Anyone reading good books?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by .ViciouS., Sep 7, 2006.

1. The Painted Bird - Jerzy Kosinski

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Monte is the man:)

MelT

3. Biohazard by Ken Alibek

4. #2904 Vetenari, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    Just getting into Great North Road by Peter F. Hamilton,always like his style.

5. I've been pretty bored and trying to entertain myself so I downloaded a bunch of books on my new laptop. I don't know where to start. Some are re-reads from high school and I just need to finish the Prince and The Pauper. I look forward to getting stoned and reading them all. Although, to me, nothing compares to the feel of a nice paper back folded up in my hands. So, I may be making a trip to the library soon.
    Untitled.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm reading this one called the Skin Map by Stephen Lawhead and it's pretty good so far. It's about trying to find this map that someone had tattooed so it's made of human skin and it shows how to travel to different universes and time periods pretty much. He uses some really good imagery and the book sucks you right in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 11 rings by Phil Jackson. If you like basketball it's a great read

Sent from my LG-D800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #2908 SlowMo, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    After reading Maarten Troost's Lost on Planet China, I think I'd like to travel around China for several months. The more I learn about it, the more I'm intrigued. But that will never happen. I'd like to do lots of things that will never happen. Unfortunately, this is realism rather than mere pessimism. I could fix pessimism.

9. I'm reading a song of fire and ice.. It is amazing! I love it. I might read Eragon after, still haven't read that series! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Currently reading In Watermelon Sugar by Richard Brautigan

11. Simon Kernick

The business of dying

A good day to die

Really good fast paced crime thrillers.

12. #2912 pocket biscuits, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    My stepmom somehow convinced me to start reading A Confederacy of Dunces, telling me how great it was. I have yet to see what all the fuss about after reading 40 pages, but I'll keep reading a few pages each day. I'm certainly not going to sit down all afternoon and read the whole damn thing, it's just not that interesting. She tells me a lot of books and movies are good that I rarely like, but then again I'm a young man and she's an old woman, so I've learned to take her recommendations with a grain of salt.

13. Started reading the Song Of Ice And Fire about a week ago, currently half way through A Dance With Dragons. Amazing books! Anyway, if you like fantasy books, here are a few by some lesser known authors most people probably haven't heard of but are some pretty amazing books
    The Sovereign of the Seven Isles- David A. Wells
    Mageborn- Michael G. Manning (SO much love for these books, there's a prequel series as well)
    The Book of Deacon- Joseph R. Lallo 
    The Travellers Gate Trilogy- Will Wight
    Mages of Bloodmyr- Brian Kittrell
    Evermen Saga- James Maxwell
    Shadowmagic- John Lenahan
    Godsland Series- Brian Rathbone
    Wielder Trilogy- T.B. Christensen 
    Bakkian Chronicles- Jeffrey M. Poole
    The Blood and Brotherhood Saga- Jeremy Laszlo

If you like the Song Of Ice And Fire, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Eragon Etc., these books are going to be your cup of tea. If you didn't, they're still awesome. 

14. #2914 F14shBack, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    Given the nature of this website I thought this might come in useful. 
    Shoestring Amsterdam...sounds good for anyone from the USA because it probably costs a fortune flying there in the first place. Might be useful for saving money once you're there.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O17F2KQ

[​IMG]

15. Fundamentals of Philosophy by Errol Harris.
    The Druid of Shannara by Terry Brooks.
    Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.

16. Autobiography of Malcolm X.

Shit is life changing.

--------------
    Jets, Nigga!

17. Just finished reading the final edition in the 'Sovereign of the Seven Isles' Series by David A. Wells. Brilliant series.

18. Ive been reading alot lately. Im reading two books right now. The Evolution of Desire and The Red Queen. Th Red Queen is kind of a hard read if your not versed in genetics and biology. Both books are rooted in evolutionary psychology. Very interesting. Im also reading The Book of Five Rings. I love books about communication and human nature. 

19. That is a good book on Amsterdam! I've traveled there quite a few times as I live relatively near by. If you are going and have some questions, feel free to PM me :) 

As for the book I'm reading right now; Zahir by Paulo Coelho. It's a deep deep deep love story, but it's interesting as hell when stoned, and the Brazilian writes really well.