The Garrilla in the grow room

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GarrillaGrower, Oct 27, 2012.

1. [quote name='"GarrillaGrower"']I have a 5x5 tent with a 1000w hps 6" cool tube. Thats what is coming up for the ladies.[/quote]

Ooo, I'm jealous.

Wish I could afford some items on my list so I could upgrade to a 600w hps cooltube.

2. You keep on doing what you are doing and you will have whatever set-up makes the most sense for you. Me I live in Cali so I want to make money and expand.

3. That T5 Is sick man,, your set up looking good I like tha way tha light fits in nice n tight lol!! Il be also using them growbags in future grows aswell!! Goodtimes :)

4. This is my first time with the grow bags, hope they are good we'll see. plan to have all plants in grow bags by the time I flower. The light does fit tight, and does create heat, but all things considered I like it. The tight fit is, well i like it tight I always have lol, LMAO.

5. [quote name='"GarrillaGrower"']This is my first time with the grow bags, hope they are good we'll see. plan to have all plants in grow bags by the time I flower. The light does fit tight, and does create heat, but all things considered I like it. The tight fit is, well i like it tight I always have lol, LMAO.[/quote]

Lol I was tempted 2 grab one yesterday and put her in as I wudnt mind adding some extra perlite aswell to help drainage but don't wana stress it out as I re soiled her jus over a week ago so think its best jus leave her be!! There jus sweet how ya can fold em up when done with and tha air-pruning shit it does 2 tha roots looks good aswell!!

:goodtimes:

6. T5 looks real good I have been eyeing a badboy myself. one plant in center with some edge curling and burn spots, do you know the cause? is that the only plant that has a problem showing? your girls look good. that's a 2x4 for veg you said? keep those updates coming.

7. Aaaaaaaahhhhh Yes I see you guys have noticed I will be vegging these under the Quantum T-5 Badboy 24" x48" 8 bulb set-up. lol the plant in the center is an Ogre Kush plant it has survived just to defy my best efforts to kill it. I bought it with some other clones a couple of months ago at local dispensary because I did not get enough seedlings through germination to fill out the grow. Any way during transplanting the root ball disintigrated in my hand and I tried to be careful while completing the transplant but she was literaly laying on the ground for a week before recovery started. Anyway she got moved to this grow where she suffered light burn from the T-5 ( sloppy dumb adjustment on my part ). She will be one of my challenges during this grow as far as canopy hieght management. She now is recovering from a nitrogen deficiency.

8. When you buy your seeds do you buy feminized or just normal? Cuz man I bought 4 feminized seeds and I wanna plant 4 =( lol. ROOKIE MISTAKE!

Do you like the t5s more than the mh/hps setups?

9. I had just quoted BYOweed in my grow journal the other night lol

10. How many seeds to plant? I wish I knew enough to answer that question for myself, lol. Still it is a very good question and one that I like. Let me tell you that I paid ~ $120 cash at a dispensary for 6 feminized Corleone Kush seeds. I germinated them and they looked good, planted them 0 came up. In the same grow I paid $50 for 13 regular not feminized O.G. Kush seeds. Germinated them looked good, planted them 4 came up, 2 months later they all came in as females.

11. What I am learning is that if time is not to important to you then you can be stingy with seeds. Me I can't afford to lose any more time this year so I will germinate 30% more than I need if seeds are feminized. i do like feminized seeds and have overall had good luck with them. I do also think some growers tend to blame the seeds more often than they should (in my opinion). In other words I am thinking that improving my germination and seed starting skills I can get better results. I will go over this in my next grow and journal because I am trying a new technique for all that stuff ( new to me ).

12. Now for the question about the T-5. I originally bought a M.H. bulb for my 1000 w ballast along with the hps of course. I was going to veg under M.H. because it is the best as far as light quality. I paid for the bulb had it home and all. Then I got to thinking that a veg tent would double my output. So I got them to back the M.H. bulb and bought the T-5. One of the smartest moves I made in setting this up. Right now I have 15 plants in a 5x5 tent under 1000 watts of hps with 5 weeks to go. and you can see where I am with the veg for the next round. They will go into the flower tent as soon as the first group is done. I LOVE MY T-5. it is making me $$$$$$$.

13. O.K. Peep's, an update on the ladies. As always the garrilla hopes to spark a conversation about interesting developments, and a lack of development. I have both happening as we speak in this grow.

Attached Files:

14. Yes, thats right. The two seedlings on the right i germinated and planted in the grow bags at approximately the same time. Any thoughts, experiences, readings?

15. Now my next update to really get the discussion going.

Attached Files:

16. O.K. The plant on the left is an Ogre Kush you know her story at this point needs nitrogen, but I need her to not be twice as tall as the other plants in the tent when I flower.

17. The plant on the right is a Blackwater seedling.

18. The plant in the middle ( are you still with me gmtbiker ) a freebie seedling of Trainwreck!

19. They sent me seed as a freebie, and I threw it into the grow after my first round of germination looked less than optimal and voila! Not to mention in my neck of the woods Trainwreck can be sold for top dollar. Oh and it is a high potency strain and this plant is grown from yes, you guessed it a feminized seed gmtbiker. At this point it is good to know all these details about each seedling. Also I know they are disease free. I do not know that about the clones in this grow, but I believe the Ogre Kush is a clean plant.

20. Sorry about the poor photo quality, I am trying to learn how to photograph these plants.