Going green...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by FarewellSoLong, Oct 23, 2012.

1. [quote name='"M!zzNikki"']goodness, i wish i could find more of us, where do you go?[/quote]

I order off the net. Amazon mostly. I have tried everywhere within 45 minutes of me. I love the boonys but the boonys aint got shit for us herb growers. I even had to get my compost from the woods. Listen to Igt and she will set you strait. Respect to jerry and you other guys on here too. You guys are amazing

2. #22 FarewellSoLong, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
  3. Tomato imo. The kelp meal on the page is amazing stuff also. One of the most important hands down

4. kewl thnx, thats what ITG suggested the most as well. So, I'll only be paying shipping for alfalfa which I dont see at Farmer D's and the rock dust which is only like $6.00

5. Sounds like you got it going. Doesnt cost much to build a good organic soil. And especially when you compare it to all those bottles of nutes. Hope you the best. Us GA growers got to stick together lol. I fuckin hate the laws here

6. How about I just called farmer d and they dont have NOTHIN...I stopped asking after the few things I NEEDED from there were unavailable. Crab meal, alfalfa AND the kelp a no go, she even directed me to Lowes Home Depot Ace or online
    ???
    Amazon it is. What can I get in place of crab meal as I can only find $30 tubs online.

7. Sheesh - that's too bad Nikki...

Keep looking, take ur time and don't settle for less. Remember - you'll be using this soil for a long time, so do it right the first time.

J

8. #28 FarewellSoLong, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
  9. Ordered:

2 Gaia Green Glacial Rock Dust - 2 Pounds - All Natural
    1 Neptune's Harvest CS612 Organic Crab Shell Multi-Purpose Plant Food, 12-Pound
    1 Hoffman 16504 Horticultural Perlite, 18 Quarts
    1 Down To Earth 5-Pound Kelp Meal 1-0.1-2 7813
    1 Down To Earth 5-Pound Alfalfa Meal 2.5-1-1 07805
    1 Tomato-tone Organic Fertilizer - FOR ALL YOUR TOMATOES, 4 lb. bag

Thnx so much for the info everyone!

10. Nikki, if you're ordering online and still need anything, I use these folks faithfully. They are good folks associated with MOFGA - Maine Organic Farm & Garden Association.

They are very reasonably priced, as well as thier shipping costs. I cannot say enough good stuff about Fedco.

Organic Growers Supply cover crops, soil amendments & gardening supplies

Hth.

J

11. Thnx Jerry...cant wait til it gets here. Paying shipping on crab and rock dust only...NICE!

12. Great find...thaaaanx...called, got voice mail will try to call again tomorrow...been soo busy @ work. THX AGAIN!

13. [quote name='"Sam Mcgee"']Nikki, here is a granite quarry that may allow you to pick up rock dust.

Grayson Quarry (in Gwinnett County, GA)[/quote]

M-10 $18.25 A TON LOL
    She said I can come pick up a sample in an hour. NICE WORK! My $20 4 lbs of Rock dust is on the way, but this is the best! thnx again.

14. Whats the right molasses? Driving, cant search....anybody...,

15. Hey Nikki, you want unsulfured molasses, like blackstrap molasses. Most better molasses is unsulfured, and you can find it easily at the grocery or health food store. It will say "unsulfured molasses" somewhere on the label.

16. thnx ITG, picked up Grandma's Original lol. Also...just stopped by the community compost and picked up about 7gallons of dirt to start my ACT. I remember you told me to toss my previous cook because woodchips leech nitrogen I believe. Well, this compost has chips, should that be ok, or should I only use it for teas?...THNX!

17. Hey Nikki, grandma's molasses is just right. The problem with your other soil was the osmocote time-release chemical fertilizers, not so much the wood chips, but I did say that you probably shouldn't add wood chips to your new batch of soil (I think you were using pine chips, right?). Most composts have wood chips, sawdust, etc. added and that's okay, but wood chips aren't something you want to add a large portion of to your actual soil. Wood chips tie up nitrogen in the soil as they break down, which is fine in a compost pile with lots of extra N but not so much in soil with plants. The compost you have sounds fine, I'd use it for everything.

18. #40 FarewellSoLong, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
    great thnx....now did i understand that you have a 5 gallon brewer? or was it that you used aquarium supplies? well, i just picked up 5 gallon bucket, air hose and stones (already had pump) what do you think about that? one cup of ewc, smidge of compost and the how much molasses? got two 5 in stones (for the brew) and 2 1 in for the strainer (stocking)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjGZLUyl5rA[/ame]

View attachment 1017591