CW's indoor organics

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CompostWhisperr, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Fuck ya hateraid! Smells like yellow gatoraid. :bongin: its sweet tooth by pineapple trainwreck i believe. Recieved it from a local growmie.

Lmao! Algae all over that shits just for AW! The rock is lava and shale plus some perlite. Thanks man! Havin a great friday just got back from the races. Outlaw super sprints tearin up the dirt!! Good times. Dabs up brotha! Its my womans rig gimme a break... Haha :bongin: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411785026.469405.jpg

CW

2. #1062 AugustWest, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014

yeah.. he uses algae as his living mulch..

Mornin CW :poke: :wave:

killin it as always holmes! :p

3. Damn it, I mine as well explain... Its very important to let the algae grow in thick. So thick it becomes a gnat, mosquito breeding ground/organic sticky trap. Once the bugs start taking over ... spinosad!!! Like crazy!!! Then when they die you have a nice mulch layer of bugs which is high in Phosphorus. A very important element that alone makes nugs twice as big as the ones lacking this magic "P". Yup. Living Algae mulch ftw. :bongin: :bongin: :bongin:

CW

4. ^^

so true dude..

bugs are fulla nutes!

5. #1065 CompostWhisperr, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    Just wait till the crowds of dung beetles start showing up. Lol

CW

6. Okay man, all you guys' talk about IPA got me to climb outta my Budweiser hole. I gotta say this stuff is on a different level of taste.
    1411865344219.jpg

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411924637.783635.jpg
    Little ones are rippin! I use the peat pots and set em on soaked perlite to wick off. Works awsome.

CW

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412474807.333302.jpg
    Not bad for my first time smoking fish, thanks for the tips triple D. :bongin: Some salmon , lake trout and a little steelhead. Looking forward to another go. I used some chunks of hickory this time, got to try apple tho. :smoke: :smoke: any extra tips would be awsome! I see alot of good food pics floating around different threads... Pretty sure AWs always cookin up the goods...

CW

9. Got me hungry man! :D I hope it tastes as good as it looks. AW and Guest Account 123 are both chefs so I'm sure they have some tricks up their sleeves.

10. As of 5 days ago ;) hahaha I smoke paprika that's about it, and some chicken time and again.

I work in rural Franklin, rich white women hate the word smoke hahaha.

Rubbing some salt and garlic under the skins is a neat trick for chickens buts that's all I.got.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #1072 AugustWest, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    that looks killer dude!

not too much you wanna do there but let that smoke flavor the fish imo.. sale & pepper maybe, but that's about it.

is that a weber kettle smoker? Looks like the one i use..

12. Thanks man! Its pretty damn tastey! Thats the tips im lookin for! Keep it simple, Focus on that smoke...

Idk what kinda smoker this is , i use it to grill mostly and it used to be red, now its black , and falling apart for the most part. Lol

CW

13. Hey CW, how high can you get your thermo temps in there? I was just saying in Blue's thread that I've always had issues with getting my tumbler temps in the high range. 120 is high for me.

14. 160 plus is what it starts out at and works itself down from there. How big is your tumbler? Iv heard having enough mass is key. Alfalfa and chicken shit helps bring them temps up ALOT. I used to have a sweet compost thermometer but it broke!

CW

15. I have a cylinder like tumbler that is approx 3 ft high by 2 ft wide. I usually do horse manure and leaves as the bulk for the compost. I'll throw kitchen scraps etc in there and it will get up to 115-120 then fall back down. I've considered throwing alfalfa meal or hay in there to up the temps. I also have access to chicken poo. I'll toss those items in there this time around. My last pile is finishing now so I usually get another one going in the fall to have by spring time.

16. #1080 Tree dogg, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    And you live next to hell!  I have never checked temps of my compost.  I need to invest in a decent thermo-meter

My compost pile on the ground was steaming today.  (in my best Homer voice:)  mmmmmm…compost