TIMBER!! First Lady Chopped 2006

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Spanishfly, Sep 3, 2006.

1. You harvest when the trichomes tell you to, not the calendar.

In my warm, sunny climate the girls mature faster than in cooler areas.

In 2004 I chopped one lady, she was Sweet Cindy, on August 10.

2. Jonster, you are a fool who knows nothing. Piss off out of my thread.

Everyone else, please excuse me.

3. damn i cant wait till next year when i start my grow, i should have about 30 females. When you dry them do you have to hang the whole tree upside down? Can you just cut off the branches?

4. Yes, you can dry individual branches if you do´t have a lot of space. But they dry faster.
    I hang up the whole plant because I have lots of space and it dries slower - in my climate it is easy to overdry, if that happens the bud becomes a crisp which crumbles at a touch, which we don´t want. As soon as mine hit the right dryness it is a scramble to trim and get into airtight containers.

5. Wow..looks great. You gotta let us know how the smoke is when it comes that time.

6. have you ever filled your shed up so full it creates problems. where you are forced to dry it outside. i am wonding this because i have several plants and i picked out the spot to dry them in june when the plants were only about 4 feet tall. now they doubled in height and quaddrupled in width. is it ok to just hang them upside down under a tree or up in the tree branches. they are so f-ing tall and wide they wont fit thru my doors. or should i just cut the branches off and risk over drying them to a crumble. if i were to set up ropes thru my room and hang the whole plants in the house will it make the whole house reek like bud for months. any one who has had a harvest under their belt could probly help me out a lot

7. In a word direwolf, no, I always stagger chopping so I don´t have more than two plants in the shed at a time. But if mine were as big as you describe I would have problems getting them in. In that case I would probably saw them in half. I suppose you could dry them hanging up outside, but I would be tempted to sleep out with them with a shotgun.

8. great job man, plants like those are what im shooting for next season. If possible could you take some nice bud shots when you are done drying, curing and picking?

9. I will try some bud shots, sure.

10. also the final weight of the bud that you get off that plant would be incredible if you dont mind :)

Thanks

11. I post weights plant by plant!!!

12. sweet thanks

13. Spit that shit Spanish. Take these fools to school. Nice widow! Lets see some pics after you manicure.

14. Er...right.

15. congrats on your beautiful harvest

i also would like to see bud shots/final wieght

oh and jonster wtf are you talking about

+ rep spanish

16. Lookin great bro, I am wondering if the tops of the tree leafs turned brown on yours near the end. I have alot of browning leaves, but it might be due to the heat here, we have had a fairly dry year and it has been pretty hot. Keep up the great growin bro...:D JOE>

17. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1201322" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Spanishfly</TD><TD class=alt2>Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by eric111e [​IMG]
    damn i cant wait till next year when i start my grow, i should have about 30 females. When you dry them do you have to hang the whole tree upside down? Can you just cut off the branches?
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes, you can dry individual branches if you do´t have a lot of space. But they dry faster.
    I hang up the whole plant because I have lots of space and it dries slower - in my climate it is easy to overdry, if that happens the bud becomes a crisp which crumbles at a touch, which we don´t want. As soon as mine hit the right dryness it is a scramble to trim and get into airtight containers.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Spanish, what are the advanages to trimming when dry......vs wet bud trimming?

18. I just prefer to trim when the leaves are dry, I think they cut off easier.
    But you will probably find as many people who like to trim before drying.
    Just personal preference really.

19. were your trichomes looking similar to mine in color? what temp do you dry them at?

20. Nice bush, it looks great.:)