleanse us of our sins!