Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Should i cut the leaves off my seedling

• Please log in to reply

gregmagnu

gregmagnu

• Registered Upgraded
  • 373 posts
i have 15 day old seedlings, transplanted 2 days ago, after i transplanted them on of my seedlings got crispy leaves. 3 of the bottom leaves are more then 5o percent dried out. What should i do. Leave them be or cut the leaves off

trichome fiend

trichome fiend

¡¡¡ ʇoɯs ƃuıʞod sı

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,157 posts
...I remove dead plant material from my plants...if it's dead/crispy, cut it off.

gregmagnu

gregmagnu

• Registered Upgraded
  • 373 posts
Do i cut the whole leaf off or just the dry parts? And some part are so dry it will rip right off, can i rip it instead of cut it? thanks for the info

trichome fiend

trichome fiend

¡¡¡ ʇoɯs ƃuıʞod sı

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,157 posts
...cut the least amount as possible but remove the dead material.

Erbalist

Erbalist

+ Rep Appreciated

• Registered Upgraded
  • 878 posts
If its 50% or more dead just remove the whole leaf. Its doing more damage then god at that point

trichome fiend

trichome fiend

¡¡¡ ʇoɯs ƃuıʞod sı

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,157 posts

If its 50% or more dead just remove the whole leaf. Its doing more damage then god at that point

...are you saying that if you remove 50% of a leaf it won't photosynthesize? ...if so, that would be a faulse statement. If that was the case, I would have 0% rate when I clone because I remove over 50% of leaf material on near every cutting....but, I have more like a 99% rate because the partial leaves do photosynthesize....the more you know ;):wave:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users