CW's indoor organics

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CompostWhisperr, Oct 29, 2012.

1. #901 guerilla45, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    you guys are baitin me...LOL!

I have finished MANY times in an aeroponic and had fine results....it cant be run like a recirc bucket or typical water grow.....but....

the trick to the aquaponic finish is going to be in the area of "IRON" which is always in short supply in the Aeroponic and Aquaponic setups. both finish fine for me. in both systems the amount of rez water is crucial. the more the merrier as I see it. lower amounts of rez water lower the effectiveness of your filter set up and make for some wicked Ph swings.  It will also cause Ammonium if the spayers are in a non-vented container/pot. 

with both Aero and Aqua systems you'll find a huge load taken off your worries by havin a waterfall of 12 inches or so at the "return to rez" as well as a wide open vent in the res to release gases. A screen top on the rez is very helpfull.
    and an air stone wont do it...the water needs to "fall"  and the rez water needs to "churn".  In both systems a solids filter should be added and the cleanout from this filter used as plant/worm food.

2. Man I had almost a 2ft water fall with a solids filter... I think we went wrong with the fish.. But I'm just not sure.

Gman did ya have to add chelated iron? Or the waterfall corrected the Iron issue? We had to add the iron, so I musta had something out of whack.

So ya have flowered out some in the aquaponics setup? I would like to see that for sure! I've never seen anyone flower all the way through.. Would be interesting! :D

I done a crunk from seed to finish in 12/12...got about 18 inches tall and smoked well.  if ya can access some steel screen and put it between a couple pieces of scotch brite pad the water can fall through it and into the bed. this will help the ammonia levels and add some iron.

your medium can save ya too..a large piece of rockwool carved out a bit in the center can hold EWC and other composts or whatever
    it will also catch and filter fish shit and algae holdin it back and allowing it to break down better.  

I think I might start another one in there if ya like to watch it roll....

4. Ya man I would love to watch that. I had to shut down my system, so I'm gonna have to live vicariously through you guys. :laughing:

5. #905 CompostWhisperr, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    Other then the fact that that it was a busy veg room nothings really stopped me lol. Now it just needs lights and mothers , im hoping to put most the moms outside once they get big. Flowering one would be pretty fukn cool tho...

CW

6. Bet you wont do it.. :poke:

7. Itd be way cooler to have a mini swick tray in the flower room ! Just one plant on it , constantly recirculating the water from the mom room setup... Then i can keep my moms goin and flower in the swick under some real wattage! Lol

CW

8. Sounds like you got some work to do! I wanna watch this. :)

G your confusing my not yet functioning brain. Not hard to to.

Aeroponic = system design. Aquaponics = system nutrition (ie; mineral salts for hydroponics).

With the aeroponics system I had no nutritional media except for the hydrotron in the 3" net cup. 

My old system was nothing but falling water 21-3" netcups set inside 4" ABS tubes for the clone/veg under T5. That dropped into the same sump that the 21-4x3 WYSE tubes mounted vertically on the wall. The tubes (3) where fed at the top. 7' of water fall before it hit the sump. Basically raining on the roots. The sump was around 30-45 gallons returning to the 120 gallon tank with the fish. I also had a shitload of surface media. Rocks in the 120, gravel on the bottom of the tank, and netbags filled with hydrotron in the sump. The tank was vacumed every so often to clean out solids, but I also used shrimp in the tank which kept cleaning to a minimum. Water splashing or shooting somewhere, but I was after the dissolved oxygen at that point. 

I was under the impression that if you got ammonia then the system is not balanced. Also an orginal concern of mine when CW originally built his system. He squashed that theroy.

After building and loading my system I never saw elevated levels. I also harvested only 7 net cups every 30 days and refilled the sites with vegged plants and took new clones. This kept any fluctuations down also.

With the aeroponics I had to adhere to that ole pH thing, so my tanks where kept at 6.7 slightly acidic. 

Ironhead, I remember when you where putting that system together. What a shame? CW's system would kill it in flower because all the nutrition is in the soil and not all in the water. The flow through fish water is just pushing the organic envelope by enhancing the what's available to the plant. Keeping it simple in the process. I agree not all plants are suited towards this kind of setup, but from what I've seen, if it grows in a SIP it should work. Just my thoughts.

10. Work to do?! None of that now... Lol. Im gunna hafto ponder this one fera minute... And if im going ham on this little project i want to see yours too!! At least a little 20gal tank / tray recirc system!!

CW

11. Mannnnn the small amount of space that I have right now is gonna go to a breeding chamber. I have got to get started growing my own crosses... its the only way that I'm gonna make any real money doing this. I mean growing is cool and super profitable, but there has to be more to it than this ya know man?

I'll get a lil system started up in the new spot. Should be done in a few short months. :D

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408751559.822264.jpg

This one is for you CW! Luscious.....

13. Huma lupa licious IPA from Shorts brewing company. Cheers!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408761601.248560.jpg

CW

14. Daaam boys, them some frosty brews! Just finished havin me 2 ounces of single malt Highland Park 12yr scotch, couple cubes and a tiny splash of H2O.....so dam smooth!!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile