Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

driving to texas w/ bud

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ForMiles, Oct 31, 2012.

1. good idea or bad?

I'm moving to texas from the MD/DC area and I was debating on bringing some with me, i have friends already out there but they say the bud isn't as good as it is up here and it's harder to find a solid connect. My car will be full of all my belongings so in the worst case if i do get pulled over idk if the cops will even want to search my car. I was only gonna bring an O maybe less.

but anyways just wondering what are your thoughts? anyone done this before?

2. I drove 6 hours too a concert with a Half O and was constantly smoking. Car full of people and back full of food/camping equipment. Just be smart, watch out for cops. They usually stick out on the freeway anyway.

3. I live in Austin and I'll tell you that the weed scene here is mad hopping. It's not anymore dangerous to travel around Texas with weed as it is anywhere else. It's all about common sense while driving.

4. If you don't want to risk it you could always give it to me ;)
    I promise it won't go to waste.

5. I would just wrap it super good maybe get a smelly proof bag and then inside of a mason jar. But as long as you dont do anything to get pulled over youll be good, even if you do chances are slim they will run a dog

6. I live in Austin as well, and your wrong op you can pretty much find a hook up anywhere and the dank is top notch I must say

7. A couple buddies and myself went to SC a few years ago and smoked the way there and on the way back. Never got pulled over.

They went to TX for a week and got pulled over and searched on the way there. Luckily they had nothing with them.
    It's all luck of the draw man. And not speeding and such.

8. Not sure where in Texas you're heading, but anyone telling you we don't have good bud is dead wrong.

9. obviously it can go either way... but out of my experiences DO NOT

its simply not worth it

Going thru Kansas, from TN on the way to CO, I got charged with a FELONY for 2 FUCKING-GRAMS(apparently they saw a previous MJ charge from TN and that was enough to consider me a repeat offender, which is a felony, even tho it was my first time ever in Kansas), I was moving aswell so I got every-FUCKING-thing I owned ripped out of my car and strewn all over the highway for 3 hours while they tracked down an 1/8 and a pipe that was only there to help with the 20 hr drive... took me to jail with a $10,000 bond which I miraculously made with help from a friend. One of the worst experiences of my life... I did end up plea-ing down to a misdemeanor with no jail time but it still cost me close to $5000 and 4 more 15 hour round trip drives back to butt-fuck kansas to go to court dates (honestly one of the worst parts of the entire deal).... Moral to that story. FUCK KANSAS

My other friend wasnt as lucky... he was actually in Texas, moving from Austin to CO. He, RETARDEDLY, packed his car and put a duffel in the bottom of his trunk with 6 oz, just basically what he thought he needed to puff when he got here and would need to find a new dealer, and ALL his hustling money... Like 20k

He got pulled over somewhere in bum-fuck North Texas.. They ripped all his shit apart and charged him with FELONY MJ and FELONY MONEY LAUNDERING.. The worst part of all of it??? He continued to move his entire life up to CO after said incident, found an apartment, registered and paid for Community college.. Just to finally go to court and get stuck with the Felony MJ and 4 years probo... but wait theres more... after all his he finds out that felony probation in Texas will not transfer to Colorado, and that he had 14 days to pack up his entire life and get back to TX.

He lost all the money he put down for his apartment, they took all his 20k$, another 10k$ in lawyers and fines, he's a lifetime felon, he has to move back to and stay in TX for the next 4 years while taking drug and alcohol tests.

All because we didnt want to just SHIP THE WEED TO OURSELVES, or better yet show some patience and wait to find a new dealer at your new location... Just think of it like a T-break

And really...how hard is it to find weed in Colorado

10. I agree with all this! Just make sure to go the speed limit and always use turn signals! I live in Texas and all my friends that have gotten arrested with weed while driving were speeding, it gives the cops an easy reason to pull you over, say they smell weed then you're fucked. Honestly if you're smart about it, I think it'll be okay since you're not going to be going through any border checkpoints probably. Another tip: I would bring a little less than an oz. Having an ounce has a higher penalty in Texas than having a gram less than an ounce, which is usually a class b misdemeanor.