PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZE HELP!!!! early flowering pistols dying not growing!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by airbud420, Oct 27, 2012.

1. #1 airbud420, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
    waddup yall, i dont post to often, as everything has been going swell in my first indoor grow, i got 6 ladies under a 600w hps and ive been on 12/12 for about 3 weeks now, temps 78-80 at max and i got good airflow (cool tube system) I am using the gen hydroponics line

Anyways i have noticed that the buds have sort of hardened up and the pistols are dying, i know that organic bug spray could be the culprit but i did so about a week ago and they are still affected. I recently flushed and the plants have sort of lost their smell. there are a few healthy branches but the pistols are dying on the tops and bottoms of most of the grow.

Im really panicing!!!! I also noticed the small flower leaves sort of twisting if that makes sense i will try to post some pics later today. the rest of the fan leaves are sooo healthy and a lucious green without any curling or dying. there are no males as these were from clones.

ANy helpe would be greatly appreciated im so sad to see this happen after things have been going great

2. nobody can help out? i reallllly could use some advice here. im freakin outttt

3. anyone? im realllllly in need of help please

4. Post some pics

5. will do give me a few mins thanks for replying cannot thank you enough for even opening this thread

6. btw i took them outa the pots to check for rot and theres none they look white and healthy, also the last time i watered them was a week ago and it was a fat flush, so i dont understand why they aint taking in water, the soil is still pretty moist.

7. I'm no expert, just thought I'd share/ask something that occurred to me; Were you supposed to/did you spray the plant with just water after the applying the bug spray you mentioned? I think the plants expel moisture from their stomata, which could have been plugged from the spray. That might explain why the smaller parts of the plant are sick, and the larger parts are healthy, more space/less clogging?

8. i see what your saying, and no i only sprayed the bug spray. maybe spraying them with water will help?

9. I have a plant in veg that I mist with pure water once or twice a week but after reading this Iv realised that mite be what's causing small holes in its new leaf growth?? They repair themselves as they get bigger tho.

10. [quote name='"baz23"']I have a plant in veg that I mist with pure water once or twice a week but after reading this Iv realised that mite be what's causing small holes in its new leaf growth?? They repair themselves as they get bigger tho.[/quote]

image-1160116520.jpg

I think I'm gna stop spraying for a bit n see if this stops.,

Attached Files:

11. that looks like a bug gnawing on it, thats not my problem tho. my pistols are dying and its only the 3rd week of flowing and plants aint taking up much water considering the soil is still wet after a week, last water was a nice flush, so i doubt its nute lockup. also i checked for rot and they are white and healthy so im still stuck please help guys

12. Airbud420 - The leaf in the picture kind of reminds me of clones after the stem dries up, they get that deflated look, which kind of reinforces the idea that they're being suffocated, the twisting could be attributed to uneven contraction as the leaf dries out. I think the buds draw energy as well from those leaves so that might be why they're finishing up fast. Spraying with some clean water might help, I've heard that spraying flowering plants was bad, but I think that was because moisture encourages fungus and mildew. So you may need to increase ventilation if that's going to be an issue. Again, this is all speculation. It could be any number of things, but I don't think it would hurt to try. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will show up and shed some insight.

baz23 - It would depend what kind of light you're using, direct or point light can be amplified by water droplets and burn holes. It could also be traces of salt in the water, condensing in the grooves and eating through. Or pests, or mishandling, or lots of things. If it were related to the lights and water, it would effect the whole plant where you misted it, or just the parts closer to the light. You can try misting before lights out, that way if it is related then it should stop.

13. thnks for te advice man hopefully this mystery gets solved

14. [quote name='"MrMeow"']Airbud420 - The leaf in the picture kind of reminds me of clones after the stem dries up, they get that deflated look, which kind of reinforces the idea that they're being suffocated, the twisting could be attributed to uneven contraction as the leaf dries out. I think the buds draw energy as well from those leaves so that might be why they're finishing up fast. Spraying with some clean water might help, I've heard that spraying flowering plants was bad, but I think that was because moisture encourages fungus and mildew. So you may need to increase ventilation if that's going to be an issue. Again, this is all speculation. It could be any number of things, but I don't think it would hurt to try. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will show up and shed some insight.

baz23 - It would depend what kind of light you're using, direct or point light can be amplified by water droplets and burn holes. It could also be traces of salt in the water, condensing in the grooves and eating through. Or pests, or mishandling, or lots of things. If it were related to the lights and water, it would effect the whole plant where you misted it, or just the parts closer to the light. You can try misting before lights out, that way if it is related then it should stop.[/quote]

Cheers buddy, I added a small fan yesterday 2 increase airflow and I'm gna stop spraying for a bit jus 2 see if tha helps aswell,, I don't think I have a majour problem as there only 2-3 leaves with this at mo but I'm sure it's best I find out wha it is sooner than later :) thanks for the advise