Crazy Theory About Pokemon!

Discussion in 'General' started by stenod, Oct 23, 2012.

1. I dont know if pokemon is still relevant enough for you to have made this thread. its a cool idea though.

2. Idk man, I play pokemon almost every day. I have an emulator on my phone so when I'm bored I train my pocket monsters. :)

3. Hell yeah, I still play it occasionally. Black and Soul Silver are literally the only games I play on my 3DS. :rolleyes:

4. I remember saving up my money as a kid to get a GBA sd. I was so psyched when I finally got it. The only games I ever played on it where pokemon, super mario and a dragon ball z: legacy of goku II.

5. that actually sounds really fun! what kind of phone?

I'm just bitter because my cousin used to kick my ass in pokemon all the time. as well as yugioh. :(:confused:

6. I've got Fire Red and Crystal on my phone. HTC Evo 4G. Pretty easy to get running too. ;)

7. when was that like what year? I'm just curious to see if my generation is a pokemon generation or not lol

8. I have a crappy zte warp. Pretty much any smartphone can run it. Just install Gameboy color a.d. off the android marketplace then on your phones browser go to emuparadise.me and install the game you want. Note this will only work for Android phones, not sure about iphones but I'm positive there's a tutorial on youtube for it. Also this app will only play gameboy color games. To play gameboy advanced games you will need to download gameboid on your computer then transfer it to your phone. It's not hard to do, just a few google searches away from playing friggen Pokemon on your phone!

An additional note is with both GBC A.D. and Gameboid you have the option to fast forward so those slow ass battle scenes are a lot more enjoyable plus you don't need to ride your bike everywhere.

The gameboy advanced sp (my bad I wrote sd before) came out in feb. 2003 I got it shortly after but I've been playing pokemon on the old fashioned game boy color since like '98 or '97 can't really remember when I got it.

9. OP here with a new theory.

Pokemon was training us to become "stoners."

First of all it was teaching kids to place in insane value on a piece of paper. I don't know how much money I spent on what are essentially worthless paper cards. Much like with weed, there is a purposely limited supply, the price is tightly controlled, and we are trained to give some worthless thing enormous value.

Second the cards were teaching us to form underground connections. They were teaching us to deal. Or if not to deal to buy. You would go around your elementary school and middle school asking random people to trade pokemon cards, then you got to high school and started doing the exact same thing with weed. Its teaching you to perform blackmarket, often non-monetary transactions.

Maybe they weren't training us to be stoners and I'm just a stoner. Probably that episode of South Park is closer to the truth. Or the cards were meant to condition our brains into being communists.

10. Bro.... I think you're fuckin stneod....... lmfao

11. Sorry too long to read. I'll sub and come back after I get high as fuck.

12. >_< HAHAHA I love it.. Great theory, I suppose Yu-gay-Oh is just the same? I never got into cards much but I would try Magic the Gathering. I heard its real fun... *tokes* If only my xbox wasnt such an attention whore

13. [quote name='"stneod"']OP here with a new theory.

Pokemon was training us to become "stoners."

First of all it was teaching kids to place in insane value on a piece of paper. I don't know how much money I spent on what are essentially worthless paper cards. Much like with weed, there is a purposely limited supply, the price is tightly controlled, and we are trained to give some worthless thing enormous value.

Second the cards were teaching us to form underground connections. They were teaching us to deal. Or if not to deal to buy. You would go around your elementary school and middle school asking random people to trade pokemon cards, then you got to high school and started doing the exact same thing with weed. Its teaching you to perform blackmarket, often non-monetary transactions.

Maybe they weren't training us to be stoners and I'm just a stoner. Probably that episode of South Park is closer to the truth. Or the cards were meant to condition our brains into being communists.[/quote]

Stoned or not, that is an ingenious theory! It's so true!