The Best Pizza You've Ever Had.

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by underahoneymoon, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Mine was the first time I ever had deep dish pizza in Chicago. Took pizza to a whole new level for me.

Favorite pizza joints? Toppings? Crust? Do you dip your pizza in a condiment?

I need to know.

2. I'm typically a Dominos guy, pepperoni and cheese. Simple pizza for the simple minded.

I visited NYC as a kid and I reckon my time spent in Brooklyn yielded the best pizza I've ever had. Though I went to this phenomenal pizza place in Paris once too. It seated about four tables and was tucked away in this little cobblestone square near the Bastille market, had foreign banknotes hanging from the ceiling as decoration. They had a ginger cat that just chilled on the counter too. His name was Chat.

I'll never forget that place. I ordered water to drink and was given, for the first time ever, Perrier. And thus began my distaste for sparkling water.

I haven't for the life of me been able to find that place ever again.

3. There's this place in lake placid, ny that was an organism in a box coverd with cheese. I forget the name of it.

4. Local joints...corporation wise maybe vocellis or papa johns. I always eat my pizza with ranch and thin crust ftw!

5. Some place in the north end in Boston.

Nyc has some bangin pizza spots too.

All about that thin crust :yummy:

6. There's a place right near my college called Big Pie in the Sky and holy fuck is it awesome. It's a tad pricey for a pizza place, but for what you pay, you're definitely getting a quality pie.

Me and 6 other guys pitched in the get their XL pizza that we were barely able to fit in my friends Element. Plus, being stoned out of our minds made that pizza easy, easy pickens. :)

But personally, I love buffalo chicken pizzas. Nothing quite like ranch sauce with some buffalo sauce drizzled on top with a bit of chicken to top it off.

7. in the states, this one restaurant in SB called via vai. their pizza is as good as it gets for authentication in the US

but the overall best pizza I've ever had was hands down in Naples. just found a random spot where a lot of locals seemed to be and it was amazing

8. best I ever had...was from a little shop that was in NYC..at the corner where Stanton island and Governors island ferry docks were at, the subway access shack...across the 'hall' was a meat pie shop...both were open 24/7. pizza shop made 2 types, cheese and pepperoni, you bought it by the slice (was a buck a slice) and they were HUGE slices, half the size of pizza huts medium pizzas. Fold like a taco after shaking some garlic powder on it (no cheese, only salt, pepper, and garlic powder there, only choices, no need for Parmesan.

it was the best...and those meat pies...like the Little Debby fruit pies but with a meat mixture, deep fried....OMFG those were GREAT...have never found the likes of those thingies anywhere else.

Lots of fond memories (ok, was high as a kite when I went..and don't recall much more then those were the best dammed munchies ever.. :p )

9. I had this pizza in Sicily while I was in Italy and oh my fucking lord.. it was so good. Very simple ingredients, nothing complicated but the dough was freshly prepared, tomato sauce was made that day and the mozzarella cheese had been made by the restaurant owner's son in law on the mainland. Bit of herbs, basil and olive oil on top. It was heavenly. Sitting by the beach with a glass of wine and a slice of that pizza.. oh how I miss it :(

10. Louie's Pizza in Dallas. Off of Knox/Henderson... OMFG

11. lou malnottis chicago.

12. Barnaby's pizza in chicago, i like it thin and crispy

13. Friend and I walk into a pizza shop on sunset blvd and it was small and dark.

Ordered single slices (like $7 per slice!), but was amazing pizza.

Funny thing is we skipped paying because we could not find an eemployee whatsoever and we would of left money but didn't have cash, only card.

While we walked out, not 1 person chased us.

Wish I left a note saying 'we tried paying, do your job'

14. buffalo chicken, bacon, and pineapple from dominos

15. Chicken, bacon, ranch stuffed pizza at this place called Wicks I used to eat at when I lived in Kentucky. Sooo damn good.

16. I feel ya OP the best pizza i've tried was in chicago too

17. best pizza i ever had was some homemade pizza my friend made.

he used this flatbread stuff and all types of simple yet gourmet ingredients.

so amazing...I like pizza with a modern twist, not a fan of deep dish or thin crust.

18. #18 Anonimo, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    In this order

Connie's Their deep dish is delicious don't know if the quality has changed it's been 14 years since I been to Chi-Town
    Father and Son
    And that Italian ice place with the roast beef sandwiches and gelato
    Uno's

In San Francisco their was pinos, that had passable pizza, but really Cali doesn't have shit against Chicago and NYC in the pizza dept.

Is it possibe that your friend used a Focaccia dough, it's rather similiar to pizza dough and I've used it many times to make a quick pizza, It's what my baking instructor told us to make when we said we wanted to make pizza.

Pizza is served with the classics as I know them, Extra virgin oil, parm, and plenty of red pepper flakes, since the wait is so long in connies I usually cleared the seeds out of my flakes.

[​IMG]

Pepperoni, Italian sausage,Ham, Salami, cheese needs to be a blend of cheddar(white sharp) and mozzarella (to mellow out the cheddar)onion, Bell pepper, Black olives, and some artichoke

19. pizza hut

pepperoni with stuffed crust

20. homemade, 5 foot weed pizza. oh em gee