Going green...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by FarewellSoLong, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Incredibly impressive garden!!!  Any tips on container growing basil?

2. Thank you, there was more last year but they were in one large container that was a DIY SIP. The basil loved it the most. I couldn't eat it fast enough. The leaves were huge and it grew really tall. You see how it looks now, pitiful, but the plant IS over a year old, not sure how often I should start over but if you stick around long here you'll learn if its not cute I don't like it lol and that current basil is looking poorly lol but it was pretty much the easiest thing to grow. That thyme and oregano is giving me a TIME! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Sweet, so they are heavy drinkers, huh?  I just threw a bunch of seeds into a 1 gallon container.... looks like about 10 are sprouting now.  Should I weed out a few, or will they grow comfortably in the same container?

4. Oops yes, Mary Jane 420 is the journal. And yea I think you're good. They seem to be pretty hardy. First thing I used in my DIY cloning machine and the roots shot out like no bodies business. How you can easily get more plants: when they get tall and you can leave some leaves behind, just top it and stick the stalk directly in the dirt, it will root in no time...

5. I would love to.
    I have a pepper in my grow room too. And some cacti. lol

Twas Ever Thus!

6. can you post the link? the app is not working for search.

Twas Ever Thus!

7. Try a search for mary jane 420, you're looking for this : Mary Jane 420's lil acre

8. Guess I should set up some type of SIP if Im not going to check them everyday. I hope this bounces back...
    View attachment 1400369

Sage suffered, but I know it will bounce back...
    View attachment 1400370

Pimento peppers looking good, already blooming. I wont attempt to pollenate until it gets a bit larger.
    View attachment 1400371

Heeeey Jalepeno's!!!! Last time I looked, there was nothing. Nice!
    View attachment 1400372

Still only the one Big Jim. Maybe Ill clone it. Last year one plant was not enough.
    View attachment 1400373

9. #196 FarewellSoLong, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    This is my area of the city where I share other things besides growing weed. Bare w me...if you'd like to know where the weed is, by all means hit up my grow journal *only have one* http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1148356-mary-jane-420s-lil-acre.html/page-49#entry19804452
    For now....

MY FIRST EDIBLES *vegan*

'Ingredients:
    Weed/marijuana - 2 grams/8th ounce approx. (I used waaay more lol)
    200ml vegetable/olive oil
    250g flour
    250g brown sugar
    250ml water
    65g cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla essence
    1/2 cup plain chocolate pieces/chips (optional)

Note: This recipe contains weed. Weed strength varies and there is no "standard" so quantities may not be given or be approximate. Please use your own judgement when measuring based on your knowledge of the weed you're using.
    Directions:
    Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grind or finely chop (do NOT use mortar and pestle) the weed.

In a large frying pan on a low heat, heat the oil for a minute or so. Add the weed and stir for 30 minutes, maintaining a low simmer. The oil should be dark and brown at this point. Leave to cool completely.

Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Place a sieve over the bowl and pour in contents of the pan (the oil and weed) and scrape out all the oil (this is what contains the THC), pushing all the liquid through the sieve leaving the cooked grass, which is now useless.

Add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate pieces. Bake in a greased or parchment-lined square tin for half an hour.

Leave to cool, slice, eat (one is enough!) and wait around two hours or so for the effects...'
    http://www.thestonerscookbook.com/recipe.php/recipe/special-brownies

The ingredients
    View attachment 1417683

Is this about 2 grams? I forgot to take the digital scale w me to the store to replace the battery (if id have thought hard enough i could have googled it) so I bought a regular kitchen scale whos increments are too large to measure 2 grams soooo
    View attachment 1417684

I ended up adding a bit more bud lol, and these are the ingredients measured out
    View attachment 1417685

So then since I couldn't find a suitable answer online as to which is better to cook with: fresh weed or cured weed, I decided what the hell both!
    View attachment 1417686

Cute lil gadget I picked up since Ive got peppers growing and I plan on cooking more edibles if this works well.
    View attachment 1417687

Did a nice job. I even left the stems in. I read somewhere that I could make Tea using the roots. I'm going to try that since I've got fresh roots from a chop earlier today.
    View attachment 1417688

30 min of cooking. I may have scorched it a smidge at the end cause there was slight smoke, but I took it off the burner as soon as I noticed.
    View attachment 1417689 View attachment 1417690 View attachment 1417691

This is whats was strained
    View attachment 1417692

I got every last drop
    View attachment 1417693

What was left was basically paste like
    View attachment 1417694

Dry ingredients mixed with the oil
    View attachment 1417695

Water ingredients added
    View attachment 1417696

I put the sieve down on the pan and noticed that it was still leaking oil so I use that oil to oil the pan
    View attachment 1417697

Floured (too much?)
    View attachment 1417698

At the last minute I decided I wanted to add almonds
    View attachment 1417699

So I did
    View attachment 1417700

Looks like poo lol
    View attachment 1417701

Fingers crossed
    View attachment 1417702

10. Came out nicely
    View attachment 1417751

I'm not a fan of the gooey center. Once I started cutting I could tell it was not done.
    View attachment 1417752

I put it back in, so I think I ended up cooking an hour and 10 minutes
    View attachment 1417753 View attachment 1417754

Nice storage
    View attachment 1417755 View attachment 1417756

Now to test...
    View attachment 1417757

Yooooo, head is doing something weird. Im feeling it before I even finish typing this post. Whoooa! Not outrageous, but more than I expected so soon. This would be awesome at work lol

11. Touch down! This is gradually getting more intense, its weird that Im feeling it mostly in my face/head lol

I could not do this at work, maybe HALF of one of those bits lol

12. And still higher *and other h's lol* i could not drive like this...still on one lil piece of brownie!!! Fiya!!