Is Killah Priest the best rapper ever?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by moongazed, Oct 24, 2012.

1. lol what the fuck is this? corny lines and nothing really profound to say

These are the lines you put up as best ever?

It's carpe diem whether the fact or word is your way
    Comprende?
    The people versus, you ain't no Sensi
    Teaching that style of word-play
    We got the words they
    Regardless of what your friends say
    They're all disable
    Striken from the record and deemed indimissable
    And this long arm of the law grabs a mighter
    Shoot dope lines first and ask questions later
    The death sentence of this live litagator
    Close the case tighter than the jaws of a 'gator
    Stenonographer, that study law again, the jargon

hahah . I think the problem here is clear. You listen to corny, stupid shit. What you consider dope consist of standard lines that say nothing real.

2. Rakim is one of my favorite rappers, but it's a joke to post this as evidence of great lyricism. Actually, the lines are pretty basic.

I made my debut in '86
    Wit a melody and a president's mix
    And now I stay on target and refuse to miss
    And I still make hits
    With beats, parties, clubs in the cars and jeeps
    My underground sound vibrates the streets
    MC's wanna beef then I play for keeps
    When they sweat the technique

Compare that to Killajh Priest's first verse on uprising and it sounds like something from decades ago

I draw deep ryhmes in hieroglyphics
    and tribal pictures of *****s survival, some are trifle endings
    stuck in the beast of three sixes, Bush recycled Hitler
    I swam through menstrual cycles bitches,
    blowing the widow spider kisses
    word to christ a disciple of them bible scriptures
    decipher my lyrics you see my coming, my predictions
    witness my mind dimensions, my rhyme adventures,
    quick, rewind the sentence check for clues, some are missing
    it stuns my vision, but my third eyes like a cyclops
    it sees deeper than the *****s on my block, to comstock

3. #43 moongazed, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012

Is this a joke? While Biggie talks about his everyday struggle, Killah Priest goes further and talks about the struggles of blacks throughout histroy and how it still relates to today. His subject, black history, slavery, is much deeper and profound than biggie talking about selling crack to survive.

also, compare the rhymes, rhyme schemes and flow of both songs. It's clear as day that Killah Priest has the more advanced song

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AHzkg7yxww]Killah Priest - One step - YouTube[/ame]

4. rofl, fuck kid, you're killing me.

really?

sissy pigs frisk me its me
    everybody in the club tipsy
    fuck that bring hip hop back to new york city
    get busy with the white grizzly wiggy wiggy wiggy
    blowtorch leave ya ass crispy hit and delivery
    no trickin me with evil and trickery history misery
    mystery like agatha christie
    my enemies wanna physically cripple me bitch strictly
    specifically wordplay slick ricky im slicker than slick ricky
    Read more at R.A. the Rugged Man - Supa Lyrics

Fo shizzle my nizzle?

5. You should apply to review for The Source and put your talent for discerning great lyricists to work. I bet they could use someone as certain as you are.

6. If I did that, it would be for a smaller publication than the source

7. Dude, you are a fuckin' idiot. If you need any evidence of this, scroll back through your posts on this thread.

8. Fact is you haven't given reason for anything you've said, yet I'm the idiot? Prove how I'm an idiot. At least use some effort to back up the things you say. Anyone can call another person an idiot.

So far, the only thing you've done is post a bunch of songs and call me an idiot.

9. You sir, began with the insults. You came into a community, started a conversation, and systematically belittled anyone who failed to share your opinion. The funny thing to me is that you ignored the one poster who sort of agreed with you. You are not any kind of authority on the subject, you are a 20something midwestern ignoramous who is spellbound by hocus pocus sprit rap. Priest is good, far from the best ever.

10. Mods just close this thread already....

11. #53 moongazed, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012

fail to see how expressing my opinion, even if it disagrees with that of others makes me an idiot. This is a music forum where you post your opinions. If you don't like it, you can simply get the hell out the thread. I didn't insult anyone(before being insulted first). I didn't initially call anyone an idiot, you did, nor did I tell them they were a dickridder. These are essentially things you've done.

You tell me until I come up with a more scientific method to gauge rap skills and then turn around and tell me I'm too invested when I do just that and also turn around and do nothing but post videos as if that somehow equates to good discussion. Also, how can one be an authority figure on opinions? You went from saying music was subjective, to claiming my opinion doesn't matter as much because I'm not an "authority" figure on the subject. What a joke.

12. except your "opinions" are not facts, as you clearly have been trying to assert. Honestly it sounds like you just can't handle someone who disagrees with you.

Next time make a thread "Do you think.....is the best?" and encourage some discussion rather than "This dude is the best, fuck you."

13. fuck sakes, I never said my opinions were facts. This is a discussion. At least I'm giving reason for my opinions. The damn a hole just posts videos and tells me I'm wrong and don't know what I'm talking about. For christ sakes, at least provide reasoning for your opinions, unless you're just some airheaded fool that does not really have strong enough intelligence to explain your opinions.

Again, this is a discussion forum. Seems like some of you on here are too high to do anything other than post videos and spew random bs.

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qid_WGBrQjA]You Need To Diversify Yo Bonds Nigga - YouTube[/ame]

15. more complexed story... more original concept and better storytelling

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEkFUISMVAE]Killah Priest - Déjà Vu - YouTube[/ame]

16. To answer your question in a simple, concise answer, No Killah Priest is not the best rapper ever. Why? Because it's totally subjective and there is no "best rapper ever" category.
    I've never seen someone try so hard to push their musical opinions on somebody as you have in this thread. Just kick back, enjoy his music and converse with others on how much you all appreciate Killah Priest's music. No need for nonsensical arguments.

17. Props to the person that posted this.  I've thought this for the longest time.  Priest is the finest rapper I've ever heard.  He paints cinematic scenes with his lyrics.  Technically, I'd put his rhyme skills, flow, content and lyrical skills against any rapper to ever do it.  The person I'd compare him to is Rakim, but I think his lyrics are a little deeper than Ra's.