Pipe Terminology

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Sweendog, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Any ideas where I can find pics of the percs? Looking at picking up an expensive piece soon, so would like to know what to look out for.

2. You could search them up est waffle, stemline, inline, tree, dome,

3. It's the morning and I'm kinda high but here we go...

Dome Perc: Pretty much the simplest perc form. It just consists of the upstem and the actual dome with holes or slits cut into the bottom. Put the water just above the holes and the smoke will travel up the smaller inner tube and travel back down through the water and holes to diffuse the hit.

Images courtesy of google: [​IMG][​IMG]

Tree Perc: The same idea as a dome, but instead of the actual dome part you have several smaller tubes that are slitted and go into the water. I've seen everything from 3-arm percs to 54-arms.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inline perc- Hops Is given credit for inventing this perc. In most cases an inline perc would replace the downstem. It is a horizontal tube with holes or slits cut into it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stemline- Basically just a gridded inline. Gridding is when you take small bits of glass and close off sections of the slits to make smaller holes to increase diffusion.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Waffle- Made by SGW, Similar to a stemline, but instead of a straight tube it's kinda flattened out and the slits are cut on top.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Donut- Made by EFS, also similar to a stemline but it has a big hole in the middle and slits cut around it so it kinda looks like a donut.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Netline- Made by BC Glass, It's just a stemline gridded all the way around instead of only halfway.

[​IMG]

Matrix- Made by Mobius Glass, it has a whole bunch of holes to help reduce drag

[​IMG]

Stereo Matrix- The newer version of the matrix, it's like two of them put together

[​IMG]

Showerhead/circ- It can either be a fancy dome or more similar to a downstem with the bottom flared out so you can fit more slits.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Disc- A flat disc of glass with holes or slits cut into it that's placed in the tube to add diffusion. You can have one, or you can have a whole bunch of em

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pillar- Made by Sovereignty. Smoke first fills up the dry chamber created by the pillars, then it is sucked down through the perc below the pillars and bubbles are made. These bubbles travel up through the pillar and pop at the top.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

showercap- it has the dry chamber effect similar to a pillar, but then the smoke is sucked through the slits or holes and travels up through a single tube rather than several smaller ones.

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Thank you soo much. I'm a little new to the GonG scene, just recently got several hundred dollars worth of equipment, it's nice to know how to talk about it.

5. This is really good stuff. Great for nerds

6. Is there any specific terminology for a bong

7. May want to add "honeycomb" percs (similar in function/appearance to waffle percs) to the list, saw these on a few pieces lately.

8. Honeycombs are hyped up disc percs

9. Who made them, PHX or Cheech lol.

Like Insta said they are similar to disc percs, not waffles.

However I can't even edit the first post anymore.

10. A scientific glass company makes them. Phx and Chech buy them already made and put em in.

11. Well said, I guess I should have said what piece were they in lol.

12. Nice list. Would've loved to have this years ago when I first entered the scene.

13. Water Pipe

14. Hey y'all,

I am NEW to grasscity. however i have a question for you knowledgeable folk...

I am looking to put my water pipe up for adoption... its a real chugger. It was gifted to me and I just never use the beauty.(pretty stuck on my mobius bubb <3)  I could use some help identifying the percs on this. I believe the one at the bottom is a showercap but i cant seem to put a label with the top part... its a manifest glass works product. I checked out their website, but with no such luck. I would like to inform possible buyers as to what exactly it is.  help help, please 

-attached is a photo, sorry its a bit dirty. i plan on getting it sparkling clean before i take sale photos.

-grassgirl :smoking:

Attached Files:

• mgw.jpg
      mgw.jpg
      File size:
      8.9 KB
      Views:
  15. looks like a splashguard

it doesn't hold water does it? It's there to keep bong water from splashing into your mouth

16. i guess it could be... i never but water past the showercap... theres another chamber before that "splash guard" and there is also catchers above that for Ice. :/

17. Looks like a splashguard like insta said. Can't totally see from the pic though.

Splashguard or dome perc.

18. They sell an updated version of the spill proof bubbler at outkastglass.com with that splash guard www.outkastglass.com

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Awesome small little vocab for ams.