I believe in the right to die.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MariaJuana92, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Assisted suicide all the way.
    yes plz

2. #2 Vzsel, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012

I just don't even know what too say....

At all, your committing suicide, how is that illegal/crime in any way? If you fail at it, then you go to the 5th floor and get on meds, you succeed, well you won't have too worry about it.

This must be the most stupid thread......

3. Yes, but not because of a reason that cureable, like depression and such.

I guess it's okey when you're in a deadly desease and dying slowly and painful, if someone decided they dont want to live anymore because of that then i think assisted suicide should be allowed.

4. This is such a grey area, people can suffer on chronic depression more than you have suffered in your whole life, who are you to deny them the right to die because it's "only depression"

5. It's pretty much a discretionary call if you ask me, I would never advocate it or recommend it to anyone for that reason, but if someone wanted to, they do have the right, in my opinion. The reason is pretty irrelevant.

6. [quote name='"SuperBlazed"']

This is such a grey area, people can suffer on chronic depression more than you have suffered in your whole life, who are you to deny them the right to die because it's "only depression"[/quote]

I agree with you completely. If I wanna off myself, I'm gonna do it.

Who is someone to say you have to stay alive. It's your life, do what you want with it. Or end it. Your call.

7. uh not quite hes talking about assisted suicide, its illegal for say a doctor to assist suicide on someone because there in pain, there already like 80 years old and just want to get it over with.

Someone in that situation usually doesnt have the means to kill themselves.

8. "Assisted suicide" is not really the same as killing yourself.

Should people make a business out of putting people to death? That doesnt sound ethical to me.

9. do it

edit - open an assisted suicide business not kill yourself

10. [quote name='"Kush Lord"']"Assisted suicide" is not really the same as killing yourself.

Should people make a business out of putting people to death? That doesnt sound ethical to me.[/quote]

I don't think someone would open a business on it, that would be fucked. But im pretty sure that the op mean if he was a doctor in a hospital, he thinks he should have the right to pull the plug, if the patient wants.

No ones is going to come to you to kill their dying family member, just because it's your specialty.

11. The fact that is against the law I think is crazy.

12. I think they meant that people with depression shouldn't qualify for assisted suicide because their desire to die is a treatable symptom of their illness.

The difference is that a bedridden 70 year old man with Alzheimer's knows for a fact that his health will never improve, he will keep getting worse until he dies, and any money that he or his family spend on healthcare is just prolonging the inevitable. But a 20 year old girl with depression could be successfully treated with therapy, lifestyle changes, or medicine, and she could go on to live a long and happy life. In the throes of her depression she may want to die as much as the 70 year old man, but the nature of the disease prevents her from realizing that there are far less extreme options with better outcomes.

I think it's ethical for medical professionals to assist in the suicides of terminally ill patients, but unless the illness is truly terminal, it's their sworn duty to keep people alive and well.

13. All human beings are born as free persons. However, most governments do infringe on the right to be free -- Washington being a great example.

However, if we consider ourselves to be "free," (which we really are not) then we certainly own our bodies and can do with them as we wish, including ending our lives at will.

If we are not recognized as being sovereign individuals, then we are not free -- as is the case in modern America.

14. isnt this legal in oregon or some shit? if so i think thats enough!

15. There is no illness that is really terminal, even a cancer patient can be succesfully treated with "theraphy, lifestyle changes, or medicine".

16. Not if the cancer is terminal. At that point therapies might buy some time, but many terminal cancer patients don't want to drag it out, they WANT to die.

17. There are lots of diseases that are terminal, at least as far as modern medicine is concerned. For example, Alzheimer's, the one I mentioned. Doctors can try to slow the onset of the symptoms but other than that, there's nothing anyone can do. The patient gets worse and worse until they eventually die.

18. I'm pro-choice. Over the age of 18, of course.

19. Yup, exactly.

20. Do you even know what assisted suicide is?
    And you're calling this thread stupid?
    ha
    lol
    anyways

i will elaborate
    i believe that suicide should me a viable medical option for certain people
    especially the elderly and the terminally ill