Dudes In The Kitchen.

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by underahoneymoon, Oct 26, 2012.

1. When me and my girlfriend first got together, I was the one doing all the cooking. She could'nt cook for shit. Been together 6 and a half years now, she does most of the cooking, but I still enjoy it from time to time.
    Looking forward to our Christmas dinner, especially after a couple of hits from the bong she's getting me

2. I wouldn't call myself a 'creative' cook just yet, because even though I do know how to cook and enjoy it thoroughly, I'm not too skilled at putting different things together and making it come out tasty (all the time.)

If you give me a recipe though, I'll be all over that shit.

I used to put on a French accent and entertain my friends while we were blazing and cook food for us all. Good times, and lots of good food came from that :)

Plus it helps that I grew up making pasta from scratch with my grandmother, my mother and father both enjoy cooking, and I work at a deli so I can make a good sammich.

3. I'm not good at cooking, I can only cook something too if I'm using a cookbook on how to make it. 

4. I often will stir fry leftover meats with some onions and such. I love stir fry. I made French Toast which is such an easy, but under utilized meal. Well, it is around here. It's all biscuits and gravy, which don't get me wrong I love, but sometimes I need to break the monotony of grease, flour and milk lol. I put cinnamon fries bananas on top of the FT. It was delicious.

5. So incredibly sexy :D

6. I really want to smoke some ribs!

7. cooking a meal is the least i can do for that boo-tay

8. Cooking is a labor of love for me. I love cooking up whatever she is craving. (she enjoys it too)Recently I have been discovering some fine recipes online.Thawing out some venison chilli for tonight*

9. Yeah,one of my skills lies in the kitchen,when I'm stoned as hell I become an Iron Chef.

10. Never cook bacon without safety glasses and a blast shield.  That is all.  

I've started baking my bacon in the oven for exactly this reason, turns out bacon in the oven actually turns out pretty good, you just have to wait for the oven to get rippin hot, like 425-450.

But yeah I know enough to survive without relying on take-out, i've worked in restaurants and actually like cooking. I really want a barbecue though, doing steak any other way just isn't the same.

12. I love cooking stoned, I would love to cook a lot more. I just work all the time and come home at night, and just want to get fast food or a quick meal at home.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I love cooking. I originally went to college planning to get my culinary certificate, but changed my path part way through.

When I was in high school I literally watched hundreds of hours of cooking shows and learned everything I possibly could. I don't cook as much anymore, but when I did, everybody that ate my food always complimented me a lot. I could tell they weren't just being polite, because they would go on an on about it. I am not trying to brag at all, anybody can learn. If you are not afraid to make mistakes you will stumble upon amazing dishes. I never liked using recipes because they felt so uncreative. I would open the refrigerator and find a bunch of stuff to combine and make an amazing meal.

14. Everyone should know how to cook.

15. I went to school for culinary, love cooking

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. My Mum was at work when I was a kid all the time, so I picked up having to cook from an early age. It started as an outlet to being hungry a lot til it became a bit of a passion. As a young teen I saw myself being a chef when I was older, those thoughts haven't changed.

I cook a mean Chilli Con Carne and Bolognese, I make my own pasta sauce with fresh tomatoes, onions, fresh herbs (basil, oregano etc). Really into Italian food, my Bruschetta is beautiful. I also enjoy making curries, mainly with chicken (not really a fan of much other meat aside from beef). 

I mainly cook pasta daily as Chilli (my favourite meal since childhood) and Bolognese tend to put a gut on me if I eat too much. I'll cook for anyone who enters my house for a long amount of time though. I enjoy cooking, it relaxes me and gives me satisfaction hearing someone tell me 'it's really nice' lol.

17. I was raised by a single mom, so I had to learn most shit on my own, from cooking to shaving. I'm no master chef, but its normally just me eating what I make, so no idea what others think of it.

18. I'm a beast in the kitchen my specialty dish is a honey and mustard pork loin with a thick onion gravy sweated shallots and roast potatoes with asparagus and honey glazed carrots.

19. I can operate the microwave. Does that count?

20. I've been working in kitchens for quite some time now.

At home, I just cook normal stuff, after my breakup I've lost some passion, but once I'm back to normal I will be making good stuff again.

I'm really good with meats and fish.