Dudes In The Kitchen.

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by underahoneymoon, Oct 26, 2012.

1. ^home made pad thai is awesome.

2. I have been adding cannabutter to everything I eat. Corn flakes. chocolate milk.

Yeah i'll cook for ya. Buy the ingrediants and invite me over...

3. I learned how to cook in a professional kitchen, now I do all the cooking at home. I'm also a cook at red lobster

4. I love to cook. I just never have money to buy stuff to cook. I'm really good with italian food.

5. i cook 90% of the time at home.. I have cooked as a career for the past 15 years and have had 2 of my recipes published.. 500,000 copies of my recipe between the us and canada.. have ran kitchens and am currently an assistant kitchen manager... love cooking and love the kitchen life.. wouldn't change it

6. I enjoy cooking more than I enjoy eating, most of the time. The process and time that I get to focus and relax are what keeps me sane.

7. I love cooking and food. I do a lot of cooking fit the inlaws and lil lady. And besides the I'm gng to culinary school.

8. I love cooking. I usually make pasta dishes, but I can make pretty much anything. Chili is my favorite to make. Fuck she's good. I can also bake a killer brownie ;)

9. During high school I worked as a bus boy at a restaurant and they asked if anyone wanted to train to be a cook/chef, so they paid me to go to their culinary schooling, was awesome and ever since I've loved cooking. I'll have my friends who live in a dorm down the street hit me up so I can cook for them..haha

10. I love cooking. Usually it's something simple, like soup/stew, or scrambled eggs with sautéed vegetables and meat.

11. I cook/prepare all my meals. I very rarely go out to eat and don't buy "pre-made" food.

That said, I'm no amazing cook... I can make the basics, and can do so fairly well. But that's about it. I've been getting more seasonings and experimenting more, but I haven't tackled any real "recipes" yet, I suppose. Usually I'll just make some rice or beans, cook some meat, and make a few veggies. I haven't gotten bored of the few meals I tend to cycle through, so for that reason I haven't really tried much else yet. I've only really been cooking regularly since January.

It's a slow process, but the nice thing is I'm always learning. When I DO try something new, it usually isn't great a first. But the second time it's better... third time better... and so on until I've got it down pretty good. :)

12. I'm a straight male in my thirties. I cook. I grow veggies and flowers.
    I originally got the "cooking bug" back in college when I was stoned as fuck, watching food network (before all these pathetic 'reality' shows :() and wanted some of what they were cooking....... I didn't know anyone who would make it for me.

Solution?
    Learn to fucking cook.

I have out cooked any of my serious girlfriends. No competition.
    I have been single for awhile now and eating out does not do good things for your health and for your wallet.

With my experience with women, I actually have a question.

When did girls stop fucking learning how to cook??!? Seriously, my old fiance could barely boil water. :confused_2:

13. if you want something done right you have to do it yourself... i love getting stoned and cooking a good meal for me and my girl.

14. i can cook, relatively well. i just don't like to. My girl does most of the cooking. I help her most of the time, but i don't like to make a whole meal by myself. I have done it, and i'm sure i will but i prefer for my woman to cook for me. Call me old fashioned....or sexist lol

The only thing i always do is the meat. No matter what we're cooking, i always make the meat.

15. I cooked short order for 2 years at a bat. Taught myself everything lol

Like people said its a rough job because basically youre working for everybody who just got out of work ya know? The busiest times are when the majority of the world is off or on a sunday. Especially football season

But yeah i cook at home all the time lol im 22. Ive learned to make whatever i can make by simply watching and learning.. Trial and error. Cooking is one of the few things in life u can do that with.

16. Sushi chef by profession.

At home I'm a grill master, GF knows bakery pastry and most culinary thing she learned from culinary school.

So we experiment constantly, just yesterday I made BBQ ribs I slow cooked 5 hours one day and 2 hours with rub and sauce (6-7 spice) @ 275 degrees (low and slow).

It was incredible!

17. OP, I feel you girl. It's so sexy!

18. I am impressed by the amount of man blades who like to get down in the kitchen.

19. Well.. I had my own apartment since I was 17, I'm 23 now. So I had to learn how to cook. If you ever visit amsterdam I'd be more then happy to make you some delicious food.

20. Made chicken basque last week, and did myself sausages, onion gravy and mashed potatoes last night.

I know my way around a kitchen, unfortunately cooking gives me little pleasure :(

I mean I bake cakes and my own bread once in a while too, but my one culinary regret is not stealing the recipe for massaman curry from my step-mother before I stopped speaking to my father, mind you the ingredients would be pretty tricky to get here...