1st try with Organic Soil

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by 420maus, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Happy Sunday GC'ers. Only one more week til the Mayan apocalypse. Shoulda started her sooner so I could enjoy her LOL!!!

N E WAYS....here is the update.

Day 27 of flowering and she's looking great so far. A couple branches I should loli popped but I don't wana mess with her any more. I'll just have some popcorn buds :/

Other than that, it looks like my best girl to date. Had to bend her in some spots to make her fit in the tent. Got some sexy sugar leaves coming in too. Kinda hard to c with the LED's but I tried my best.

O n btw, we went w/ Moomba for my dog :)

Attached Files:

2. Moomba seems to fit her well. She really is just too cute. My pit/lab mix would love her, he's a bit of an idiot but incredibly gentle with smaller animals . I call him my deer. The pit part of him was pretty dominant up until his legs grew. Went from typical short and stout to looking me in the eyes while on his hind legs lol.

Oh and your plant isnt shabby either ;)

3. Woo looking good my man!

4. Man have you come far since the blue mystic PC grow. Looking good mause. +Rep :)

5. Thanx for the love iceman, this hit's for u :bongin: LOL

6. Ok guys, I'm back for an update.

Well... either she is getting close to being ripe or I'm having a nute issue. Today is day 39 of flower and from what I've read, the average flowering time is around 60-70 days. I also read that some strains do show signs of nute issues as they mature and really aren't nute issues :confused_2: soooooo I'm relying on my friends here to help out if possible.
    I'm also getting white fuzzy stuff on the outside of my smart pot. Don't know if that is the benifcial bacteria or not.

Posted some pics of the nute issue that I'm having. I think it might be calcium related. I did add some top soil of my "super soil" but I doubt that would burn the plant at this point. Sheds also peaked at 26 inches tall. Today I noticed that the temps were at 82f with 60% humidity right before lights out. They burning is only on the top four fan leaves.

Other than that, she's looking good. Hairs coming out like crazy, and sugar leaves everywhere. I just wana catch any issue there might be before it gets too bad :eek:

Attached Files:

7. So now that I have her in natural light I can get a better diagnosis...

The tips could be burning cuz of how close the light was. I think I remember reading somewhere that u should raise the light more the closer you get to ripening. So I raised it from 16" from the canopy to 22" from the canopy. I'm still not ruling out Ca def but now I also suspect that it could be a Mg def now that I see what's going on. Some red stems and some of the middle leaves are starting to turn yellow from the inside to the tips. I'd like to get confirmation first before I start trying to fix anything

Attached Files:

8. Sorry, forgot to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year!!! :)

9. Looks good. I dont know what your plants issues are, but if you think its calcium magnesium related give it some calmag. I don't think you can hurt it...

10. I think they look great. A couple leaves are less then perfect but I wouldn't let that force you into troubleshooting, in my rookie opinion.

11. That would stray away from the organic theme, but I could use Epsom salt to fix the Mg problem and I have dolomite lime for the Ca.

But I just wanted to be sure before I actually tried correcting. Guess I'll keep researching...thanx for the suggestion though :)

12. Yeah, I'm not to worried....yet LOL. Some of the lower leaves are strarting to have signs of burning on the tips. But just a very small partion.

13. Ok guys, so what I've done to help out my nute issue is Avery simple and cheap solution...MOLASSES!!!
    I totally forgot about how awesome this stuff is for organic soils. Has all the calcium, magnesium, B6, iron, complex sugars for the micro organizams to feed on ect, ect...
    I feed it to her on the last watering at 1tbs/gal and she soaked up the entire gallon with only minimum run off. I will continue to feed the molasses until flowering is completed. Since I live in a humid environment, I only have to water once a week at the earliest. I am having trouble getting the humidity under 40% for flowering, even w/ a dehumidifier. Hopefully she only has about two or three more weeks left.

14. Well, its about that time.

After adding molasses to the water, she has really started to sparkle n fatten up. She liked it so much I had to water her after only 3 days instead of the normal week or so it takes to dry up. And on the second watering I added 2 tblsp of molasses instead of 1. I'm hoping she's close to done. Most of the hairs are turning brown. Now all I have to do is wait for those hairs to start hiding. The 21st of the month would be the start of week 9. The burning has slowed, if not stopped. Here are some pics. Hope everyone had a happy n healthy new year :)

Attached Files:

15. Looking great! Mines been looking a little funky now that flowering started and i think i may do the molasses if nothing improves in a couple days!

16. What's wrong with it?

17. Its been a little weird. Its in a 2 gal SIP container and hairs are starting to come at each node now, but the new growth is very bright green compared to the rest (i assume fast stretch from going to flowering a week or two ago). But the new growth is beginning to twist and sort of eagle clawed if that makes sense.

Its hard to explain haha i am gonna see what they look like this evening again but there are a few pics in my journal too, but i took this one last night. You can see the main cola and how clawed the new leaves are...

Attached Files:

18. It's possible that u have too much N at this point causing it to lock out the sulphur.

Is this an all organic grow? R u using nutes or just adding water? What strain is it?

19. Hopefully that isnt the case! Its all organic ive given nothing but water this entire grow up until now.

Strain...no idea unfortunately. Its a bagseed i had and wanted to test everything with before i used my good seeds

20. Try n find blackstrap molasses. It has the highest concentration of the trace minerals that u need. And use 1-2 tblsp per gallon. That's my best advice n its not all that great :/ Sorry. I have never personally dealt with this issue but from my research, that is the best conclusion I can come up with. Not saying its right...but its worth a shot.