Going green...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by FarewellSoLong, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Hey Nikki, I just use an aquarium pump. How strong is your pump? Most regular aquarium pumps are not strong enough to effectively aerate 5 gallons of ACT. I'd do more like 2 gallons of water. That's what I do with mine and get nice ACT, but I know I wouldn't end up with nearly as good of an ACT if I were trying to make 5 gallons using the pump I have. 1 cup ewc, smidgen of compost, a couple drops of molasses (like 1/4-1/2 tsp maybe), and 2 gallons of water will get you a very nice ACT.

Make sure to let your tap water sit out for 12-24 hours to allow the chlorine to dissipate before making your ACT. The chlorine will kill your microbes otherwise!

2. #42 FarewellSoLong, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
    u said "smidgen" lol how cute :)
    kewl...im gooooood...will do 2 gallons.

DELIVERY (we get exited when boxes get dropped off lol)
    chck it ouuuttt... just waiting for tomato tone

o forgot, still waiting on crab meal.

View attachment 1017600

View attachment 1017648

3. My kelp meal looks a lot like coarse ground pepper with light and dark tones. The alfalfa could pass for parsley for sure.

I made kelp capsules that I take daily from my 50# sack. <minerals and iodine and such>........so Nikki, are you getting any weather from the hurricane?

Chunk

4. #46 FarewellSoLong, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
    lol, i mixed, so it TOTALLY looks like seasoning...gonna get my daughter when she comes home from work...

not much, just wind advisories all night long keeping me up...stupid app...might save my life...both trash cans still laying in the front yard from this morning...lol LAAAZY lol...that will wait for the kid too hahaha

5. #47 FarewellSoLong, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
    Can anyone point me to a simple Botanical tea recipe with Fish hydrolysate as an ingredient? Is it possible to use one recipe for all stages of growth? Ive seen lots of recipes but I want the essential ingredients like the soil I currently have cooking.

I just realized reading a post from Jerry that ACTs and botanical teas are different. I have two plants early in veg, about 1 month, one is topsy turvy and the other is being LSTd. They are bagseed that Im still practicing on, but until my soil is done, they are only in promix ewc and compost. The LST plant is getting a bit yellow in spots, some places needing more light, but I think there is a slight deficiency as well. A botanical tea vs an ACT should resolve this correct? I have watered twice with ACT already because I thought that was nutritional...doh! Any help is much appreciated. :wave:

View attachment 1028117

View attachment 1028120

View attachment 1028138

6. Hiya N!kki,

Just use your fish hydrolysate as directed on the label......it should work along with the ACT's you've already applied. If there is sufficient humus in the soil mix, the ACT's should have inoculated your soil.

For a nutritional botanical tea, the easiest and most effective is to use a half cup each of alfalfa meal and kelp meal in 5 gallons of water. Aerate for 24 hours and use straight from the bucket.

You don't need to mix the fish with the botanical, but you could alternate: Water/fish/water/botanical/water/fish/water........you get the picture. I'm curious...how much (%) EWC/compost is in your starter mix?

Cheers,

Chunk

7. It's amazing how quickly plants will respond to a kelp and alfalfa tea.

Cheap, simple and very effective.

J

8. #50 FarewellSoLong, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
    thx chunk, hi jerry
    u mean in my soil cooking? its two cubic feet 1/3 promix 1/3 ewc-compost 1/3 pelite (after cooked) so thats 5 gallons ewc/compost

o chunk, i already have an ACT going, can I just add the kelp and alfalfa to that? just take the bag out?

i just realized you may have been asking ewc in my current pots...no telling...but i think its MOSTLY ewc

9. LOL :D. Did I decipher that correctly?

:bongin::bongin::bongin:... If so, back atcha! :) :smoking:

10. [quote name='"Possuum38North"']LOL :D. Did I decipher that correctly?

:bongin::bongin::bongin:... If so, back atcha! :) :smoking:

[/quote]

lol my b :bongin:

11. Proof Ive got a great mix:

Before
    [​IMG]

Thinned after transplant
    [​IMG]

4 days after transplant
    [​IMG]

Thnx ITG JERRY NOOB