CW's indoor organics

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CompostWhisperr, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Hey all! Im a medical grower in the great state of MI. been a reader here on GC for a couple years now and gained most my knowledge from the organics section. Recently I was encouraged to start a journal by a good friend of mine who hooked me up with some IRG beans of his own. I just sprouted 4 plants of cindy99 x romulan and am hoping to grow them up ,seperate the girls, and take cuttings for my next run in the flower room. Currently the babys are in a peat moss/ EWC mixture growing up in my mother area under a 500watt mh. My plants are flowered in 20 gallon soft pots under open 1000watt bulbs in a "no-till" style ammended soil that consists of a neem, kelp, crab, fishbone , and alfalfa. I topdress with my own thermocompost that contains a number of goodys, and water with well water which will hopefully be rain water in the near future. And somtimes soil drench the occasional ACT, botanical soak, or FPE. Organics has deffinantly turned into my obsession.

CW

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. First. :)

Lookin good Brotha man

3. [quote name='"420inMI"']First. :)

Lookin good Brotha man[/quote]

Thanks bro!

4. Cindy99 x Romulan, huh?

Very interested in what these babes can do.

Fucking. Subbed. :D

5. [quote name='"Mashiro"']Cindy99 x Romulan, huh?

Very interested in what these babes can do.

Fucking. Subbed. :D[/quote]

Yea i am too! Thanks fer taggin along.

CW

6. hmmm Michigan!!!!!!!

7. Thank you to all tagging along! The IRG babys are doing well. Theyv been in 4in pots for about a week now. Iv been struggling to get the furnace at my new location to fire and the ladys have been a little chilly. All should be fixed this coming week tho. My grow bro cut down a laundry basket of comfrey from his friends house for some syrup. We fit the whole thing in one 5 gal! Iv never made the "syrup" before but have had great results with comfrey in the compost pile or a botanical soak.

CW

Attached Files:

8. They look good bro. If ya need help with that furnace, give me a call.

9. Looks good compost, I'll be watching.

10. COMPOSTWHISPERER

looking good and green in there! top notch...

I harvested some comfrey too late in the season and got white aphids. Killed em easily with spinosad, but it was a good reminder for myself to keep a close eye on the plants and harvest forage crops like comfrey early before the insects infest.

Keep em green!

HOPE2TOKEe

11. [quote name='"420inMI"']They look good bro. If ya need help with that furnace, give me a call.[/quote]

Thanks brotha! Wer up runnin! Its about time...

12. [quote name='"kindone"']Looks good compost, I'll be watching.[/quote]

Thanks kindone! Keep a close eye!

13. [quote name='"hope2toke"']COMPOSTWHISPERER

looking good and green in there! top notch...

I harvested some comfrey too late in the season and got white aphids. Killed em easily with spinosad, but it was a good reminder for myself to keep a close eye on the plants and harvest forage crops like comfrey early before the insects infest.

Keep em green!

HOPE2TOKEe[/quote]

Thanks toke! And also thanks for the advise. Il keep my eyes pealed.

14. You going to dilute the syrup? I generally go like 10:1

15. [quote name='"Your Grandfathe"']

You going to dilute the syrup? I generally go like 10:1[/quote]

Yes , thanks for verifying that ratio. After stuffing a pail full of leaves i snapped a lid mostly around leaving a small gap still, which is typically what i do for fpe's. Should that suffice?

16. So in my current flower room im running some cuttings of tga seeds, jack the ripper. Its the first run in a new flowering environment and its been better then ever. Iv ran all of the genetics in this room in the past. They all are doing what they should and then some. The only thing thats off is the jack the ripper. During the middle of week 3 i started noticing some male flowers, but only coming out of the calyxes that are located right at the node. And on top of that its shooting buds out of the fan leaves. Its never done this. Im worried its gunna start spreading pollen. Has anyone seen this b4?

Attached Files:

17. I think I am gonna read this whole journal, not trying to step an any balls but I can only give one word of advice at this point....stop using teas and FPEs at all...you got enough "specific microbes" from just a couple additives to upset the nature of the soil... Balance can go crazy when this happens and create a stressfull soil, like a war zone in there.

Misuse of teas and fpe's are the fastest way to get hermies that I know of in an organic op.

Now I have a cutting from the same JTR you are having issues with. I also am 100% organic, A lot of folks will say I am crazy to ya...BUT,.......I'all bet ya dollars to doughnuts.....mine don't hermie out.

This issue can be more of less of an issue from strain to strain but I think that the issue will rear its ugly head yet again in week 6-harvest,........

My advice....add marine Kelp to the top with some castings and N booster of some sort and do not add any other soil enhancers at all.........

If not.........well,......it won't be pretty man.

18. [quote name='"guerilla45"']I think I am gonna read this whole journal, not trying to step an any balls but I can only give one word of advice at this point....stop using teas and FPEs at all...you got enough "specific microbes" from just a couple additives to upset the nature of the soil... Balance can go crazy when this happens and create a stressfull soil, like a war zone in there.

Misuse of teas and fpe's are the fastest way to get hermies that I know of in an organic op.

Now I have a cutting from the same JTR you are having issues with. I also am 100% organic, A lot of folks will say I am crazy to ya...BUT,.......I'all bet ya dollars to doughnuts.....mine don't hermie out.

This issue can be more of less of an issue from strain to strain but I think that the issue will rear its ugly head yet again in week 6-harvest,........

My advice....add marine Kelp to the top with some castings and N booster of some sort and do not add any other soil enhancers at all.........

If not.........well,......it won't be pretty man.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice G. Im sorry but i dont have a journal for my current flower room, but am looking forward to starting my first very soon. Im familiar with this topic and have heard much similar opinions. However it seems like i would have had these issues already in the past. Heres what i came up with. My current flower room babys grew up in 1 gal pots in a simple ammended soil getting just water. they got transplanted into 20gal pots and "vegged" for about 3 weeks. In that time i watered with one fpe and one botanical soak, after they began flower in week 1 i watered with a fungal dominant ACT. Past that they get strait water. Iv grew cuttings of this plant in the past a few times and watered with ALOT more botanical soak/ fpe but still managed to avoid issues like this. Ther are 5 other strains all from cuttings in this room that iv also grew out b4 and its all lookin the best it ever has without any hermies. Idk. :confused: il be testing this theory out some more and im curious to see what your cutting of jtr will do. It seems to me that too many other people run into issues with tga. Im lookin forward to running a lot more IRG in the garden. Thanks again

CW

19. #20 guerilla45, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
    Yeah, I hear the same thing bout TGA, but consider that those ones may just be a bit touchier than the others.

A thought about adding bacteria, fungi, and FPEs :

If ya have a septic tank you have probally added a bacteria to it at one time or another. This helps keep build up undercontroll and drasticly drops service calls and cleannings.

Point is that 1/4 cup of this bacteria added to a 500 gallon tank once a year works fine........lot's of energy displacement goin on there.
    Now this is where I wonder......maybe a couple tablespoons of that "concentrate" we use is more than enough.....

I think that just maybe.....just like my septic tank...if one bacteria gets too prevelant.......well some shit is get ate up.......I mean right?

Ya just gotta know if what your adding is making the soil or the plant more sensitive. There are never any guaranties with this stuff and with that in mind and the things I have seen that some here haven't,.... I think you may need a mild feeding once a month and just let nature takes its coarse with a little training here and there....in other words if ya help those that don't need it the weak will rise to the surface. That open you run is tight ship and one the nicest I have seen, the plant health is off the hook and its super clean and neat....
    You got nothing to do to help them babes they're just fine..

When ya guys gonna be round this side again??