Going green...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by FarewellSoLong, Oct 23, 2012.

1. #1 FarewellSoLong, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
    Can someone help me locate a local supplier of organic amendments and soils in the gwinnett - dekalb area of GA?

2. #2 InTheGarden, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
    Boss Brother's Country Store
    3084 Hwy 78
    Loganville, Georgia 30052
    770-466-0570

Standard Feed and Seed
    2339 Brannen Road Southeast
    Atlanta
    (404) 241-6922

Cooper Feed and Seed (this looks like a good place)
    \t1550 University Drive
    Auburn
    (770) 868-4433

Family Farm and Garden Supply
    689 Georgia 11 Monroe, GA 30655‎
    (770) 267-0018

Stewarts Feed and Garden Center
    \t658 Grayson Highway Lawrenceville, GA 30046
    (770) 963-8335

will any of these work for you?

Free Compost in DeKalbd county:
    DeKalb County Public Works collects landscape debris and composts it. The compost is piled at four sites in the county.

The biggest pile is near the Central Transfer Station, across the street from the county jail complex at Memorial Drive and I-285.

for more info: How to Get Free Compost | Walter Reeves: The Georgia Gardener

Do a google search for "Organic Farms (your county, GA)". Call them and ask for a recommendation on a place to buy good organic amendments for your garden.

edit:
    Farmer D Organics (they have amazing organic compost)
    \t2154 Briarcliff Road Northeast Atlanta, GA 30329
    (404) 325-0128

Also, go to the farmer's market and ask around. You'll get some good tips on where the best spot for organic products is.

edit 2:
    Herron Farms
    \t83 Hickory Trail
    Dawsonville
    (706) 531-4789

They've got worms and bunnies, and look like a great source of vermicompost and rabbit manure. Great website, seem very helpful. I'd definitely call this guy and asking him for a good organic supply store in your area, I'm sure he'd give you a good recommendation.

Back to the Garden Inc.
    \t140 Hancock Road
    Athens
    (706) 353-7645
    Back to The Garden Inc.
    www.backtothegarden.us/

Looks like they are producing good organic compost. If you call any of these smaller places and ask, I'm sure they can help you find what you need.

3. The biggest pile is near the Central Transfer Station, across the street from the county jail complex

LMAO!! This has irony written all through it!

M!zzNikki, please get your compost from this pile...LOL

4. ITG i was hoping i wouldn't be bothering you any more today. you've already given me so much invaluable information. i'm actually on my way to one of them while on my way to vote.
    lmao sam, thats where im going

5. Haha! I didn't even notice that, I was just copying and pasting real fast lol.

6. I think I remember Fun Time Gro Hap was somewhere down that end of The States and used to use Farmer D's products very successfully.

Look around for that brand, too, Nikki.

J

7. Great, thx Jerry

8. Farmer D's compost is the bee's knees. It's impressive stuff, and not manure-based, which I like a lot. You should be able to find it easily, and you can always get it at their store in Atlanta. They collect the green waste from Whole Foods and compost it, along with peanut shells, cotton gin waste, granite dust, chicken litter, peat humus, and a biodynamic preparation that's full of accumulator plants like dandelion, yarrow, and stinging nettles. After trying forever to find a way to get Coast of Maine compost shipped here without spending an arm and a leg, I was so excited to find this Farmer D's. They also sell dry organic fertilizer and other stuff along those lines.

How's that free compost? Does it seem to be good quality stuff? I wonder what's in it.

9. Lol it's the recycle type (certain container on trash day) compost. Sounds like good stuff, looked like good stuff. Never knew it was there HA thx, still hunting for a store. Will call the stores u listed tomorrow. Thx again.

10. Welcome to the organics help center of love and wonderful info :D

Nah but really. Glad to see another Georgia grower. Welcome nikki. Im not far from you at all

11. goodness, i wish i could find more of us, where do you go?

12. Indeed.......listen to Hap:poke:

13. I beg ur pardon??

14. I was in the middle of researching ur suggestions ITG and Jerry when I got poked with a branch lol, thnx for the explanation Chunk. i dont usually respond that way, but i was like "what the what?!?!" lol..its all good....

but Farmer D's seems to be the spot. thnx so much...think I may turn this into my organic thread.

15. O....M....G...do you know i was googling FUN TIME HAP LMAO! I thought that was the store...sad thing is...I have not even lit up yet. Let me get :bongin:

Thnx for the link Chunk lol

16. Yeah, Hap is good dude and we got a little mileage outta the quote......especially with the topic of the thread I linked. Haven't seen him in a while:confused:

Glad ITG got you hooked up down in your part of the country. You're in good hands here for sure,

Sometimes I've got a dry sense of humor but by and large I'm harmless:cool:

Chunk

17. lol Nice to meet you :wave: